https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662973 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2415 on: December 05, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Custom DLC is REALLY close for Rocksmith 2014. Am only partway through reading the relevant thread on the Anvil forums but the way things are going we should have custom DLC before Christmas I reckon.

If any of you have fancied playing the guitar and want to learn it's well worth picking up Rocksmith 2014. I wouldn't go for the bundle that comes with the guitar though personally, better to go for a guitar from preloved.co.uk, there's some real cheap guitars on there.

The PC version is the best one to get and has hardly any lag at all.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2416 on: December 07, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »
Am watching Charlie Brooker : How Videogames Changed The World documentary (its on 4seven) at the moment, I imagine its been on before, but I must of missed it, I'm quite enjoying it though... so far so good with Pong, Space Invaders, Pacman and Elite on the 25 strong list, check it out if you haven't seen it already

Offline harv

« Reply #2417 on: December 07, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
Yup, saw it last week and really enjoyed it. Particularly seeing as Elite, number 1 in my best 5 games of all-time list, got a good showing. I must have put in near enough a thousand hours into that game over the years :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #2418 on: December 07, 2013, 11:52:28 PM »
Meh.. the last "game" shown was just naff.. and the list felt expanded in places, could of easily been cut down to 15.... "Shadow of the Colossus", "Parappa the Rappa" and "StarCraft" for example did sod all to change anything lol

Offline bealec

« Reply #2419 on: December 11, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »
Parappa the Rappa was a classic. You take that back sir!!! ;)

Bought my boy Skylanders Giants for his birthday. He loves it and its a very good idea. Does mean I'll be up to my eyeballs in Skylanders characters soon but it's worth it.

Offline larry

« Reply #2420 on: December 12, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »
Started playing gt6 after getting it last Friday, so far so good until last night!! I was slowly making my way through the game, had over 40 cars and 300,000 in game credits (believe me it takes ages to get credits as they have introduced micro transactions where you can purchase credits, cheeky bastardy). Then I catch wind of a glitch on the game that enables you to get 20 million credits!! But to do such glitch you need to have a million credits to buy the car in question. So I decide to sell all my cars to raise the million required, buy said car and follow instructions and delete the game file reload and sell the car for a cool 20mil!!  Only to find that it had been patched when I was re loading the game, so it didn't work >:( :(

So now I have no credits or cars other than the one I purchased for a million, which is now only worth 300k after trade in, so all in all a Fucking waste of time!!!!!! >:( >:(
 >:(
Back to the credits grind!!!!

Other than that enjoying it  ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #2421 on: December 12, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
Cheaters never prosper!

Actually, they usually do. Unlucky, mate!
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2422 on: December 12, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
That's the downside of mandatory updates to firmware and software :(

That's one of the few good things that Nintendo have done with the Wii U - even game updates are optional. Was reading about the One firmware update yesterday and it's not only mandatory but it also turns your One off as opposed to putting it into standby after it's downloaded meaning you have to get up and manually switch the thing on rather than saying 'Xbox On'.

Not sure if you can turn it on with the controller though..? :-\

I've always thought mandatory updates are a bit dodgy since that update bricked a few PS3s years ago. I always prefer letting others beta test updates for me since then lol ;D :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2423 on: December 12, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »
Yeah, the controller almost certainly would've turned it on.
Mine comes on when I press "watch TV" on my remote, and did so as normal after the update - just took a bit longer than usual.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2424 on: December 13, 2013, 02:37:22 AM »
Custom DLC is now sorted...and someone has done Monty Python's Every Sperm Is Sacred. Talking of Catholics popping out sprogs like nobody's business, what's happened to styles..? Is he okay..? :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #2425 on: December 13, 2013, 10:58:33 AM »
Trailer for The Walking Dead: Season Two.
Episode 1 coming very soon...

I love these games, and want so badly to play it, but I'm going to wait until at least 3 episodes have been released. I can't bear the wait between episodes.

Fingers crossed they bring them to current gen machines soon.

Offline jman

« Reply #2426 on: December 13, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
Yeah, the controller almost certainly would've turned it on.
Mine comes on when I press "watch TV" on my remote, and did so as normal after the update - just took a bit longer than usual.

I was shouting at my xbox for a good 5 minutes.. then realised it had turned itself off completely lol - turned it on by controller instead

Offline harv

« Reply #2427 on: December 14, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »
Aw bollocks, I knew I'd be looking for trouble by downloading and playing the demo of Bravely Default Flying Fairy from the 3DS eShop. Despite it being turn-based combat, which I normally despise, it has enough interest in the mechanics for me to put up with. Along with your usual combat options you have Default, which halves damage taken and generates Brave points, and Bravely, which uses said Brave points to do whopperdonger damage.

The game looks great, good use of depth in particular and it looks like there's plenty to do in the demo alone.

Another game I want to buy >:( ;D :P

Offline jman

« Reply #2428 on: December 15, 2013, 12:00:52 AM »
Not shitting you, but someone I know, her ex hubby added me on Facebook a long time ago, he is a bit of a sad layabout, he's jobless, claims disability benefits (he's partially sighted), spends all his available dosh on video games, loves Nintendo, he loves those shitty troma films too.... Anyway, he was blabbering on about that bravely default game, the other day saying how excellent it was, and what a boner he had from buying the super special edition from shopto  :o

... He likes watching and discussing wrestling too though, so if you ever feel low Harv, just think there are tons more pitiful people than you around

Offline harv

« Reply #2429 on: December 15, 2013, 12:18:39 AM »
There used to be a regular in the Queen's Head that genuinely believed that all this wrestling is real lol ;D ;D ;D

He was a right weirdo too :-\

I won't be getting it for a while though because I'm going to wait for it to drop in retail price and on top of that get it second hand. I'm not buying any Eidos/Square Enix games because of Eidos making my entire department redundant...I'm boycotting the fuckers lol. :o ;D

Am getting Super Mario 3D World and one of Deus Ex, Assassin's Creed IV, Batman Arkham Origins or Sonic Lost World for Christmas, and the ones I don't get I'm going to be waiting for them to drop in price a fair bit before I get them. I'm trying not to spend more than £25 on games this generation, although that's been made more difficult since Flubit went shite ages ago >:(

Most games I've got recently are less than 20 quid which is a lot easier to save up for.