https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663047 times)

Offline ancelotti

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2520 on: February 07, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »
Noticed it's possible to get Rayman Legends on the Xbox One for £22 at ASDA. Is it worth it?

Offline harv

« Reply #2521 on: February 07, 2014, 07:19:17 PM »
It's a great game but using button presses for the Murfy sections takes a lot of the skill (and fun) out of those parts. Definitely worth getting though, it's a great game with loads of content.

The difference between playing the Murfy sections the way it was designed and with button presses is hard to explain, I guess you have to experience it to realise how much better it is with the GamePad. It's kind of more hectic I guess, you're staring at the touchscreen and swiping your finger across the screen which means you need more coordination to move levers and platforms at speed. And because you need more coordination it makes it more difficult compared to just routinely pressing a button when prompted.

Of course it is a Ubisoft game so it's probably going to be 15 quid in a couple of weeks. I really can't understand how Ubisoft make their money tbh. They have hundreds of people working on games which means they're producing these titles with large budgets and then after they release them they always drop in price pretty drastically soon after launch. :-\ I just don't get it :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2522 on: February 08, 2014, 01:53:40 AM »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2523 on: February 08, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »
Noticed it's possible to get Rayman Legends on the Xbox One for £22 at ASDA. Is it worth it?
Do it. Good old fashioned platformer, not just for kids, and scores 9 outta 10 everywhere. And it bulks out the collection a bit ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2524 on: February 08, 2014, 04:04:38 PM »
A Gaf gif from that thread I linked to above:

Gotta love Gaf and their gifs lmfao ;D ;D ;D

Hope the guy videos his mate doing it and posts it on YouTube lololol ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2525 on: February 09, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »
Thief Trailer.
Looking fantastic :D
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2526 on: February 10, 2014, 08:06:56 AM »
Been playing a lot of Civilization 5 since I have no more xb1 games to play.. there are addictive games and then there's civ.. it takes it to a whole new level for me...

Started a marathon game type on an islands type map on King (Hard) with 12 other civs and around 10 city states, I've never completed hard mode before but I could be close this time.  Started as the Aztecs as I've never been them before and literally been 2nd best to the Romans all the way through - am about half way through the game at the moment, but I decided Rome were getting too far ahead of everyone a couple of hundred turns back and gave them some backhanders to start wars with the other civs.. if anything, simply to stop them trading so much with them.. that plan worked for a while, until Rome started beating the crap out of everyone and dominating the map.

I had wiped the arabs out of the game because they became cheeky and started settling too close to me.. unfortunately starting a war with them turned most of the other civs against me, so I've been in a long war with about 3 or 4 civs but recently made peace with them, I don't particularly want to fight them at this time, I'm worried that if I leave Rome too long, they will just win the game, so I concentrated all my efforts on a new super army, Rome are far more advanced than me, but I declared war on them and captured one of their cities after a very tactical battle.. my empire is not very happy with me at the moment though, so I need to chill for a bit, make them happy again before I can try and conquer more roman land, its going to be a LONG war with them though.. they have so much land and so much money, I'm not even sure I will be able to stop them in time.

Offline larry

« Reply #2527 on: February 10, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »
Does anyone know if i can add the free ps4 games to my download list from PS+ even though i dont have a PS4?

Would be good to have a few games when i eventually get a PS4

Offline harv

« Reply #2528 on: February 10, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
Yup you certainly can! ;D

Offline larry

« Reply #2529 on: February 10, 2014, 10:23:42 AM »
Ignore my question above, ive just sorted it!

Harv, ive done it via their website, will it show on my ps3, or will it only show as and when i get a PS4?

Offline Late

« Reply #2530 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:05 AM »
Must give Civilisation at some point. I'm sure I used to play one of the Civ games, back in the day - but I've no idea which one. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.
I believe I have Civ 3, 4, and 5 in my Steam Library (I think 3 & 4 are complete editions, 5 is probably just the basic game without any dlc).

"Finished" Assassin's Creed Black Flag over the weekend. Completed the story, then went around picking up the collectibles I'd missed. Have only got about 700 gamerscore, though. There's one or two little insignificant bits I've not done on the single-player (kill someone in a certain way, that sort of thing) but most of the remaining achievements are for multiplayer. Haven't tried multiplayer, but I might give it a look. Need something to tide me over until Rayman next week, so it's AC multiplayer, COD, or Forza. Or put the 360 on. That backlog isn't getting any smaller. In fact it's getting slightly bigger, as I'm turning the machine on once a fortnight or so to download the latest free game.

EDIT: I got the Sid Meier bundle from here - one of the "Humble Bundle" sales. The offer's still on if anyone's interested (ends 18 Feb).
$1 (about £0.64) gets you Civ 3 and Civ 4, plus a couple of other games.
Pay a bit more and you get other stuff.

hukd
humblebundle
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:34:19 AM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #2531 on: February 10, 2014, 10:56:16 AM »
Yeah I saw the civ stuff in humblebundle.. I only want the DLC but $15 still seems a bit steep.. maybe I'm being tight as I cant find it cheaper elsewhere... I'll probably cave in soon and buy it though.. if they had Alpha Centauri & Pirates on the list.. I'd be all over it like a rash.

To me, Civ 4 is the ultimate civ, but it's shitty religion system really let it down, Civ 5 is great too, some of the enhancements are really great, but the AI does suck a bit, its just really stupid and dumb sometimes and some of the things it does just don't make much sense... but it is still the computer game equivalent of heroin.. so hard to put down.... 15 minutes turns into 45 minutes and yesterday I was playing for 4 hours thinking I'd only been on for an hour or so....  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2532 on: February 10, 2014, 12:00:44 PM »
I hear the "Brave New World" dlc is supposed to be fantastic, but I didn't fancy paying $15. Most of my Steam purchases will probably never get paid. I don't mind that so much if they're about 20p each, but I wouldn't want to pay over a tenner for something I won't play.
Also that DLC has been under £5 several times in recent months, and will be again.

Offline jman

« Reply #2533 on: February 10, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »
Fucking Ghandi declared war on me for some reason.. probably cos I'm giving the romans a good smack in the mouth.. and now every civ left followed suit and is at war with me.. I'm fucked!!  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2534 on: February 10, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »
Ignore my question above, ive just sorted it!

Harv, ive done it via their website, will it show on my ps3, or will it only show as and when i get a PS4?

No idea, think it might show on your PS3 but don't quote me on that! You'll see it listed on the web site so I'd assume it'll show up on the PS3 too. ;D