https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662764 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2535 on: February 11, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »
There's still no release date, but Watch Dogs has now been confirmed for next quarter (so April, May or June 2014) on all main platforms.
Ubi have quashed the rumours that the Wii U port has been scrapped - but have said it will be delayed. (No, Harv, that doesn't mean they're spending extra time polishing it to make it the definitive version!)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2536 on: February 11, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »
Yup, disappointing, but I can wait. The GamePad should make it the definitive version. Just annoying that by the time it's released for the Wii U it's probably going to be twice the price of the other versions given the rate that Ubisoft titles drop in price which isn't going to do the sales of it any good.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2537 on: February 11, 2014, 10:53:34 PM »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2538 on: February 11, 2014, 11:01:50 PM »
It's a game with gameplay centered around hacking electronic devices. The gameplay is practically made for the GamePad and its touchscreen. Don't know why you've posted your gif, what I've said is quite valid given the Wii U's controller. As long as there aren't serious performance issues the Wii U SKU should be the definitive version.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2539 on: February 11, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »
It's a game with gameplay centered around hacking electronic devices. The gameplay is practically made for the GamePad and its touchscreen. Don't know why you've posted your gif, what I've said is quite valid given the Wii U's controller. As long as there aren't serious performance issues the Wii U SKU should be the definitive version.
The Gamepad is a gimmick that nobody is interested in, the U is a dying novelty console with no support. As a consequence Ubisoft have clearly decided to focus on the decent consoles, and put the U version on the back burner.
It was inevitable that you'd see the clear negatives as positives, though. You've got form...

Yeah I saw the civ stuff in humblebundle.. I only want the DLC but $15 still seems a bit steep.. maybe I'm being tight as I cant find it cheaper elsewhere... I'll probably cave in soon and buy it though.. if they had Alpha Centauri & Pirates on the list.. I'd be all over it like a rash.

To me, Civ 4 is the ultimate civ, but it's shitty religion system really let it down, Civ 5 is great too, some of the enhancements are really great, but the AI does suck a bit, its just really stupid and dumb sometimes and some of the things it does just don't make much sense... but it is still the computer game equivalent of heroin.. so hard to put down.... 15 minutes turns into 45 minutes and yesterday I was playing for 4 hours thinking I'd only been on for an hour or so....  ;D

A few new bits were added to the middle bundle today (currently about £5.70):
Pirates, plus a couple of DLC packs for Civ V.
www.humblebundle.com
Cracking purchase for folk who don't already have any/many of those games already.

Offline harv

« Reply #2540 on: February 12, 2014, 12:27:26 AM »
I haven't seen clear negatives as positives at all. I've even stated that I'm disappointed with the delay. You were the one that mentioned the delay being a positive thing. Think you're getting your post confused with mine lol ;D

It could be released tomorrow or could be released next year, it's going to be the definitive version for the reason I've given as long as the GamePad's features have been implemented even half decently.

Offline Late

« Reply #2541 on: February 12, 2014, 01:50:27 AM »
If people want to use a second screen iOS and android would be options. Options nobody's interested in - so developers don't bother wasting the time implementing it.
I hope the U version is decent. The platform desperately needs good games.
Not that it'll help, mind. Nobody's going to rush out to buy a Nintendo console so they can play the "new" game - which they completed months earlier on their other console.

I know you're a retro fan though, so I'm sure you'll enjoy playing the game when it eventually comes out on the Wii.
Don't worry about it being expensive. It's the Wii U were talking about, here. There are no expensive games.

Offline harv

« Reply #2542 on: February 12, 2014, 02:31:38 AM »
The Wii U, the PS4 and the One have all had expensive cross-gen games. It's publishers being greedy bastards, happens every gen. And by the time the Wii U version launches - even if it's a matter of just a few weeks delay - it's going to be more expensive than the other versions. Ubisoft are basically releasing it to die. :(

Offline jman

« Reply #2543 on: February 12, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
A few new bits were added to the middle bundle today (currently about £5.70):
Pirates, plus a couple of DLC packs for Civ V.
www.humblebundle.com
Cracking purchase for folk who don't already have any/many of those games already.

I'm glad I held off.. but I'm gonna have to buy it now aren't I lol

Offline Late

« Reply #2544 on: February 12, 2014, 12:35:31 PM »
I had only bought the lowest tier, but upped it to the middle tier last night.

Offline harv

« Reply #2545 on: February 13, 2014, 07:48:38 PM »
There's a Nintendo Direct at 10pm. It's much later than usual and is 41 minutes long which is 11 minutes longer than average. I'm doing my best not to get hyped but Nintendo Directs have revealed Megatons in the past!!! :o :P

I'm hoping for a 3DS Majora's Mask remake, news of Bayonetta 1 coming to the Wii U, an extended trailer and release date for Bayonetta 2 and X and news that Retro is working on another Metroid FPA.

I'm probably going to be disappointed lol ;D :-[ ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2546 on: February 13, 2014, 11:41:49 PM »
Yup, disappointed lol. Nintendo know that they need something to save the Wii U. So I'm thinking more HD remakes like Wind Waker. Bayonetta 1. Metroid FPA. Something with a bit of Megatonage.

What do we get..? Most of the Direct was stuff for the 3DS and the thing they decide is going to save the Wii U..? NES Remix 2. Lmfao. You couldn't make it up lololol ;D ;D ;D

New trailers and gameplay from Donkey Kong, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2 and X which I was expecting as was impressive but NES Remix 2..? Really..? Time for Iwata to go I think. :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #2547 on: February 14, 2014, 08:00:10 AM »
Time for a new console yet harv?  ;D

Missus got me Ryse to play as a bit of a v-days prezzie... it got totally slaughtered in reviews, so I'm not expecting the best of games.. but it should look stunning at least  ;D  I'll probably make sure I finish it in time for Rayman next week.

Offline Late

« Reply #2548 on: February 14, 2014, 10:05:02 AM »

Offline harv

« Reply #2549 on: February 14, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »
Lol, not time for a new console yet. Am getting my PS4 in January next year. Still happy with my Wii U and still have a backlog of games to play. It's just frustrating that Nintendo appear to be not bothered about the console. The 3DS is getting plenty of love though.

It only took them a matter of months to develop Wind Waker HD from start to finish so I can't see why they didn't have a few more lined up to fill in the gaps. Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, F-Zero and Eternal Darkness would have been great examples to plough through their conversion software. As things stand at the moment we've got Donkey Kong on the 21st and nothing until Mario Kart 8 in May. It just makes absolutely no sense at all. :-\ ???