https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662733 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2595 on: March 03, 2014, 07:07:54 PM »
Still a bit behind you. I've just now finished the Origins levels, and am on 653/700 blues and 414,810 yellows. Best thing about the Origins levels is the music on the undersea levels. Cracks me up every time I hear it. :D

Not terribly impressed with Thief. It's okay enough but is definitely a poor relation of Dishonored - the master had become the apprentice.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:23:28 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2596 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:08 AM »
Aye your definitely behind me now as I finished it off last night  :P  Plus, it took me a while but I beat your cracking time on the daily challenge lol.

Got a few gold medals to still do.. but all the blues are done.  You get an extra 150k when you finish.. so I'm now on about 650k yellows.. still a way off 1m..

That invasion level was a bitch but I finally did it with about 0:05 left on the clock.. if you're having trouble.. you can save time in the room where you have to fly to hit the switch - you have to snake between the bombs.. and also the last room you have to arse-smash the switch to fly up quicker to the exit.

Offline Late

« Reply #2597 on: March 04, 2014, 10:11:47 AM »
I think I've done that one, but one of the other dark rayman invasion levels is giving me grief. Was trying for ages and finally managed to get a bronze. Nowhere near the gold. Not sure what world it was, but you have to kill a half dozen frog things in four rooms (the exit to each room only opening when you've killed them all).
I quite enjoy most of the Invasion levels, but the ones with the dark rayman following you aren't fun - they're a chore.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2598 on: March 04, 2014, 10:54:21 AM »
Yeah.. I got stuck on that one for a while too.. you have to learn the pattern to kill the frogs.. its an arse.

From memory you want to be doing the 1st room in 10-11s.. the 2nd room you should have done in 20s total.. the 3rd room around 28s which will leave you with enough time to do the fourth room.

If you need some more tips, I can memorise most of the pattern I used.. but feel free not to read on if you want to do it yourself...

So as soon as you jump the first pipe, kung-fu kick the stilt frog which also kills the second frog.. run up plant, kill third frog, wall jump backwards, kill falling fourth frog, slam on the fifth (stilted) frog.. that should kill the other one too.. exit room.

Run left, kill frog, wall jump backwards until new frogs appear, slam on bones to kill 2nd frog, from the resulting slam, you'll bounce upwards, with that bounce kill 3rd frog.. jump on hook, kill big dude.. wall jump backwards to end wall, slam down, on the bounce upwards, kill 4th frog, should push it into 5th frog.. exit room.

Hit right stilted frog first, (you only have to knock him down - don't have to kill him - he'll die before you leave the room).. then kill 2nd frog on right, wall jump backwards to ropes, bounce on third frog (the other (normal) stilted frog), kung-fu kick the 4th frog and slam on the 5th frog, exit room.

This is where my memory gets a bit hazy.. but kill 1st frog, wall jump backwards.. get onto rope going left and kill 2nd frog - get back onto the rope going right, kill 3rd frog, get back onto rope going left kill 1st big dude, you must wall jump now otherwise shadow rayman will catch you.. back onto the rope, kill 2nd big dude, then wall jump up to the teensies.. you'll need to do 3 wall jumps quickly.. 2 wall jumps aren't enough to make it to the platform.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:56:01 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2599 on: March 04, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »
Yeah, I think that's pretty much how I was doing it, first three rooms. I can't even picture the fourth in my head now. I probably just need to fine-tune my timing. Will probably leave it until last. Was playing for a while last night and cleared up a few more blues then fell asleep.

Annoyed you beat my daily challenge yesterday, btw  :P - took me bloody ages to get that! It was fairly early on the morning (had the day off) so I figured it was my best change to get into the Platinum times, even though I'd likely slip to Gold by the end of the day. Have never been Platinum before - and that still hasn't changed. I was bloody close but not quite there. (I'm guessing the one above gold is platinum, but that's just a guess. I didn't think platinum was pink, mind. Ah. Just checked and it seems it's Diamond. Whatever.)

Offline jman

« Reply #2600 on: March 04, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
I think the .. "how far can you go" challenges are the best ones to get diamond on.. it would take a while, but if you've got a good memory then its easier than the dropping ones which require absolute perfection... I was only a few hundred meters off one diamond medal.. my fingers & thumbs started hurting though so I just gave up..

.. it took me ages to beat your time.. well ok.. about 30 minutes.. you did most things perfect except the rings and the 2nd wind part - so as long as I could keep up with you up until the rings, I knew I could beat it... but I was still about a second short of a diamond medal myself.. there's no achievement for one.. so I'm not too fussed.. there is an achievement for beating 30 friends times though ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #2601 on: March 04, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »
I have ghosts turned off. I can see the appeal of them, but I just end up getting confused as to which one is me!  ;D
Alzheimers is probably setting in.

Offline Late

« Reply #2602 on: March 04, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »
Batman: Arkham Knight has been confirmed for 2014.

It's being made by Rocksteady so should be back to it's best rather than the slightly flawed sub-contractor job we got from WB-Montreal last year.
You can finally drive the Batmobile.
And Harley Quinn is looking damned fine, as usual.

Four minute trailer below.

youtube
gameinformer

Offline harv

« Reply #2603 on: March 04, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »
Hmmm...I think they're starting to milk the franchise a little now, will still buy it anyway though lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2604 on: March 05, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »
Finished the gold trophies on rayman off last night and mopped up the rest of the easy achievements.. cant 100% it until I buy a 2nd controller though which is a tad annoying.

Offline Late

« Reply #2605 on: March 05, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »
Hate it when they throw crap achievements in. What do you need a second controller for?

I got the one for beating a friend 30 times last night. I'd assumed you had to beat friends on 30 different levels so might take a while, but it turns out you can just get someone to post a poor time and then beat them over and over. The friend can then go back into the game and post a proper time. Did you get a chance to go back and post a proper time, Kieron? Thanks for the weak one you posted on the Daily Extreme challenge ;)
(Your time wasn't actually bad :p , but it was one of those freefall ones and I enjoy those - so I played it a lot looking for that elusive Diamond. Without joy. Though I was bloody close.)

I finally got past that Invasion level I was stuck on - with a little help from youtube :-[ . I was getting nowhere, but managed to scrape it in the end, so that's all the blues saved.
I think I have gold trophies on all levels but I'll have to recheck that tonight, along with picking up a few other achievements. (Suddenly after seven years I'm turning into an achievement hunter? Not sure what that's about. Probably a passing thing, while the game library is a bit light, to ensure I'm getting more value for money.) Had a couple of goes at the "Splinter Ray" achievement, where you have to get through the castle without breaking a laser beam or being spotted by the security lights, but kept making silly mistakes. Thought that was a bit more "Stealth Bastard" than "Splinter Cell", personally, but they probably thought "Splinter Ray" was a more suitable achievement name than "Ray Bastard Deluxe".

Offline jman

« Reply #2606 on: March 05, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »
You have to win a game of Kung-Foot.. which is local play only.. meaning you need two controllers to play it

Yeah I didn't spend too long with the Daily Extreme yesterday, long enough just to get a gold cup.. I spent too long doing the normal daily one.. which I bet you didn't beat...it was only a few hundred meters off a diamond when I finished with it..  unfortunately, people are hacking the daily challenges and racking up stupid times/distances meaning the top 1% you need to get in to get diamond can be impossible.  I don't believe for one second someone clocked up 4000 meters on the challenge yesterday.. yet that was the top score.

I noticed you could beat a friend on just one challenge 30 times.. and I would of done that one last night, but you hadn't clocked any times when I checked  ;)  I guess you could start a new game on a different profile, log a crap time and then beat it on your main profile.. too much hassle though.. I'll just wait until you post a time before I play :P

The last level of awesomeness achievement is a grinder by the way.. the only way to get more points towards it (after finishing the game with everything done) is to do the daily challenges.. and if you get 2 gold cups every day and 2 gold cups every week.. it'll still take about 12 weeks to complete... so I probably wont bother anyway.. nothing else will get a look-in for a while when Titanfall drops :D

Offline jman

« Reply #2607 on: March 05, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
Hmmm...I think they're starting to milk the franchise a little now, will still buy it anyway though lol ;D

You'll be buying a new console first then.. or getting the pc version  ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #2608 on: March 05, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »
Have lined you up for that achievement, Kieran. The extreme challenge will be the quicker option but I've had a crap run on both of today's challenges.

Offline harv

« Reply #2609 on: March 05, 2014, 02:32:54 PM »

You'll be buying a new console first then.. or getting the pc version  ;)

Yup, will be getting a PS4 next year, although it wouldn't surprise me if it's available via PlayStation Plus by that time.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever