https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663016 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2715 on: April 29, 2014, 12:11:21 PM »
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (multiplayer game) is currently available for free on pc, from splashdamage.
Haven't heard of the instalment, personally, but it got very good reviews when it came out - back in '03.

splashdamage
metacritic
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2716 on: April 29, 2014, 04:05:40 PM »
Nintendo have announced they're not really doing E3 this year.
Baffling.
As last year, they'll be doing their own Nintendo Direct presentations around the same time as E3. Unfortunately the mass press cover most of the big stuff at E3 but didn't report much of Nintendo's plans (such as they were) last year, and I doubt that's set to change much this year.
EDIT - to clarify, they've said they'll have a booth at E3, so they'll have some presence there - but they'll be doing their main presentations elsewhere.

DriveClub (ps4) has finally been given a release date - of October 2014. Only a one year delay, then ;)

I finally got round to installing the beta SkyHD OneGuide over the weekend. (I registered for betas a couple of weeks back, and I think the OneGuide has been ready for me to install for over a week, but I've been busy.)
From the little I've used of it it's pretty decent. As with most Kinnect voice control things, it's not really giving you anything new other than the voice control, but that's fine by me - it's still pretty cool to switch channels using your voice. (I currently prefer the normal Sky on-screen-guide, but if the remote's more than two foot away I can save expending a calorie or two now.)
Needs a few tweaks, mind. I'm only on a cheap Sky package, so I get some HD channels but not all - and if I tell my xbox to "watch Sky One" it seems to have a fifty-fifty chance of whether it goes to Sky One or it goes to Sky One HD (which means just a blue screen with a message to upgrade). Would also be nice to be able to say "watch Sky Sports News" instead of having to say "watch Sky Sports News HD UK". I'm sure those niggling things will be fixed before the proper release, though (and in fact there might be a way to fix it already - I've not looked at it in too much depth tbh).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:46:26 AM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2717 on: April 29, 2014, 05:37:07 PM »
Very odd. I can understand last year because the PS4 and One would have overshadowed anything that Nintendo had at the time but you would have thought they would have something this year...although the Nintendo Treehouse could be very interesting.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2718 on: April 30, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »
I've never used gameseek but I'm sure they're perfectly fine. They've been around for ages, and the only negative stuff I've seen on them was when they mispriced a preorder game a year or so back then cancelled all orders and everyone got their panties in a twist.

Gone with them - you pay on order but £37.75 is not a bad price for a new game.. they have the release date down as the 23rd (when its actually the 20th) but hopefully they will be ok.  Cant believe most retailers are still selling next-gen games at RRP of £50 though  :-\

Edit : Really hyped for the beta of Doom 4.. nobody knows what the fuck to expect..  ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:03:10 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2719 on: April 30, 2014, 03:23:36 PM »
Buying Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U?
Register it with Nintendo online before the end of July and they'll give you another game free. You can pick one from the following ten games:

Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Wii Party U
The Wonderful 101 *
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate *

*Must be aged over 12 to get w101 or mh3

Not bad. Not bad at all, Nintendo.
The Mario Kart bundle is available at Tesco for a shade under £200, which isn't looking too bad when you consider you're getting the console plus MK plus one of the above games.

Offline jman

« Reply #2720 on: April 30, 2014, 03:48:38 PM »
*Must be aged over 12 to get w101 or mh3

That rules out half their audience then  ;D

Not a bad deal but the console is still a stinker.. if the bundle was sub £100 - I might contemplate getting one - that's all its worth.

Offline Late

« Reply #2721 on: April 30, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
I've been thinking that for most of the last two years, but as a second console I'd be happy paying £100 for the console - so £200 including two of it's top games it's looking a decent proposition.

(That said, I couldn't get it if it were £50, with the current state of my finances!)

Offline harv

« Reply #2722 on: April 30, 2014, 04:56:24 PM »
Definitely a great deal, the free game also goes if you buy and register the game only too.

They also have a similar deal for the bundle in the States but less games to choose from but you also get a remote+ and wheel included too for $329.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2723 on: April 30, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »
Just watching the Mario Kart 8 Nintendo Direct. It really is looking amazing.

Just seen that most of the music was recorded live. Sounds great :o ;D

Can't believe how many polys this game is pushing, it's fucking ridiculous lol.

They've also addressed the Blue Shell problem by toning its effect down and by giving players a Horn item which can be used to defend against other items.

They also have this thing called Mario TV which allows you to save videos of races and upload them to YouTube. Nintendo have finally joined the 21st Century lol :o ;D :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2724 on: May 01, 2014, 11:34:26 AM »
Microsoft's "Games With Gold" for May:

Dust: An Elysian Tail (first half month)
Saints Row The Third (second half month)

Decent. I've heard good things about Dust, but I don't think I have it (it's possible I have it on xbox or steam).
SR3 was okay fun (though not as good as SR2 imo).

They're still not coming remotely close to competing with Sony, on the free games thing, but I'm sure I'll download one or both of those. And then never play them. Like pretty much every single GWG they've given us to date.

Offline Late

« Reply #2725 on: May 02, 2014, 09:58:45 AM »
Call of Duty trailer.

That's actually looking good, from the little we see, there.
I love Kevin Spacey (not that I'll see much of him, as I play COD for the multiplayer, not the story) and the near-future tech all looks good - as does the hint at a more parkour-influenced movement. Definitely reminds me of Titanfall, tbh.

Offline jman

« Reply #2726 on: May 02, 2014, 03:24:54 PM »
Looks more like Duncan Bannatyne than Kevin Spacey - I see graphics have taken a back seat again  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2727 on: May 05, 2014, 02:13:42 PM »
Woo hoo!!!

Real Madras have just won the Advanced League! 8)

Played 20, Won 14, Drawn 2, Lost 4, Goals For 49, Goals Against 21.

Not bad for my third season in charge. First season won the Mickey Mouse League, second season stayed up in the Advanced League and third season won it.

I'm thinking about applying for the United job lol :P ;D 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #2728 on: May 05, 2014, 04:48:29 PM »
Just had a look at my Activity Log on my 3DS and I've spent 36 hours and 25 minutes playing it so far, and I only bought it on the 17th April :o

Only found 22/125 training card combos so far but I've discovered them myself and haven't looked them up online. It's a real interesting take on a football management game, it's more of an RPG than a simulation. Tactics take a second seat to your players' skills. You basically have formations, three different styles of play - attacking, balanced and defending, you control the positions of your defensive, midfield and forward lines and can man mark up to two players of your opposition. And that's it. The tactics are very bare bones.

It's all in the individual players and unlocking skills for them. If you want you wingers to bomb down the wing, your full backs to overlap with your wingers or your central midfielders to shoot well from distance then you need to unlock those skills with training card combos. It's really well done.

Just unlocked a goalie combo that enables him to come out with confidence and claim the ball at great speed which has been VERY useful and earnt me a good few points during this season. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #2729 on: May 05, 2014, 04:52:09 PM »
European Ranking Rank 400 (previously 522) / 4410 clubs
Country Ranking Rank 65 (previously 91) / 822 clubs

There's my latest European and UK rankings 8)