https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662727 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2445 on: December 26, 2013, 05:58:47 PM »
I really can't believe how unprepared publishers and platform holders are for Christmas. :o

Nintendo, Sony and Steam were all buggered yesterday and it's looking like Ubisoft are buggered today (not sure what their status was yesterday because Steam was fucked but it wouldn't surprise me if they were out of the game yesterday too.

Same goes for console launches and big game launches too. It's inexcusable for them not to be prepared for launches and busy times like Christmas.

Have found a torrent with over 400 custom songs for Rocksmith which should give me well over 500 songs to play. Am working on playing Pinball Wizard at the mo, which I bought from Steam. 5 songs for under a tenner which is pretty good. I can play half the song at 90% speed so I'm quite happy with that. I'm learning the lead part first then will get the rhythm part down next. My muscle memory is developing quite quickly thanks to the mini-games. Ubisoft reckons that with 1 hour practice each day you canjlearn to play the guitar in 60 days and I reckon that's about right (although of course the level of playing will be different for different people).
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2446 on: December 27, 2013, 11:18:01 AM »
I don't know about the others, but Steam has been perfectly fine for me. It apparently struggled for a while because they gave away left 4 dead 2 for free but I noticed no problems.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2447 on: December 28, 2013, 02:15:50 AM »
Yup, it was completely down for me and many others on Christmas Day. Didn't try it again until Boxing Day and they appear to have got things sorted from then onwards. I just can't understand why these companies have these problems, it's not as if it's a surprise for these things to be busy on Black Friday/Christmas/launch day. They should be prepared for these things. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2448 on: December 28, 2013, 08:57:11 AM »
Ah, on actual Christmas Day?
No, I wasn't on Steam on Christmas Day, lol.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2449 on: December 28, 2013, 10:31:30 AM »
I heard Nintendo struggled to meet the demands of the extra 10 or so people who got a Wii u this Christmas  :P

Offline stupac

« Reply #2450 on: December 29, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »
So how is everyone enjoying their shiny new PS4 or Xbox One?

What are they like? (particularly PS4 as that's the one i'll be getting when the time comes.)
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline stupac

« Reply #2451 on: December 29, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »
Also a question for anyone with a 3DS or 2DS.

My mate got a 2DS with the new pokemon game so I had a little go and it's changed quite a bit and looks pretty fun. I haven't played pokemon since the original one on Gameboy which I loved! So considering getting the new one.

But the question is can a 3DS and a 2DS play together online? As my friend has a 2DS would I still be able to connect to him if I got a 3DS or would I need to get a 2DS to be able to play together?

Offline harv

« Reply #2452 on: December 29, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
Yup, you should be able to play each other. A 2DS is just a 3DS with one screen and no 3D.

Offline stupac

« Reply #2453 on: December 29, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »
Sweet. I saw a 3DS for £115 and a 3DSXL for £135 and the game is around £32 everywhere I could see. So just considering whether to get the 3DS or the XL.

Offline harv

« Reply #2454 on: December 31, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
We could be seeing more Nerd Rage next year lol ;D ;D ;D

Not on the same level we saw with Bayonetta 2 but there's going to be an announcement of a 3rd party exclusive releasing in 2014. Probably Devil's Third which would be cool. 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #2455 on: January 01, 2014, 12:41:43 AM »
Nice to see Microsoft have stepped it up a bit. Sleeping Dogs is free on Games With Gold for first half of January. Cracking game, and only a year old.
Definitely recommend it for anyone who doesn't have it already.

They revert to form later in the month with Tomb Raider Guardian of Light.

Offline harv

« Reply #2456 on: January 02, 2014, 03:33:47 AM »
Woo hoo!!! Am now 9102nd out of 33214 people on the Leaderboard for Ducks ReDux on Rocksmith 2014's Guitarcade.

The Guitarcade games are great, the artstyle is the same as old 80s Arcade games even down to duplicating the bootup sequencewyou used to get when the things were first switched on years ago with checking the RAM and ROM and the games being in 16bit-o-vision. ;D 8)

Haven't played any Guitarcade games for a while, have been learning Blitzkrieg Bop and Pinball Wizard. Got over 90% of the former sorted and around 60% of the latter. I should really concentrate on them more because they're fantastic at developing muscle memory.

Not sure how well I'm doing with the 60 Day Challenge thingy because I haven't been playing for an hour or more mostly, and even if I was that part of the Rocksmith 2014 site has been pretty much buggered since launch. A bit daft considering that they've been harping on about it pre-launch.

Still, I know I've improved a great deal since I've started using it - there's no way in hell that I'd have gone anywhere near 90% of Blitzkrieg Bop at full speed before I started, and it's a piss easy song with just 4 Power Chords lol :-[ :P ;D :-[

The custom DLC though is the real huge bonus though. Means you get to learn and play songs that would never appear officially either due to licencing issues or because they're songs that are from telly series, films or video games. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #2457 on: January 04, 2014, 06:29:59 PM »
Am halfway through Super Mario 3D World and it really is something special. I still can't get over how round everything looks. :o

Decided to have a little break with it though and give Batman Arkham Origins a quick look. Am very disappointed with the GamePad use, you've basically got the map on there and that's it. No Bat Computer in the palm of your hands, no seeing the Baterang's eye view when throwing it. Not sure who did the port but whoever it was just needed to replicate all of the GamePad functions that Arkham City had and you'd be left with the definitive version of the game again. >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #2458 on: January 06, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
FM2014 has changed a bit.. well from FM2012 which was the last one I had...

I started as Gosport Borough.. working my ways through the leagues again.. definitely feels more and more like a manager simulation and I like the 3d gameplay improvements.. although its a bit slow on my work pc

Offline harv

« Reply #2459 on: January 06, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »
Aw ffs, Deathstroke has to be one of the most annoying boss fights EVER!!! :o >:(

I'm going to beat him soon but this is REALLY frustrating :o