https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662652 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2475 on: January 17, 2014, 11:45:40 AM »
It's 2.8m...although not much difference lol.

Yup, Iwata has to go I think.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2476 on: January 17, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »
Nintendo have today revised their Wii U sales estimates for the current year down from 9m units to 2.8m units.
Just a small shortfall, then.

Projected profit/loss for the year is amended from a £587m profit down to a £205m loss.

We all know what it's like when you find you've got a few quid less than you thought you had. I bet that missing eight hundred million pounds is either down the back of the sofa, or in the pocket of the jeans you were wearing last week.

Surely Iwata can't hang onto his job now?

EDIT - 2.8m, not 2.7m as I originally posted. Clumsy fingers...

Oops - fat fingers. Thanks Harv.
Worrying in my profession if you can hit a 7 when you're aiming for the 8...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2477 on: January 17, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »
Been playing Theme Hospital a little bit today.. don't know why I fancied playing a bit of that... perhaps everytime I have looked into the mirror this week, I just see that fat inflated head person that's in the game  ;D

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2478 on: January 22, 2014, 02:58:35 AM »
Yeah, I'm so done with Call of Duty, it's gone downhill so much in recent times and I am absolutely not enjoying Ghosts. They took out all the good game modes (Headquarters, Demolition..) and replaced them with awful ones, the gameplay is too sluggish and inaccurate and it's still full of campers, dropshotters and bullshit deaths. Definitely done with that series once and for all.

Battlefield 4, on the other hand, is fucking amazing.

Offline Late

« Reply #2479 on: January 22, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »
XBOX 360:

Deals of the week on Gold this week include a few decent buys:
Dark Souls: £3.74 (75% off)
Tales of Vesperia: £6.59 (67% off)
Final Fantasy XIII-2: £4.94 (67% off)
The Witcher 2: £4.94 (67% off)

That's the best four imo.
More details here
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2480 on: January 22, 2014, 05:36:43 PM »
Cheers, Late. Going to have to fire up the 360 again. Think I'm going to grab Dark Souls at that price.

Offline Late

« Reply #2481 on: January 22, 2014, 06:20:51 PM »
Pretty sure I've got that in my backlog. Really should give it a try. I know a lot of folk love it. (And a lot hate it!)

Offline Late

« Reply #2482 on: January 22, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »
Coming to PlayStation plus at the end of this month:
Metro: Last Light (ps3)
BioShock Infinite (ps3)
Outlast (ps4)
Dynasty Warriors Next (psv)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip (psv)

Outstanding, once again, Sony.

Offline harv

« Reply #2483 on: January 22, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
Yup, really good value this PlayStation Plus stuff. Should have a good few PS4 games to play when I get it early next year.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2484 on: January 22, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »
Pretty sure I've got that in my backlog. Really should give it a try. I know a lot of folk love it. (And a lot hate it!)

I took the (small and very reasonably priced) plunge!

I've read about the notorious difficulty, but also that it's immensely rewarding, which sounds good to me. I've played some games that are difficult because the devs employ cheap methods (Seth boss on Street Fighter 4) and I hate that, but the reviews seem to indicate Dark Souls does it right. Going to make a start on it now.

Offline jman

« Reply #2485 on: January 23, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
Finished DR3 today, which prick thought it was a good idea to not let you free-roam after you complete the game? 

The game took me 15 hours to complete, I was doing all the side missions as well, but it's not like the 1st one which was made to replay over and over again, so I don't see the problem in why we can't free-roam  >:(

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2486 on: January 23, 2014, 02:49:11 PM »
Dark Souls is insane! It took me 3 attempts to kill the first boss you meet like 15 mins into the game! Although, I chose to start as a pyromancer and I don't even know how to use my fireball spell LOL, so I'm just stood there whacking this 20 foot demon and trying to dodge his big stick:

It's a great looking game for one released in 2011. I just need to change my approach from 'YOLO' to 'cautious' and I'll stop getting blindsided in dark corridors.

Offline harv

« Reply #2487 on: January 23, 2014, 05:27:59 PM »
I finished Arkham Origins last night and it was excellent really glad that they kept the Power Gloves that the Wii U version of Arkham City had and explained where he got them from. Probably the best game of the lot, mainly because I was itching to swoopaaround Gotham City after being in Arkham Asylum for two games.

Deus Ex next, but will have to wait a couple of hours for these eye drops to wear off cos I can't see bugger all.

Offline harv

« Reply #2488 on: January 24, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »
Started Deus Ex now, just had my surgery and that sequence was VERY well Directed. Very impressive. Just hoping these augmentations aren't going to make the game too easy, really liked the difficulty of firefights without them although not being able to see the laser sight too clearly was a major pain in the arse.

It's only a small thing but being able to read emails and stuff right at the start of the game on the GamePad's screen is a nice touch, something I'm never going to tire of throughout the Wii U's life. Makes things more realistic and as a result more immersive. I've heard VERY good things about the GamePad use during this game so am really looking forward to it. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #2489 on: January 25, 2014, 08:42:25 AM »