https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662872 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2640 on: March 15, 2014, 07:02:27 AM »
Lmfao ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2641 on: March 16, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »
Fucking hell, that 3DS picture was taken after 3 days in rice. The 3DS was also on when it went into the machine. The guy put it in rice for another day and a half and the screen is pretty much sorted:

He said there's a tiny problem around one of the letter o's but it didn't show up in the photo. And the 3D still works too! :o

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline bealec

« Reply #2642 on: March 19, 2014, 07:32:34 PM »
They're making a new Oddworld game. May have to get finally go over to the dark side for that game.

Offline Late

« Reply #2643 on: March 20, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
Rumour has it we'll have two new Assassin's Creed games this year.

"Assassin's Creed 5: Unity" (on current gen) will be set primarily in France during the revolution, with a main character called "Arno" - and a revised parkour system.
No details of the other title, to be released on 360 and ps3 - though it might be called (or codenamed) Comet.
I'd imagine one or both of those will make it to pc.
The Wii U might get one of them, too, though Ubi seem a bit disenchanted with the platform lately.

kotaku
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2644 on: March 22, 2014, 01:02:31 AM »
Assassins Creed Unity has now been confirmed by Ubisoft.
Short teaser trailer below.

YouTube
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2645 on: March 23, 2014, 02:35:43 AM »
Aw ffs, got Lego Marvel in the post finally. Total disaster. Opened it up. No instructions. The case wasn't a proper Wii U case.

Okay, I can live with that. No big deal.

Put the fucker in and it tells me it's an invalid disc. It's a fucking NTSC disk for fucksake. >:(

Cunts. Now I'm going to have to post the fucker back to get a fucking refund I reckon, have sent them an email saying I'm going to take legal action if I have to pay to post it back. Bunch of wankers. >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #2646 on: March 23, 2014, 11:45:21 AM »
Where'd you buy it?

Offline harv

« Reply #2647 on: March 23, 2014, 11:50:11 AM »
Play.com, some outfit from Switzerland.

Offline Late

« Reply #2648 on: March 23, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »
And it said original pal on the listing?

Offline harv

« Reply #2649 on: March 23, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »
It didn't specify what region it was just said Lego Marvel Heroes Wii U (Wii U) and had the price in Pounds Sterling. I wasn't aware of the company being Swiss at the time but if I had been aware of that it would also be an indication of it being a PAL game. >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #2650 on: March 23, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
Got an email from them apologising and they've told me to include a receipt for the postage costs and they'll refund it. Wonder if they would have done the same thing if I hadn't threatened legal action..? ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2651 on: March 23, 2014, 08:50:54 PM »
Yes, I'm sure the threat of legal action swayed them.
The thought of someone in a foreign country paying £45 to take them to small claims court and then paying for international bailiffs to enforce judgement (assuming you got judgement in your favour) will have had them very worried.  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2652 on: March 24, 2014, 07:57:30 AM »
Harvs reaction when he found out the Xbox One was region locked ->

Aw ffs...Microsoft really have gone insane...they've now confirmed that the One isn't going to be region free. :o :-\ :o

Harvs reaction when he finds out the Wii U is region locked

Put the fucker in and it tells me it's an invalid disc. It's a fucking NTSC disk for fucksake. >:(

Cunts. Now I'm going to have to post the fucker back to get a fucking refund I reckon

Got to laugh  ;D ;D Especially since the Xbox One & PS4 are actually region free

Offline harv

« Reply #2653 on: March 24, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »
You expect Nintendo consoles to be region locked, you don't expect Microsoft consoles to be region locked. And it's only partially region free because Microsoft did a panicky U-turn. And the Xbox One isn't completely region free anyway. All DLC and downloadable titles are region locked apparently, so if you import a game from the States you're screwed if you want to buy any DLC for it. There was a big fuss about it a few weeks ago.

Got my Elder Scrolls Anthology today, a day earlier than expected. Difficult to believe that the first game was released in 1994 and that for its time the game was jaw dropping in terms of eye candy lol.

Offline harv

« Reply #2654 on: March 24, 2014, 02:45:04 PM »

Awesome sauce lol. Am surprised there aren't any mods for it though. Never mind, I like going old-school :P 8)

It's really difficult too to begin with if I remember correctly. :o