https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662655 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2565 on: February 22, 2014, 10:44:33 PM »
It's a half decent distraction game, gets a bit boring over long periods though, I only played it today because I couldn't be arsed to change discs, I do like the music levels though

Offline jman

« Reply #2566 on: February 24, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »
Getting into Rayman a bit more now. It's not one of those games you rush to turn on as soon as you walk in the house, but it's fun enough. The daily challenges add something - is always nice to have someone on your friends list to shape up against.

Yeah, its not bad beating your scores each day  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2567 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:06 PM »
Pfft. Winning is for losers.

Damn but that argument is rock solid.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2568 on: February 25, 2014, 07:46:11 AM »
I nearly got into the pink zone (ooh-err) on yesterdays challenge.. couldn't of been far away at all.. but my thumbs started aching, so I couldn't be arsed to go any further.. only about 100m off the top ten though...

Have to say, some of the levels in Rayman are brilliant, the first two.. meh.. but the Mexican Fiesta one was excellent.. and the first level on the undersea one where the fishes sing to you - bloody brilliant lol.  Still I think it would be far better if there was some story to actually play along too... its just missing that bit of cohesion to bring everything together.  Whilst I appreciate that the main hub is very simplistic and therefore easy to navigate and quick to get around.. it just seems quite basic and without a story, just makes the whole experience feel more like a load of levels to play through instead of a game.

Offline Late

« Reply #2569 on: February 25, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »
I'm some way behind. You mentioned the music levels last week - I finally got to the first one of those on Sunday. (Wo-oah Black Betty, bammalam - awesome :D )
It's taking me a while because I've been 100%ing every level, but we're getting close to Thief's release so I need to pick up the pace a bit. I walked away from a level last night where I didn't get 600 of the yellow blob things! I know - I'm a disappointment to myself, my family, my town, and the gaming community in general. :( 

I think I completed the third area (Mexican) last night. Haven't looked at any of the "Legends" levels yet. I have gone back and done every invasion level as it's been unlocked though.
There's definitely enough to keep completionists busy for quite some time (as is usually the way with Rayman games tbh).
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2570 on: February 25, 2014, 09:42:23 AM »
Don't think you are too far behind if you've just completed the 3rd level.. I'm only half way through the 4th and haven't 100%'ed them all.. (only the first level).  I've done 1 legend level.. it was meh.. Think I have around 200 teensies and just passed 100k lums.  Considering there are 700 teensies to collect.. there's loads left to do - certainly worth the value!!

The invasion levels get progressively harder.. I was at least 3-4 seconds out on a 40s time (its a desert one) - I find those levels more irritating than anything because they require perfection to beat.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:48:23 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2571 on: February 25, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »
Have been alright with all the Invasion ones so far. Most frustrating level so far for me was the Mexican "Eye of the Tiger" musical level. I could not get my bloody timing right on that one for some reason. (Made it in the end. With all three of the little blue chaps, of course. ;) )

Oddly, it sounds like we're at about the same point in teensies count, give or take (I think I have about 65-75 each in areas 1-3, and there's probably been a couple of others from scratch cards and whatnot); but I think I'm only on about 50k of the little yellow things.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:00:29 PM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #2572 on: February 25, 2014, 11:52:47 AM »
PvZ Garden Warfare is out today.. so disappointed they made a multiplayer only FPS instead of a tower defence game  :(  Would of been a day1 purchase for me.. as it is.. no thanks.. I reckon it would of done well on the Wii U though since that has zero decent FPS games on it and this is fairly family friendly... but then its third party.. it will never appear on the Wii U

Offline harv

« Reply #2573 on: February 25, 2014, 05:20:24 PM »
Bah! Ubisoft have censored parts of The Stick Of Truth. >:(

Not sure whether to boycott it or just import it from the States. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2574 on: February 25, 2014, 07:44:50 PM »
That's ridiculous  >:(

Don't know if you've tried the compare games feature through the xb1 late, it's a little more powerful than on the 360, apparently you are 27% through rayman in 9 hours, I'm 34% through in 7 hours  8)

Offline Late

« Reply #2575 on: February 25, 2014, 08:54:20 PM »
Aye. You didn't fall asleep playing it did you...  ;)

Tbh I'm not sure if that time was counted.

Offline harv

« Reply #2576 on: February 25, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »
I'm REALLY pissed off with censorship in video games tbh. If some content is fine on the big screen or DVDs/Blu-Rays it should be fine in a video game with the same classification certificate. Manhunt 2 last gen was one of the best games released last generation when played the way it was supposed to be played but was completely ruined by the BBFC and ESRB.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2577 on: February 25, 2014, 09:50:59 PM »
[http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/namco-bandai-targets-sega-hq-with-pac-man-pr-stunt-security-shuts-it-down/0128679]Lmfao, awesome lololol[/url]

Offline harv

« Reply #2578 on: February 25, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »
Aw bollocks >:(

You'll have to copy and paste it lol

Offline Late

« Reply #2579 on: February 27, 2014, 01:23:19 PM »
No word on March's "Games with Gold" on xbox, yet, but there's rumours it'll be Arkham Asylum (2009) and Ninja Gaiden 2 (2008).

Meh. Free's free, so I'll take them. I maintain they're falling a long way short of Sony's efforts, there (ps+ currently includes Outlast, Bioshock Infinte, XCOM, Borderlands 2, and Uncharted 3, amongst other games. Most of those are of course AAA titles from 2012/2013).

We get some decent games but we're generally looking at two decent games from five years ago (or one decent game from five years ago and one pretty rubbish arcade title from a year or two ago) versus half a dozen great games from one or two years ago.