https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662697 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2760 on: May 22, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »
The graphics on Watch_Dogs seem to be getting worse each time they bring out a new trailer:
youtube
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2761 on: May 22, 2014, 04:25:30 PM »
Yup, and Zenimax aren't too far from financial dire straits either. This could end up finishing them.

I can't see them having a hope in hell of winning their case, you don't spend $2bn without doing due diligence. They're probably hoping that Oculus are going to settle out of court just so that things aren't held up by the case.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2762 on: May 27, 2014, 09:03:47 AM »
Finished Wolfy over the weekend.. the storyline gets a bit nuts when you have to go into outer space.. (there's Nazi's on the moon)... and that whole chapter is probably the weakest chapter too... but overall I was impressed with the game... the only disappointing parts to the game is the AI is pretty terrible and that it's not long enough to warrant a single player only type game.

I started my second playthrough on Uber difficultly and about half way through that.. and going to unlock every single perk this time (only a few left at the moment) finish the game - then I will play through the relevant chapters again to pick up any collectibles I missed.  Going to do it old-school, so not using a guide and also not looking for hints when cracking the enigma codes.. I cracked one yesterday - took a while but there's 4 in total.  Doing all that will 100% the game too..

Will probably sell it after that, don't see the point in keeping the game if I'll never play it again and will fund another game purchase, depends whats out I guess.

Offline Late

« Reply #2763 on: May 27, 2014, 10:07:41 AM »
I don't do pc games (my pc is ancient, and I get confused by them) and I usually limit my piracy to tv/film, but I downloaded South Park The Stick of Truth a few days ago. Didn't expect it to work on my computer, but it's working just fine (apart from a minor problem with some cut scenes - and it seems that's happening to some people with legit copies on powerful gaming rigs).

Great game. I've spent most of the last two days playing it. Am probably between a quarter and half way through it.
Haven't watched much South Park in recent years, but still enjoy the program when I see it, and am thoroughly enjoying the game.

Good old-school rpg with turn-based combat (you know I prefer the turn-based combat :D ), the game mechanics are completely solid, and the story/characters/jokes are directly from the show - so it's win-win.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2764 on: May 27, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »
"LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" has been announced for early Q3 this year (so around July/August).
Nice :D
That's two Batman games I'll likely be buying in that quarter (Arkham Knight is supposed to be late Q3, so around September - though there's rumours it might be delayed into Q4).

youtube

Offline harv

« Reply #2765 on: May 27, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Can't wait to see what Mario Kart 8 is going to look like on my new telly. Am finishing off Wind Waker HD at the moment  and getting Mario Kart 8 on the 31st from Tesco. Really annoying that Nintendo's games rarely go down in price, means I've had to go over my limit of 20 quid for a game but saying that you do get 2 games for £35 quid thanks to their promotion. Am planning on trading in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and getting Lego Marvel with the proceeds...and then of course downloading the digital version for free.

Along with Infamous Second Son, Mario Kart 8 is one of the two best looking games of the generation so far. Pretty surprising tbh, I was expecting more from the PS4 especially by now. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2766 on: May 28, 2014, 10:59:12 AM »
The Order: 1886 (ps4 exclusive) has been pushed back to 2015.
Shame, as it looks great, but better to get it right than release a buggy mess of a game.

Steam Machines look to have been pushed to 2015, too. Well the controller's been delayed until then, at any rate, and there's supposed to be one with each Steam Machine...
I was interested in the Steam Machine at first, but they look to have priced themselves out of my range.

Offline harv

« Reply #2767 on: May 28, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »
Has anyone ordered a game from Tesco before..? Just wondering how long it takes them to arrive once they get posted?

They posted my Mario Kart 8 today so am hoping I'll be getting it on Friday... ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2768 on: May 28, 2014, 09:11:50 PM »
Someone on another forum was asking about the most violent game on a Nintendo system, has to be Manhunt 2 Uncut. Some of you may want to make sure your kids don't see the video, and it's definitely NSFW lol. All executions uncut. One of the best.games released last gen, and VERY satisfying to play with the motion controls ;D :o :P

Normally you wouldn't see any of that, you'd just see the grey screen that the uploader has used to split the executions up. Ridiculous that the BBFC and ESRB refused to give it an 18 certificate, you see MUCH worse things in films all the time these days. The game was ruined with it cut to pieces >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #2769 on: May 28, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »
I can get pretty violent if someone gets a blue shell when I'm leaving on Mario Kart...

Offline harv

« Reply #2770 on: May 28, 2014, 10:01:41 PM »
Not with Mario Kart 8, they've lessened the effect it has on you and if you have the loudspeaker power up you can blast it away 8)

Watching that Manhunt 2 video earlier I forgot how great the pen was as an execution tool. :o 8)

So have you ordered a game from Tesco before..? They posted it today but when I ordered the game the blurb said to expect delivery 31st or before. I'm guessing that they're not sending stuff first class so I won't get it tomorrow...so maybe Friday then..? :-\

Am going to trade in my copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate tomorrow, not sure what to get though. Am thinking Lego Marvel or Need For Speed Most Wanted. Or maybe Lego Batman 2 if I can find it. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the obvious choice as my free game when I get Mario Kart 8 because that's something that I can plough hundreds of hours into. Going to look great on the big screen too. Monster Hunter and CoD are good fits for the Wii U because the games look cinematic with the HUD on the touchscreen.

I just hope that the telly works okay, I've read a few reports of faulty sets so my fun may get delayed if I get a dodgy one. Have also found out that, like my InspiRED 37" telly, it has AVL (Auto Volume Leveling) which automatically adjusts the volume when adverts come on so you don't get blasted every time the adverts appear during a break! Should be an industry standard imo. :o

Offline Late

« Reply #2771 on: May 29, 2014, 12:18:47 AM »
I don't recall ordering a game for home delivery from Tesco in the last few years.

Offline harv

« Reply #2772 on: May 29, 2014, 01:18:50 AM »
Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes. If it arrives before my new telly I'm going to have to resist the temptation to play it lol ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2773 on: May 29, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »
I've pre-ordered from Tesco before.. I can't remember any items I received on release date, but I remember a few things arrived the day after... I wouldn't use them as my first port of call for a pre-order unless they were considerably cheaper.

No-one got Watch Dogs yet?  I see it's averaging around the 80 mark - it doesn't sound like a bad game from the reviews.. but I was to pick it up.. it'll be when its a lot cheaper.

Doesn't look like there's anything I'm interested in coming out in the next month or so.. probably going to get back into Footy Manager soon with the world cup coming up.. I bought it on release and didn't even finish half a season before giving up.. it always takes a good 3 or 4 restarts before I get used to the new game mechanics

Offline Late

« Reply #2774 on: May 29, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »
Yeah, I'll probably wait for Watch_Dogs to drop in price a bit.

People have been complaining for a while that the game isn't graphically as good as the trailers we were originally shown. We now have a direct comparison video, thanks to some helpful chap who uploaded it to Kotaku.
Bear in mind that he's comparing the trailer with the actual game on PC on "Ultra" settings.

youtube
kotaku

That's a worryingly large drop in quality.

I'm sure the game's very good. It just doesn't seem to be as good as it should have been - so I'm happy enough to wait a while, see if I can get it a bit cheaper.
Titanfall's keeping me busy, and I could do with going back to Trials at some point. And COD hasn't been played much. And I don't think Forza has been in the machine since launch day. That deserves another look.
Not to mention the 240-ish games on Steam, of which I've tried about ten.
And the big stack of unplayed 360 games (some physical, still in cellophane, some digital, downloaded but not yet looked at).