https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662807 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2580 on: February 27, 2014, 04:05:10 PM »
Yup, the latest is Remember Me if you have a US account with PlayStation Plus.

Have Microsoft started to give away any Xbox One games yet..? We haven't seen any retail PS4 games yet but there's been a couple of indie games that have been made available.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2581 on: February 27, 2014, 04:29:22 PM »
No, they've said it'll be in 2014 but I doubt it'll be in the first half of the year.
I'm not a betting man but I'd put a decent wedge on Ryse being one they give away in the first few months.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2582 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:52 AM »
The PSN store sales are actually good at the moment.

I got all the Battlefield DLC (£19.99), all the Borderlands 2 DLC (£14.59) and Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC (£3.99) for under £40 collectively.

Really good value.

Offline jman

« Reply #2583 on: February 28, 2014, 10:13:43 AM »
No, they've said it'll be in 2014 but I doubt it'll be in the first half of the year.
I'm not a betting man but I'd put a decent wedge on Ryse being one they give away in the first few months.

I'd take that bet any day of the week.. think you're being VERY optimistic there mate...

I'd go along the lines of something like Crimson Dragon or Powerstar Golf instead...both of which I'd be quite happy with as a first offering... I doubt you'll get a full retail game this year.

Offline Late

« Reply #2584 on: February 28, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
Ryse should never have been a full retail game.
Fair call on the games you mentioned, though.

Mind you, if they're too give away one game a month from the marketplace they'll run out after about 5 months anyway ;)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2585 on: February 28, 2014, 12:27:31 PM »
Well I can't see there will be anything until after E3.. I'd go even further.. September/October if I had to hazard a guess, by then, there should be a load more games available.

1 month until Titanfall today  8)

Edit : Scratch that.. 1 month until the 360 version drops.. 2 weeks until the xb1 version drops  ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:29:19 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2586 on: February 28, 2014, 12:53:32 PM »
Tempted to switch my region to USA so I can get it three days sooner.
Probably won't bother, as I'd need to buy some USA credit rather than use the UK credit I have, but the temptation's there. When we get the game the servers will be full of people with upgraded weapons etc. Especially if I need to spend about ten hours downloading the bugger. Digital, eh - it's the future.

Offline harv

« Reply #2587 on: February 28, 2014, 01:37:51 PM »
You'll be better off going for the US SKU, will work out cheaper. But I thought the One was region locked..? Or did they do a U-turn on that when they changed the DRM situation..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2588 on: February 28, 2014, 04:12:13 PM »
They did indeed.

I'm guessing the Uk SKU will be about £55 and the US about £40 so there's definitely good reason to go US - but I have about £125 of Uk credit and it's non-transferable.

Offline harv

« Reply #2589 on: February 28, 2014, 10:41:05 PM »
Just did a quick Google search on it yesterday and there's reports a few days back saying that digital purchases and DLC are region locked. A bit weird though because FIFA 14 is fine apparently...maybe it's up to the publisher. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #2590 on: March 01, 2014, 03:49:18 AM »
No word on March's "Games with Gold" on xbox, yet, but there's rumours it'll be Arkham Asylum (2009) and Ninja Gaiden 2 (2008)...
The thing with rumours is they're often bollocks...

March Games With Gold:
“Civilization Revolution” (2008) and “Dungeon Defenders” (2011).
Xbox.com

Offline harv

« Reply #2591 on: March 01, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »
Lol, they might as well not give anything away. :o

Mind you, having decent games being given away with PS+ isn't doing the industry a lot of good. I haven't bought Tomb Raider because I'm expecting to get it from PS+ at some point. Same with Bioshock Infinite which I got not so long ago.

Offline Late

« Reply #2592 on: March 01, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »
Tomb Raider was announced for March PS+ a few days ago.

Offline harv

« Reply #2593 on: March 01, 2014, 11:47:44 PM »
Really..? :o That was a bit quick!!!

Hopefully it's going to come to the US version of PS+ ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2594 on: March 03, 2014, 07:46:24 AM »
Done one playthrough of all the levels in rayman.. on 676 teensies, so 24 to go... but also have a few levels I didn't get the gold cup on.. the Origins levels are a bit shit to be honest, got bored of them fairly quickly.. Nowhere near 1m lums.. am only under 400k at the moment.. I think that's going to be an absolute arse achievement to get...

There's also one invasion level giving me a bit of jip.. its a dark rayman one.. the one where you go through the room maze - seems impossible at the moment.. there are 2 other ones I found hard.. but I have completed them.