https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663011 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2550 on: February 14, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »
Day Z might be coming to xbox One (as well as State of Decay 2).
Fantastic news if true :D

totalxbox.com
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2551 on: February 15, 2014, 01:30:08 AM »
HD footage of Bayonetta 2 at 60fps without the usual YouTube artifacts. Looking VERY nice indeedy 8)

Voice acting is fucking awful though, am hoping that Platinum Games are going to give us the option of Japanese audio and English subtitles. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2552 on: February 17, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »
So I already finished Ryse.. took about 7 hours overall to finish.. so quite a short game.. but I think I will definitely replay it on the hardest difficulty.. the best part of the game for me was the story, it is really strong and the setting is great.. as a historical game, it throws away pretty much all fact.. but it's originality is brilliant.  The 2nd best part are the graphics, they are immense... everything looks pretty amazing and realistic, even down to Basillius' (Nero's fictional son) facial expressions - you could tell he was a cunt from when you first saw him lol.

The weakest point of the game, you begin to realise at the end of chapter 1, when you've already done 80-90% of everything the game offers.  The combat is good, not great.. but good.. not as fluid as batman nor are they that many moves, but the executions are great, although they start to get a bit repetitive after 5 or 6 more chapters.  If this game threw up some more variety and different set-pieces, it'd easily be a 80+ rated game - I'd probably rate it as a solid 70 though.

Saying that, I'm pretty certain I'll give it another run through as its a relatively short game and will probably try out the multiplayer too.  I wouldn't recommend going to buy it straight away, but when the price dips it'll probably be worth picking it up at £10-£20 as a distraction.

Offline Late

« Reply #2553 on: February 18, 2014, 08:57:41 PM »
Blimey. Ken Levine has just announced he's winding up Irrational Games and walking away from BioShock.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2554 on: February 19, 2014, 11:40:35 AM »
South Park : Stick of Truth is out on 7th March, PS3,360,PC - debating whether to bother getting it now seeing as

a) I'd have to get it on the 360/PC
b) It's due out a week before Titanfall
c) It's going to cost full price - and cant find any deals (for the preferred 360 version)
d) I've only recently got Ryse and Rayman is on it's way.

But I have been waiting for this game for an age now, it looks great and funny as fuck too.

Offline Late

« Reply #2555 on: February 19, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »
My copy of Rayman arrived yesterday. I installed it, but haven't tried it yet. Played a bit of Titanfall last night - make the most of the demo before it disappears - but fell asleep pretty early.

Stick of Truth looks good fun, but I'm in the same position as you. I'll just be too busy with other games in the next couple of months to give it a look. Rayman, Thief, and Titanfall should keep me busy for a long while - and I also have COD and Forza to fall back on, neither of which has been given anywhere near as much time as they deserve. Not to mention the backlog of 360 games.
And don't get me started on Steam. I've properly played about 3 games, and have had a little look at about 10 others. But there's about 150 games in my library now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2556 on: February 19, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
I'm expecting Rayman tonight.. will probably do the same as you.. probably wont play it until the weekend though as I want to get through a bit of Ryse on legendary first.. and because I'm busy for most of the week now.  Played about an hour extra of Titanfall last night.. total game time was just under 6hrs... got a bit bored of the same two maps after a while to be honest... I hope there are a lot of maps.. and a lot more weaponry too.. and I hope users will be able to vote on maps.

I think if you can stand the temptation, wait for Stick of Truth to fall in price.. it should fall fairly quickly due to it not being on next gen.. I don't think I can do that though.. open-world RPGs are one of my favourites.. and south park to boot.. it should be ideal for me.

Offline harv

« Reply #2557 on: February 19, 2014, 01:37:08 PM »
Rayman Legends is awesome, loads of content including Origins levels and daily and weekly challenges which are great fun. If you liked Origins you'll love Legends.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2558 on: February 19, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »
Think the last Rayman game I played was Rayman 2 back in the day, I think we got it free with a pc we bought (which had Windows ME) on it.. it was probably the best thing about having that pc lol.

Offline jman

« Reply #2559 on: February 20, 2014, 09:09:40 PM »
So I played about 30 minutes of rayman tonight, what's up with the lack of story?  The game just chucks you in, no explanations to why/what your doing, I still don't understand the point of what I'm supposed to be doing other than going through a level and collecting things. 

I wasted about 20 minutes trying to start level 2, don't know what happened, but I wasn't connected to live, and all my paintings were locked, eventually had to restart the Xbox one, then connect to live and the paintings became unlocked.. but it wasn't obvious they were locked, absolutely zero explanation as to what I was supposed to do just compounded the issue and pissed me off  :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #2560 on: February 21, 2014, 01:01:45 AM »
Yeah, it's all a bit random.
Started it today too. Have played the first 3 or 4 levels - but did each several times over to pick everything up.
Wasn't really feeling it, but I'm sure I'll get more into it when I've played a bit more, and it'll tide me over until Thief next week.

Offline Late

« Reply #2561 on: February 21, 2014, 03:34:55 PM »
I hear the "Brave New World" dlc is supposed to be fantastic, but I didn't fancy paying $15. Most of my Steam purchases will probably never get played. I don't mind that so much if they're about 20p each, but I wouldn't want to pay over a tenner for something I won't play.
Also that DLC has been under £5 several times in recent months, and will be again.

Civ 5's "Brave New World" DLC is currently £4.99 at gamersgate if you're interested, Kieron.
hukd

Offline larry

« Reply #2562 on: February 22, 2014, 08:45:57 AM »
Just finished DMC Devil May Cry. I wasn't really expecting much, but really enjoyed it! So much so that ill have to keep alook out for a cheap copy of the HD collection of the older titles that i haven't played as yet.

Yet another good game that ive had from PS+  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2563 on: February 22, 2014, 12:09:37 PM »
 ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2564 on: February 22, 2014, 08:26:58 PM »
Getting into Rayman a bit more now. It's not one of those games you rush to turn on as soon as you walk in the house, but it's fun enough. The daily challenges add something - is always nice to have someone on your friends list to shape up against.