https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663076 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2805 on: June 15, 2014, 02:32:23 AM »
Have been playing Unepic on the Wii U and it's excellent. It's an old school dungeon crawler RPG and the humour is pretty good so far. Only available for the Wii U and PC so far but it wouldn't surprise me if they have ports for the PS4 and One on the way. Real time combat too which is handy.

You guys should definitely check it out when it comes to the other platforms.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2806 on: June 17, 2014, 12:37:13 PM »
Nice comparison video showing GTA:V on the ps3 and on the ps4.
I was expecting it to look fractionally better, but that's actually bloody impressive.
Not sure I'd pay much for it, mind. I thoroughly enjoyed the game first time round, but I wouldn't fancy forking out more than a tenner to upgrade and replay it, and I can pretty much guarantee they'll be charging more than ten quid!

youtube
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2807 on: June 17, 2014, 03:28:49 PM »
Dat 60fps gameplay :o 8)

Bayonetta 2 is looking amazing, absolutely no idea how they've managed to do this given what we know about the hardware. Either Nintendo Magic or Secret Sauce (or fixed functions of some description) lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2808 on: June 17, 2014, 03:41:10 PM »
Dat 60fps gameplay :o 8)

Bayonetta 2 is looking amazing, absolutely no idea how they've managed to do this given what we know about the hardware. Either Nintendo Magic or Secret Sauce (or fixed functions of some description) lol :P

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

('cept Liz Hurley in tight leather's okay by straight blokes too.)
(Game's still shite though.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:05:10 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2809 on: June 19, 2014, 10:37:39 AM »
Anyone played Outlast - it released on the PC in September and PS4 in February (I think).. just dropped on the Xbox One store today.. survival horror set in a mental asylum.. sounds pretty good from one review I read.. might give it a go - £16

Also Strider has been reduced to £6.00 at the moment - side scrolling shoot-em-up I think.. another one which is supposed to be ok.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:41:14 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2810 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:45 AM »

Offline Late

« Reply #2811 on: June 26, 2014, 10:02:07 AM »
Anyone played Outlast - it released on the PC in September and PS4 in February (I think).. just dropped on the Xbox One store today.. survival horror set in a mental asylum.. sounds pretty good from one review I read.. might give it a go - £16
I like the look of that one.
I think the main thing putting me off is the pricing. £16 is a good price, certainly, but it seems steep when you consider it's less than £4 on pc (or was when I looked, last week - that sale might've ended, but will probably be back on within the next fortnight) and it was free on ps4.

Despite the fact I don't have a ps4 and my pc probably couldn't play it, those prices have somehow convinced me it's not worth paying £16 for a game that's definitely worth paying sixteen quid for! It's a stupid argument, and is probably just me.
It's worth bearing in mind the xb1 version includes free DLC that the others don't include, mind.

Offline jman

« Reply #2812 on: June 26, 2014, 10:29:36 AM »
Yeah I saw it for £3.50 on the steam sale.. kinda put me off buying it on the xb1.. will wait till it goes down in price - not desperate to play it at the moment - I've just got back into Civilization after seeing the stuff for Beyond Earth got me hyped up for it.  Actually first time playing the DLC for Civ 5 - its not bad at all!

Offline Late

« Reply #2813 on: June 27, 2014, 11:13:27 AM »
Reminder:
If you currently have an xbox 360 and haven't upgraded to an xbox One (and you have a Live Gold account) you can log into xbox.com and "buy" the free (GWG) xbox One games for £0.00.
If at some point you later get an xbox One you will be able to download those games for free.
Only a few days left to pick up Halo Spartan Assault, if you don't already have it, folks. Tis an okay game - better still when it's free... ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #2814 on: July 03, 2014, 11:19:48 AM »
Just downloaded Guacamelee.. hope to give it a go in the next few days..

I just bought Kinect Sports Rivals as well for £30 preowned from Grainger Games.. really needed a game and it was a toss-up between this and Watch Dogs (which is also the same price)...

I know KSR got battered in its reviews.. which initially put me off from buying it at launch.. but I dunno, I enjoyed the previous games and the demo - and it has Football which IMO was the best game from the entire KS library of mini-games..

Offline Late

« Reply #2815 on: July 03, 2014, 11:42:42 AM »
Largely ditto here.

Downloaded Guacamelee last night, and will give it a go some time soon.

Could do with a new game to play, and been tempted by Watch Dogs, but I think I'll wait until it's dropped a bit further (maybe £25 second hand). Feeling particularly broke lately.
I should probably fire up the 360 and finally play some of the backlog on that instead of wishing for new games on the One.
And then there's Steam, of course. Literally hundreds of games in my library - and I've tried only a tiny fraction of them.*

Still getting a fair bit of play from Titanfall, mind. Matchmaking is much better since the patch last week, and the new game mode is decent fun (though I switched back to Hardpoint after a few games).
Haven't tried any of the new burn cards out yet, but I have a few in my deck (including amped cluster missiles, amped slave warheads, and amped vortex shield).

Offline Late

« Reply #2816 on: July 03, 2014, 03:54:37 PM »
Civilisation: Beyond Earth is looking promising.

youtube

Offline harv

« Reply #2817 on: July 03, 2014, 04:09:15 PM »
Have never understood the popularity of Populus clones. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #2818 on: July 03, 2014, 06:12:56 PM »
Yeah, we're all aware you have poor taste in games... :p

Offline harv

« Reply #2819 on: July 03, 2014, 06:29:36 PM »
Meh :P