https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662732 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2490 on: January 26, 2014, 10:18:29 AM »
Actually I take it back, DR3 implements a new game+ system instead of a free roam, so I started again and all my stats carried across, except there seems to be bloody glitches with a few things.  For starters I've collected every blueprint now but am still a few short, and no I haven't missed any, the game hasn't given me some in the 1st game, when it should have, a common glitch apparently.. Like doing a jigsaw and finding a piece missing at the end - infuriating to say the least.

And don't know if this is a glitch or not, but your zombie kill count carries over throughout games, but the pp trials which require you to kill x amount of zombies don't, you start a new game and you start from 0 again, seems weird as your completed pp trials carry over just fine.  So if you kill 1000 zombies for a trial, but start a new game before beating the 10,000 zombie trial, your 1000 trial is passed ok, but you have to start from 0 again to hit the 10,000 one, considering there's a 100,004 one, I don't think I'll bother, Ive only just hit 53,000 over 2 full games worth!

Anyway, too glitchy for me to even bother thinking about 100%ing it.. Which means I'm pretty much done with it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:20:39 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2491 on: January 26, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »
Yup, that's the perils of adopting launch software these days. Having games patchable is the worst thing to happen to this industry, as are trophies/achievements from the point of view of testers.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2492 on: January 27, 2014, 02:01:04 PM »
Well the second part isn't a glitch, slightly different than I originally posted.. its just that some pp trials don't unlock until you have finished another pp trial, so when I killed 5,000 zombies and won that trial, it unlocked the kill 10,000 zombies pp trial, but that trial starts at 0.  I think someone counted up the cumulative amount of zombies you would have to kill to complete the pp trials and its around 300k.. theres no way I'm going to do that, plus there are stupid pp trials like craft 50 amount of one particular item.. totally boring and not worth doing.

The blueprint glitch is definitely a glitch though.. and stops people from getting 2 achievements so they really should of sorted that out with the mega patch.. but they obviously haven't, more interested in releasing their DLC, nothing to do with it being launch software.

I had to KO the Kinect voice commands for the game too because there were too many times where it would just pause the game, or snap the help to the side of the screen without me doing anything.  In one funny case, I paused the game, went to go to the toilet and it unpaused the game (I was in the middle of a boss fight at the time).. I then quickly paused the game again.. about to pee and it did the same thing again.. so I had to pause the game and then bring up the bloody dashboard to stop that happening before disabling all Kinect stuff.

I might run through the game on nightmare mode now to get 1 of the last 2 achievements I can actually get and then call it a day... if you stick to the storyline it doesn't take too long to finish the game, but I've done it twice now, so its getting pretty boring.

Aside from that I've ragged the shit out of Forza/DR3 in the past few weeks.. so a new X1 game is calling.. Ryse or Zoo Tycoon.. unsure at the moment.

Offline Late

« Reply #2493 on: January 27, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »
Still undecided on whether to get Zoo Tycoon, but I've picked up a decent amount of xbox credit at low cost lately, so its still on the cards.
I got £30 of credit for £20 from ShopTo a month or so back, and then on Friday I got £40 of credit for £24 from Game. Both deals were glitches or misprices that disappeared pretty fast - was lucky to get onboard both. In fact in both instances I tried to buy more a minute or two later and missed out.
Still - it means I have about £97* credit on my account, now, which is a hair's breadth from being two games. One of which will be Titanfall.

Currently playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag - and thoroughly loving it. Definitely my favourite AC game so far. I've enjoyed them all, but being in command of your own pirate ship in a sandbox game is the icing on the cake. I've not actually done much of the story yet. I always like to explore a bit first, and this world is MASSIVE. And attacking/plundering ships is so much fun!

*I actually have £57 credit on my account. Dunno what went wrong when I put the £40 code in. The xbox recognised it as a £40 code, and said my account balance will be £40 higher, but the account balance didn't actually increase. I spoke to MS customer support on Friday evening (webchat) and they told me that there's some maintenance work going on which seems to have delayed my account being updated but it should be sorted within 24 hours. Spoke to another chap on Saturday evening and he's escalated it to some division who'll apparently get it sorted within four days.
It's a little irritating to have this chew, but MS have always sorted my problems out satisfactorily in the past so I have no reason to worry this time will be any different.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2494 on: January 27, 2014, 02:41:14 PM »
Yeah Zoo Tycoon and Ryse.. I could find loads of faults with both of them, but I need something as a stop-gap until Titanfall... I've given up on Assassins Creed... they strung it out too much and annualised it, the quality started to drop and all the games felt the same in the end.. don't think I'll bother with it again.

Microsoft have purchased Gears of War from Epic

So expect to hear another Gears game in the works later this year then... 

Offline Late

« Reply #2495 on: January 27, 2014, 03:26:23 PM »
If you see AC4 on offer go for it, mate. It's much better than the last few. And it doesn't matter if you've missed one or two, as the old story effectively finished at the end of AC3 (with Desmond as your current-day protagonist).

Haven't seen it going for less than £40 on current gen, though, so far. I usually wait until the AC games are about £17 but this one was getting such great reviews I couldn't wait (plus current gen is more expensive anyway).

Have got Rayman Legends preordered for the xb1. Comes out around 21st of Feb. Doubt it's much different to the xb360 version which came out last year, but it got fantastic reviews and it's only £29. (I say "only". I could probably get the xb360 version for less than £15, and like I say - it's probably identical.)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2496 on: January 27, 2014, 03:37:05 PM »
£26 for Rayman Legends if you apply the PRE10 discount code at zavvi...  not really interested in it though.. although the PRE10 deal can be applied to Titanfall, so I've just pre-ordered that at £39.59... good to get my order in sooner rather than forgetting about it!

Offline harv

« Reply #2497 on: January 27, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
Yup, the pricing of newly released consoles' games really take the piss. It bloody annoys me every single gen. Mind you, Ubisoft titles always dive in price pretty quickly so it won't be long before they're the same price as the current gen SKUs and Wii U SKU is now. Give it a couple of months at the most, probably half that time. They'll still be more expensive but not the piss taking prices they are now.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2498 on: January 27, 2014, 06:16:44 PM »
Saw that zavvi order but couldn't be arsed to cancel my order for £3.
Titanfall's gotta be digital for me - save on the disk swapping when I want to play something else or watch a film. Hopefully it's a game I'll want to play a lot. Just so long as they don't make it £70 or something stupid.

Offline jman

« Reply #2499 on: January 28, 2014, 09:44:55 AM »
Digital wont take off until they start undercutting retail prices.. which wont happen because retailers will get the hump and just stop selling the physical copies.. so until a console goes fully digital, I'll always prefer to have my games on physical discs.... I can see the benefit that having a digital copy can bring, but price will always be top priority.. and the ability to resell just adds more to the case of owning physical discs.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Apart from the glitchy ones, I completed all other achievements on DR3 now... not interested in the DLC, so its back in the box for the time being.. moved back over to Forza 5 - I'm on lvl 110.. going to hit 150 and then call that a day too.. the stupid thing is.. the game has a lot of content to fully complete.. but the content is just recycled way too much.. the # of cars you can buy is great, but the # of tracks is just piss poor.. and even if you concentrate fully on the SP mode, which is what I've been doing so far.. when you get to the last 6 or 7 championships.. you'll really struggle to afford the entry cars which is just stupid because it means you've got to go back and race more to earn more money.

I've also decided after countless races that the drivatar is a load of baloney.  What I've found playing on the hardest drivatar level is that if you don't catch up with 1st place on the first corner or early on in the race, and they go out of sight.. once they are out of sight, there is no catching up with them, they basically drive like a professional, so whilst you are fighting it out for 2nd,3rd or 4th place.. 1st has zoomed a million miles ahead... if you do catch up with 1st early on in the race and pass him.. then it is so easy to zoom out of sight of the rest of the field.. so it just doesn't make sense.. If I drop drivatar difficulty, I just win every race.  The one benefit drivatar does have, is the unpredictability of the AI, so drivers will try and cut you up, some will block you from passing, so in that aspect it does work.. but I just find every race turning into the same thing where I will always finish 2nd or 3rd.. and 1st will be a million miles away from the rest of the pack.

Offline Late

« Reply #2500 on: January 28, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »
Digital wont take off until they start undercutting retail prices.. which wont happen because retailers will get the hump and just stop selling the physical copies.. so until a console goes fully digital, I'll always prefer to have my games on physical discs.... I can see the benefit that having a digital copy can bring, but price will always be top priority.. and the ability to resell just adds more to the case of owning physical discs.

So long as I can pick up xbox credit on the cheap from time to time digital is in with a shout. There's no way I'd pay face value when they're charging more for digital than they are for physical.

Weird thing happened over the weekend. I'm sat there playing Assassin's Creed when the game was suddenly replaced by a photo that one of the kids was looking at on her phone in another room. Her mate had sent her a selfie, and god knows what she's pressed but suddenly I've got this teenage lad's fifty inch gurning mug staring back at me!

Second time it's happened. I think. There were a load of images flashed across the screen whilst I was watching a film last week. I didn't recognise anything and when I said "xbox go back" it went back to the film. In both instances I think it went into Windows Media or Windows Video.
It's a bit scary, tbh. I've googled it and I see lots of folk are getting "compromising" pictures and videos pop up on their xbox, apparently coming from their pc or phone.

Offline jman

« Reply #2501 on: January 28, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »
lol... cant say I've had that

Offline harv

« Reply #2502 on: January 28, 2014, 04:35:30 PM »
Lmfao, just be thankful he didn't send her a picture of his bits :o ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2503 on: January 28, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »
Am really enjoying Deus Ex, the GamePad really makes a huge difference to the game. ZombiU, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Batman Arkham City and Deus Ex are great examples of how the GamePad can improve games. Even Arkham Origins which doesn't use the GamePad that much apart from having the map on it at all times is an improvement over the other SKUs.

Will be adding Watch Dogs to that list soon too I reckon, should be the definitive version.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2504 on: February 01, 2014, 12:12:42 AM »
The first non-launch day title I'm actually interested in comes out this month, Thief....Played the original on the PC many years ago, memory is quite hazy but it was a decent game from what I recall. Should be good on next gen consoles and I'm eagerly awaiting reviews, fingers crossed it gets some good scores!