https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663101 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2505 on: February 01, 2014, 06:03:13 PM »
I've a bad feeling about Thief - the price is falling rapidly and there's been no reviews yet.
Hope I'm wrong. Enjoyed it on PC back in the day, and preordered it for xb One yesterday (£34 at the game collection).
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2506 on: February 02, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »
Oh, generally I can't stand stealth games.. will be giving Thief a wide birth methinks

Offline Late

« Reply #2507 on: February 02, 2014, 09:38:28 AM »
It's one of those you can play stealthy or wreak carnage.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2508 on: February 02, 2014, 11:44:56 AM »
So a bit like Dishonored then ?   I felt like that game punished me for not being stealthy though.. as a result I never got very far through it.

Offline Late

« Reply #2509 on: February 02, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »
Aye, probably not one for you, then.
That said, there's not been many previews or reports on the game yet (hence my concerns) - though I did hear the XP system was tweaked recently because it was favouring folk who killed loads and played stealthily - so I imagine it's now either geared toward stealth or is more evenly balanced.

Offline jman

« Reply #2510 on: February 03, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »
Rumours are is that its not Halo 5 coming this year, but Halo 2 Anniversary edition.. which also includes MP maps.. plus Halo 3 and Halo 4 for the Xbox One.. would be well excited about that.. Halo 2 had the best multiplayer maps in all of the games imo.. Zanzibar is my absolute utter favourite, but Ascension, Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower, Headlong, Warlock, Lockout and Foundation were all amazing maps aswell. 

You see if Halo did a multiplayer game only with the best maps from the series on it.. I'd be all over that like a rash with no hesitation of buying it, still the best Multiplayer FPS game to date for me.

Offline harv

« Reply #2511 on: February 04, 2014, 10:26:24 PM »
Fucking hell, Game Informer have MGS on their cover and a 20 page spread of the game and they've revealed that they've completed the main story of the single player campaign - without side quests - in under 2 fucking hours :o :-\

Unbelievable, how the fuck do Konami expect it to sell..? ??? :-\ ???
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2512 on: February 05, 2014, 01:06:25 AM »
MGS 4 wasn't terribly long...it was long with it's cutscenes and breaks in gameplay, but the actual playtime was only about 6-7 hours from what I remember.

It did eventually get patched with trophies, but I don't do retrospective games anymore, not when theres so much available that i still haven't played.

Offline Late

« Reply #2513 on: February 05, 2014, 11:15:06 AM »
Ground Zeroes isn't a full game and was never suggested or intended to be one, Harv - it's just a prequel to MGS 5. It's long been known it'd only be short. Hence it's relatively cheap pre-order price everywhere (around £20 last gen and £25 next gen).
Still not interested, mind. I'll wait for MGS 5. I loved the first few MGS games, but didn't get far through MGS 3 before getting bored, and haven't played any since.

Offline harv

« Reply #2514 on: February 05, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »
I know it isn't a full game, but the physical copy is £40/$40 to buy. Some people have had their £25 pre-orders cancelled too. I really can't see this selling at all. If it was around 4 hours they would be able to get away with it but it's UNDER 2 hours, definitely taking the piss. I can see it failing very hard indeed.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2515 on: February 05, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
I know it isn't a full game, but the physical copy is £40/$40 to buy. Some people have had their £25 pre-orders cancelled too. I really can't see this selling at all. If it was around 4 hours they would be able to get away with it but it's UNDER 2 hours, definitely taking the piss. I can see it failing very hard indeed.
What? Who's selling it for £40 physical?
I don't think I've seen anywhere selling it for more than £30 on current gen, and the most expensive I can see for last gen is £24.99
Current gen can be had for £24.75 at Gameseek or £26.97 at Gamestop. There might be better deals around - I've only had a very quick look.

As I said earlier, I'm not tempted personally. I don't think it's good value for money, and you all know I'm keen on a bargain.
But it's ridiculous to go around saying the game is retailing for £40.

Also bear in mind it's two hours for the main story. There's side quests and console-exclusive stuff that'll extend your playing time well past that.

You're missing a lot of stuff if you only ever dash through the main objectives in your games.

Offline harv

« Reply #2516 on: February 05, 2014, 05:05:42 PM »
Just saw on another forum that someone had pre-ordered it for £40. Obviously you'll be able to find it cheaper but for less than 2 hours gameplay for the main story, side quests or not, I can't see anyone in their right mind paying any more than a tenner for it. It hardly seems worth releasing tbh. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #2517 on: February 05, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »
Just saw on another forum that someone had pre-ordered it for £40.

Tell him I've got a plot on the moon and a bridge in London for sale.

The rrp for Xbox One and ps4 versions is only $29.99

Offline Late

« Reply #2518 on: February 07, 2014, 10:18:27 AM »
Looks like Knuckles has been on the 'roids ahead of "Sonic Boom" (Ninty exclusive).

youtube

Offline harv

« Reply #2519 on: February 07, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »
Yup, saw that yesterday lol. The character models look terrible, game looks interesting though. Quite like the idea of a Sonic gamewwith Ratchet and Clank gameplay elements.