https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663019 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2850 on: July 22, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »
Am getting Hyrule Warriors in September and Bayonetta 2 in October myself. Got too much of a backlog to get anything else.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2851 on: July 22, 2014, 10:48:46 AM »
Minecraft is utter shit.. and has an average age of around 13-15 years old... why Late.. WHY!!!?!?!  Its for the children.. right.. right!!

I don't get why it is so popular.. there is this one guy at work, all he ever fucking talks about is Minecraft.. he knows I don't play it.. he *should* be able to judge when he's talking to me that my expressionless face means I couldn't give a shit what he does in Minecraft or how many people he had on his server last night... but every time he goes on a ciggy break at the same time.. that's all I'll hear... he's such a boring twat... I've been actively avoiding him for the past 6 months now.. but sometimes there is no escape.

Offline harv

« Reply #2852 on: July 22, 2014, 01:12:22 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2853 on: July 22, 2014, 02:19:46 PM »
I'm looking to pick up:

Evolve
Assassin's Creed Unity
FIFA 15
Alien: Isolation

Then on the maybe/buy later list:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Halo: MC Collection
Sunset Overdrive
Civilisation: Beyond Earth
Destiny (not sold on it yet, gonna try the beta tomorrow)
Either Forza Horizon 2 or Project CARS (only want one racing game)
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (love a detective game)

It's going to be nice to finally have a bit of choice rather than hoping someone releases a game worth buying. :D

Offline harv

« Reply #2854 on: July 22, 2014, 04:04:01 PM »
Have you gone insane..? Or got more money than sense..?

You'll be better off getting Assassin's Creed Unity after a few weeks rather than at launch, it's a Ubisoft title after all so you'll be able to get it half price by then. I really can't understand why Ubisoft do this for every single title and how they don't end up going bust lol :o :-\ ;D

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2855 on: July 22, 2014, 04:18:36 PM »
Yes, you've posted that about 30 times already, just like the majority of your posts are things you've said before, many times.

"United are amazing"
"Arse(nal) suck lol"
"I love Nintendo"
"There are so many good games on the Wii/Wii U/3DS ;D ;D ;D " (lists a number of games no one over the age of 12 cares about)
"I love my cat"
"Ubisoft suck lol  ;D ;D :-\ :-\ :o :o"
"Eidos suck  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D"
"Reviewers are idiots lol" (if a bad review is given to a game Harv likes)
"Well reviewers like it" (if a good review is given to a game Harv likes)

Offline harv

« Reply #2856 on: July 22, 2014, 05:12:08 PM »
I've never said that Ubisoft suck. Just that buying a Ubisoft game on launch day is a daft thing to do. Anyone with an ounce of sense would put a Ubisoft title on the buy later list. I still can't work out how they're still in business tbh, they have always had poor project management (way too many staff working on a game in particular) and cut the price of their games as early as a couple of weeks after launch sometimes...and after a month or two you can pick them up for as little as £19.99. It's insane. :o

Feel free to buy Assassin's Creed Unity on day one if you want to, I'm just saying that you're better off saving ten or twenty quid and getting it a week/two/four weeks later. ;)

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2857 on: July 23, 2014, 02:57:53 PM »
Might have to move Destiny from the maybe list to the must-buy list! Despite not generally being a fan of FPS games, I enjoyed the few hours I played of the beta last night night. I got a sort of 'Prometheus' vibe from it (love that film). What I've seen so far of the game is beautiful and I want to carry on exploring with Peter Dinklage guiding me. ;D I like the level of customisation too, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface when I've already picked up a load of guns/armour.

The enemies could be a bit more dynamic rather than just spawning near a rock/building and defending it for dear life. At times it's just a mad XP grab where you see people dashing around an area waiting for enemies to respawn. Only other little annoyance was that I got disconnected a few times but then it's a beta, so it's always likely that'll happen

Oh, and I've got a spare code if anyone wants it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:59:28 PM by ancelotti »

Offline Late

« Reply #2858 on: July 23, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »
Yes please!
I'm itching to give that a go.

Was tempted to have "Battlefield: Hardline" in my maybe list, but it's in a busy period so probably wouldn't get a look in.
Today they've put it back to Q1 2015, though. Which definitely takes it out of the list of games I might buy in 2014, but makes it a contender for a game I might buy in 2015.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2859 on: July 23, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »
I tried to win a Destiny code on Facebook.. no luck  >:(  To be honest, I'm not sure how much time I would be able to give it at the moment.. I've hardly touched the X1 since completing Guacamelee.. but if you have any "spare spares".. let me know!

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2860 on: July 23, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »
Check your PMs, guys!

Offline harv

« Reply #2861 on: July 23, 2014, 03:59:38 PM »
Yes please!
I'm itching to give that a go.

Was tempted to have "Battlefield: Hardline" in my maybe list, but it's in a busy period so probably wouldn't get a look in.
Today they've put it back to Q1 2015, though. Which definitely takes it out of the list of games I might buy in 2014, but makes it a contender for a game I might buy in 2015.

With a bit of luck Battlefield will be playable by the time you get it next year :P  ;D

Will be getting Destiny myself when I get my PS4 next year I reckon. 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #2862 on: July 23, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »
"Success!
You now own Destiny Beta." (xbox.com)

Thanks Kenny - I'll be driving that little bit faster to get home tonight :D

It's always a gamble buying multiplayer games a long time after their release, Harv.

That said, you probably just want it for the single player  ;D
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2863 on: July 23, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »
Will probably delve into the online play but will be as cheap as chips by the time I get it anyway so no biggie ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2864 on: July 23, 2014, 08:19:52 PM »
Nice one Kenny, just downloading now  :D

Any idea when it ends ?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:26:11 PM by jman »