https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662914 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2400 on: November 29, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »
Had to pay tax on the PlayStation Plus though which was a pain, only two or three dollars but couldn't be arsed to find an address that would be tax free. My US PSN account is registered to a hotel in Utah, probably could have registered with the same hotel with Amazon and not paid the tax but as far as Amazon are concerned I'm living in a 4 star hotel in NYC lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2401 on: November 30, 2013, 05:18:45 PM »
Looks like the PSN servers have recovered from the bashing they got from Sony releasing the PS4 in Europe on Black Friday lol. Just sorted out my free games:

PS Vita - Soul Sacrifice
PS Vita - Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
PS Vita - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
PS Vita - Wipeout 2048
PS Vita - Gravity Rush

PS3 - ibb & obb
PS3 - Bit Runner 2
PS3 - Hotline Miami
PS3 - Telltale Games Poker Night
PS3 - Binary Domain
PS3 - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
PS3 - XCOM : Enemy Unknown
PS3 - LittleBIGPlanet Karting
PS3 - Galaga Legions DX
PS3 - Star Wars Pinball

PS4 - Resogun
PS4 - Contrast

Do they always have that much going for free each month..? Or do they have stuff on there for a few months and gradually add more stuff to the list..? That seems like an awful lot :o

I could also have added Uncharted 3, ICO and Shadow Of The Collossus but I already own those :o :o :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2402 on: December 02, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
The Wii U is set to be overtaken by both the xbox One and the ps4 in the UK within the next fortnight.
Well that happened slightly faster than expected...
Congrats to Sony - the ps4 is the fastest selling console in UK history.

The xbox one sold 150k units in the UK in it's first 48 hours - which left it just a fraction short of the Wii U's lifetime sales. (The One has since overtaken the U).
The ps4 sold 250k units - an astonishing amount.
Both consoles are now comfortably ahead of the U.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2403 on: December 02, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »
Yup, both figures are really impressive, but especially the PS4's, to shift quarter of a million consoles in 2 days is mental...

Offline Late

« Reply #2404 on: December 02, 2013, 04:16:53 PM »
Peggle 2 (timed exclusive) will be out on xb One on Monday 9th December, and will cost $11.99

Great news - I'll be all over that :D
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2405 on: December 02, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »
Really weird how the Wii U has done so poorly in the UK, the UK has always been a PlayStation nation (ooh, that rhymes lol) but it's not as if the UK doesn't buy other brands. Major kudos to Sony for shipping that many, Microsoft also shipped more than I was expecting. Going to be interesting to see how both consoles do during their launch windows and beyond next year when the inevitable software droughts start.

Offline harv

« Reply #2406 on: December 02, 2013, 08:06:09 PM »
A Hot Pepper Review for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, lmfao...looks like he's going to throw up a few times there lololol :o ;D ;D ;D

My friend Paula would eat a handful of those without breaking a sweat, but she is certifiable lol :o

Offline Late

« Reply #2407 on: December 02, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »
... beyond next year when the inevitable software droughts start.

Go on, I'll bite...

How come when your fisher price console came out and there was a woeful lack of games it was completely unexpected, but now the good consoles are out it's inevitable the same will happen to them?
The fanboyism is palpable.

Offline harv

« Reply #2408 on: December 02, 2013, 09:51:04 PM »
It wasn't unexpected. Every console in video game history has a software drought soon after launch, usually after the launch window. What was unexpected was the length of the drought, caused by Nintendo delaying several first party titles and Ubisoft postponing the launch of Rayman Legends by 7 months despite the game being finished.

Offline jman

« Reply #2409 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:54 AM »
Really weird how the Wii U has done so poorly in the UK, the UK has always been a PlayStation nation (ooh, that rhymes lol) but it's not as if the UK doesn't buy other brands. Major kudos to Sony for shipping that many, Microsoft also shipped more than I was expecting. Going to be interesting to see how both consoles do during their launch windows and beyond next year when the inevitable software droughts start.

Except for the last gen.. I don't have the exact figures, but I don't think the PS3 overtook Wii sales in the UK, never mind the 360 sales. 
(PS3 was at 5 million sold on 11 October 2012.. the 360 was at 8 million on 14 February 2013, so I think its clear to say that the UK was a microsoft nation last gen)

Great numbers from sony for the launch of the ps4 - but if both systems are sold out everywhere.. does that just mean that the ps4 had bigger and better production than the x1 ??  Its pretty fucking terrible for Nintendo having a years headstart and then being beaten within 48hrs  ;D  I did say its worldwide figure will be beaten within 6 months  ;)

Peggle 2 (timed exclusive) will be out on xb One on Monday 9th December, and will cost $11.99

Great news - I'll be all over that :D

Yeah I saw that the other day.. gonna pick that up myself  ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:59:48 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2410 on: December 03, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »
The sales of the Wii U should pick up again starting this Christmas. It should easily do over 3m before the end of the year, and they have the releases of Donkey Kong and Mario Kart 8 to keep sales momentum going after Christmas. Patcher reckons it's going to do 6.5m before the end of the financial year, fuck knows where he's getting a figure that high from though. Unless Mario Kart 8 releases earlier than people are guesstimating :-\

They've got Donkey Kong in February and we'll probably see Mario Kart 8 in April or May, I can't see Mario Kart 8 releasing any earlier than that.

Offline jman

« Reply #2411 on: December 03, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »
The Wii U is fucked mate.. sooner you realise that, the better... it'll take 6 months - and then you'll come back saying that it was a one-off or a fluke, or totally unexpected.. or some other inexplicable excuse that further tries to defend Nintendo's gross inability to understand the market... and you'll just look like a bigger prat  ;D

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2412 on: December 03, 2013, 11:39:55 PM »
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-11783-PlayStation-4-Sells-2-1-Million-Units-Worldwide.html

2.1 Million units for the Playstation 4 Worldwide after the European release...and they haven't even released it in Asia yet.

Offline Late

« Reply #2413 on: December 04, 2013, 04:02:20 AM »
The U is dead in the water within a week of the big two coming out, and before either of them has come close to launching worldwide. It's hardware sales have slowed so far I'm half expecting negative figures this quarter.

Offline harv

« Reply #2414 on: December 04, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »
Am three chapters into The Last Of Us and it's pretty good so far. The story is predictable to begin with though, hopefully it's going to get better as the game progresses. Music is great so far, and the atmosphere of the game is great...very heavily influenced by Ravensholme from Half-Life 2 which is awesome.

A bit too easy to sneak up on baddies and stealth kill them so far, hopefully it's going to get more difficult later on. Too much ammo and resources lying around though which is disappointing, ZombiU does that much much better.

Really enjoying it so far.