https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662678 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2700 on: April 18, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »
I've reached the point where you're happy if you get Silver, and don't exactly hate it if you get a Bronze.
And I'm not even on the Extreme difficulty levels yet.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2701 on: April 21, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
Real Madras are now in 177th place out of 1900 clubs in Europe in the online game. Not too bad. Really need to find more bonus combos for my training cards though. This game is VERY addictive, not as much of a football management sim as I first thought...it's more RPG than management sim and it works really well.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2702 on: April 22, 2014, 07:52:51 AM »
I've reached the point where you're happy if you get Silver, and don't exactly hate it if you get a Bronze.
And I'm not even on the Extreme difficulty levels yet.

I noticed your times getting progressively worse lol.. 400 try agains on that first extreme track I see  ;)

To be fair, I couldn't post a time on any further extreme tracks, some of those obstacles just seem impossible.

Offline harv

« Reply #2703 on: April 22, 2014, 09:50:34 AM »
A new Fatal Frame has been announced for the Wii U. Nice! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2704 on: April 22, 2014, 12:17:37 PM »
I noticed your times getting progressively worse lol.. 400 try agains on that first extreme track I see  ;)

To be fair, I couldn't post a time on any further extreme tracks, some of those obstacles just seem impossible.
Gave up after trying and failing the second extreme level - haven't looked at the others.
Am now doing some of the challenges.

Also still playing Rayman every day.I now have 5000 XP. Need 6k to get that final achievement, so that'll take me about ten more weeks I reckon.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2705 on: April 23, 2014, 03:29:57 PM »
Leaving PS Plus on 30th April:
Mercenary Kings (PS4)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
Hotline Miami (PS3/Vita)
MotoGP13 (PS3)

Entering PS Plus on 30th April:
Stick it to the Man (PS4)
Payday 2 (PS3)
Puppeteer (PS3)
Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
Everybody's Golf (Vita)

Offline Late

« Reply #2706 on: April 24, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »
Watchdogs multiplayer trailer.
Looks intriguing.
youtube

There's also this 1hour and 38 minute video. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I watched the first 30 mins, actually, and enjoyed most of it. It's lots of clips stitched together. First 15 mins or so is a walkthrough of some single-player action with a voiceover explaining stuff, but with another person jumping into the game at one point (then you jumping into their game for retaliation), next 6 mins or so is just some random gameplay with no commentary, then there's a 3 or 4 minute advert, and so on...
I had a quick look at later parts of the video and there's interviews and a fair bit of repetition of game clips.

Release date May 27.

Offline harv

« Reply #2707 on: April 24, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2708 on: April 26, 2014, 12:42:05 PM »
I bought the FIFA World Cup 2014 game for the PS3 the other day. It's pretty good, but very fast paced compared to FIFA 14, makes it difficult to adjust to at first, but every single team that competed in the World Cup qualifiers are present and fully licensed and the range of game modes is still extensive. Gonna be a bitch to Platinum though, gotta win the World Cup online with a half star team! Looking forward to the challenge though.

Been blasting through all the Battlefield 3 DLC recently aswell, the Premium pass went on sale for £20 last month so grabbed that straight away, just can't finish the last 2 packs because they have trophies that involve getting kills with jets which is borderline impossible unless you have a real RAF pilots license  ::)

So I moved onto Black Ops 1 DLC instead for the meantime, has a bunch of annoying zombies mode Easter Egg trophies that you need partners for, so just knocking out what I can do solo and worry about that afterwards, it's not an issue getting willing participants, just requires alot of forward planning and co-ordination.

I was gonna start something new aswell, and it was meant to be The Last of Us, but they've announced a Re-mastered edition for the PS4 in June so I'm gonna sell my copy and buy that instead. It's still sealed so should fetch a bit extra, GAME are only willing to give me £9 for it (£13 in store credit) the tight bastards, and eBay will easily give me £20 for a sealed copy.

Might start Hitman Absolution or Metal Gear Solid : Vengeance instead.

Offline harv

« Reply #2709 on: April 26, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »
The Last Of Us is excellent, hope they haven't fixed that amusing bug I found where the two NPCs you're with at the beginning disappear. Couldn't reproduce it either which was annoying lol. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2710 on: April 28, 2014, 12:21:21 PM »
Anyone used Gameseek before.. best price for Wolfenstein - £37.75

Interested in the Doom Beta that comes with the preorder aswell.. didn't even realise Doom 4 was coming out anytime soon  :o

Offline harv

« Reply #2711 on: April 28, 2014, 01:19:10 PM »
Doom 4..? Where the fuck has that appeared from..?!!?!?

Offline Late

« Reply #2712 on: April 28, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »
Doom 4's been in development hell for a long long time. About a year ago they announced they were binning everything they've done so far and starting afresh, and then John Carmack threw id Tech into turmoil by jumping ship (he went over to Oculus Rift).

I've never used gameseek but I'm sure they're perfectly fine. They've been around for ages, and the only negative stuff I've seen on them was when they mispriced a preorder game a year or so back then cancelled all orders and everyone got their panties in a twist.

Offline Late

« Reply #2713 on: April 28, 2014, 03:33:59 PM »
Speaking of Oculus Rift...
link

Offline harv

« Reply #2714 on: April 28, 2014, 04:00:50 PM »
Omfg, lmfao ;D ;D ;D

That's getting sent to a few people lololol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D