https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662744 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2790 on: June 04, 2014, 07:44:11 AM »
Not making much progress on Inferno IV on trials... the first jump took a while to figure out.. it requires a fair bit of precision/skill so its fairly easy to still get stuck on it.. the next 4 checkpoints are relatively easy to do - but the one afterwards is a right bastard.. basically you've got to do a big bunny hop over to some barrels, landing the bike in the right position to ascend said barrels.. if you don't get the ascension right, you're fucked because at the top of the barrels you have to bunny hop over an explosive onto a thin beam - big enough only for your back wheel, where you have to bunny hop over to the next checkpoint.. I've managed to do it once in about 1000 attempts  ;D

On the one attempt I did do it, I spent about 10 minutes stuck on the next jump which is another bastard.. and ran out of time..  I figure I'm about half way through at that point.. but don't really know.

Offline harv

« Reply #2791 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:19 AM »
Omfg...this is brilliant. This guy must have written the music specifically for this video. A great talent if he has. Amazing! :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2792 on: June 04, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
Yay finally finished Inferno IV, thankfully no bastard jumps after the ones I mentioned, in fact I even had 11 minutes/150 faults to spare.

Edit :
Also finished the squirrels last night - some of them are impossible to find without a guide - I used a guide to get them all - there is the odd tricky one to unlock still though.

Just 2 more achievements left to get... I'm going to use the glitch to get the all track challenges one - it would be practically impossible doing it legit.

Also beat a few of your times last night Late.. still loads where you are ahead, but only because I haven't replayed them yet  ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:18:44 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2793 on: June 06, 2014, 12:45:43 PM »
Quote from: jman
...still loads where you are ahead, but only because your way better than me, and I'm rubbish at the game...

Fixed that for you.

I had a go on the game last night for a short while. Tried one if the extreme levels (some snowy level) and ended up running out of lives. Stupid bloody game.
Managed to get all platinums in one of the stages, which gives you a little badge.

My badges (as you'd expect they start well but get worse. Then really really bad):

Greenhorn Groove:
3 platinum, 3 gold
Arctic Open:
7 platinum
Urban Sprawl:
4 platinum, 2 gold
Cactus Challenge:
3 platinum, 4 gold
Rainforest Rumble:
1 platinum, 5 gold
Skill Showcase:
0 platinum, 2 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze
Expert's Club:
0 platinum, 2 gold, 2 silver, 4 bronze
Master's Gauntlet:
0 platinum, 0 gold, 0 silver, 1 bronze, 5 incomplete. :(

Edit autocorrect
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:26:07 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2794 on: June 07, 2014, 08:36:22 AM »
Pfft, at least I'm not being beaten by Kenny on any courses, I mean that would be seriously embarrassing  ;D  8)

Edit: Started playing that Max: Curse of Brotherhood this morning, it's not half bad, think of a kids limbo type game, not as ingenious or artistic, has a fun plot and collectibles
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 11:26:21 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2795 on: June 07, 2014, 03:03:25 PM »
I bought Stick It To The Man the other day and it's awesome. The music and art direction is outstanding and it's quite funny. On Chapter 3 so far.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2796 on: June 08, 2014, 01:53:06 AM »
Pfft, at least I'm not being beaten by Kenny on any courses, I mean that would be seriously embarrassing  ;D  8)

Cor blimey, you're beating a guy who's unlocked about 2 bikes and not played the game in about a month. Well in!  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2797 on: June 08, 2014, 03:33:01 AM »
Shut him up by bearing his times, mate.

Just don't beat mine... ;)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2798 on: June 08, 2014, 09:05:35 AM »

Cor blimey, you're beating a guy who's unlocked about 2 bikes and not played the game in about a month. Well in!  ;D

Well yeah, thats why it would be seriously embarrassing to be beaten by you.. wouldn't it LATE, nudge nudge  ;D ;D ;D lol

Offline Late

« Reply #2799 on: June 08, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
Well sure, I could easily beat times posted by both of you if I replayed them, but I only play each level once. Playing them again is cheating...

Offline stupac

« Reply #2800 on: June 11, 2014, 10:24:05 PM »
Thought I'd check in on you guys not been here for a while  ;)

Started playing through the Uncharted series again loving it! Can't wait for Uncharted on PS4  :) so many good games out already or coming out soon but I still don't even have the PS4... trying to finish off old games first but keep getting distracted lol.

Also i have a 3DS now so if any of you guys have one and want to add me my friend code is 0061-1410-7064 :)
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline jman

« Reply #2801 on: June 12, 2014, 08:05:29 AM »
Have you tried Max : The Curse of Brotherhood yet late.. I'm actually enjoying it way more than I thought I would.. would definitely recommend giving it a go.. I think I'm on the last chapter.. I've missed one or two collectibles here and there, so I'll go back and pick them up after I'm finished with the game.. but for a freebie.. very impressed.  Will definitely 100% this game.

Offline Late

« Reply #2802 on: June 12, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »
Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, bud (RL stuff :( ). Look forward to trying it and Spartan Assault when i get a chance.

Offline harv

« Reply #2803 on: June 12, 2014, 07:46:22 PM »
That Nike advert with the clones has me thinking that Nintendo may be planning to clone Miyamoto. Imagine if they had a hundred of him :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2804 on: June 14, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »
100%'ed Max:TCOB today - I suppose it loses marks because there is zero replayability once you've completed the game and found the collectibles - which aren't that hard - I missed 6 on the first playthrough - but still kept me entertained for about 10 hours - so as a digital game - not bad at all!