https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662916 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2880 on: July 28, 2014, 12:18:48 PM »
I'm undecided on Destiny.
I enjoyed the single player, but was rubbish on the multiplayer. But I'm not sure if that's just because I had rubbish weapons and unlocks compared to other folk.
I only actually played two games of multiplayer. One with a level 6 warlock, and one with a level 8 titan.

Actually, I played one more game with the level 8 titan but I'm trying to pretend that never happened. It started as 6-v-3 (I was one of the 3) and then one of my team-mates left. I don't care how good or bad you are, if you're playing an FPS with six people against two or three it's going to be a total whitewash.

I see the comparisons to Borderlands, now you mention it, and that's strange - because I really didn't like Borderlands (I played the first, but didn't get very far through it - never tried Borderlands 2) but I'm enjoying Destiny's campaign. :\
My best bet might be to leave it a few months, pick it up cheap, and stick mainly to the single player.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2881 on: July 30, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »
Leaving PS Plus:
6th August: TowerFall Ascension
6th August: Strider
6th August: Dead Space 3
6th August: Vessel
6th August: LEGO Batman 2 DC Superheroes
6th August: Doki Doki Universe

Entering PS Plus:
6th August: Road Not Taken (ps4)
6th August: FEZ (ps4)
6th August: Crysis 3 (ps3)
6th August: Proteus (ps3)
6th August: Metrico (psv)
6th August: LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years (psv)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2882 on: August 03, 2014, 09:09:59 AM »
Has anyone played Child of Light, it's a Ubisoft RPG 2d side scrolling fairy-tale adventure, sounds pretty good, a bit easy if anything but I think I'm gonna give it a go

Offline harv

« Reply #2883 on: August 03, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
Child Of Light is delightful. Very well put together, looks gorgeous, great story and all of the dialogue rhymes. Haven't got around to finish it yet though.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2884 on: August 04, 2014, 02:00:51 PM »
Well I played CoL for about 2 hours at the weekend... I can appreciate the graphics and rhyming dialogue and how they come together to create a certain style of game.. but the dialogue is annoying me because I feel like its holding a half decent story back, so the graphics aren't really doing it for me either.  There are certain parts of the game I like such as the hybrid RPG style (turn based and real time) - but there are also parts I don't like.. having to collect orbs to regen health/mp for example - also its been plain sailing for me so far... very few tactics required in any of the fights.

Offline larry

« Reply #2885 on: August 05, 2014, 09:24:21 AM »
Ive just started playing Heavy Rain, its been on the shelf for a while (plus another 7 still not even opened :o)

Great story thus far, love the way you flick between characters for a different approach on the story. Cant wait to see how it pans out  :) Mind you, it depends on the way you play to what ending you get, so defo another play through i think.

Anybody know how many different endings there are? i dont want to have alook as i dont want any spoilers ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #2886 on: August 05, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
lol - fair call. Would love to play that some time, but not having a playstation I'm happy to google it for you...

brb...

Okay, it seems there's around 22-24 possible endings. That seems to be six main ones, and then another 16-18 variations of those.

Some of the branches happen quite near the end (and naturally some are much earlier) - so if you want to it's possible to see several different endings just by replaying the final chapter, but for others you'll need to do another full playthrough or two.

Offline harv

« Reply #2887 on: August 05, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
I figured it all out about two thirds of the way through because I'm too clever :( PM me when you've finished the game and I'll tell you how I worked it out. 8)

A great game though, keep on meaning to play it again because I'm one trophy away from a Platinum.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2888 on: August 05, 2014, 03:45:50 PM »
I figured it all out about two thirds of the way through because I'm too clever :(

Offline harv

« Reply #2889 on: August 05, 2014, 03:51:02 PM »
Okay, not clever exactly. Can't say how I worked it out without giving anything away lol :P

Offline larry

« Reply #2890 on: August 06, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »
Okay, it seems there's around 22-24 possible endings. That seems to be six main ones, and then another 16-18 variations of those.

:o Bloody hell! I knew there were a few endings, but 22-24! thanks for looking  ;)

I actually finished the game last night and really enjoyed it, great storyline with a few twists and turns along the way. Harv, i didnt realize who it was until it was mentioned towards the end. I cant see when you would have known who the killer was before TBH, but then again im obviously not as clever as yourself!  ;)

Great game, something completly different that i havent played before. Yes there are a few glitches here and there with the controls and graphics (quite a few in the police station, with phone hand pieces floating in mid air!) But none the less a very enjoyable game. I loved the fight and chase scenes, really good fun, and some of which carry on for a good few mins :)

Ive just got a few trophies to collect (handy having chapter select) then it will go back on the shelf. I cant bring myself to sell it, as i think ill defo play through again at somepoint.  9 out of 10 from me  8)

Offline Late

« Reply #2891 on: August 06, 2014, 11:24:16 AM »
Evolve has been pushed back from October 2014 to February 2015.

Offline harv

« Reply #2892 on: August 06, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »
It was his scar above his eye. In the flashback you saw the kid getting the injury that caused the scar. I spotted it because for years at work when testing I needed good attention to detail so I tend to notice small details like this.

Offline Late

« Reply #2893 on: August 06, 2014, 04:35:02 PM »
"The Expendabros" is currently* free on Steam.

It's effectively an extended demo of "Bro-Force", but is released as a tie-in with "The Expendables" film.

I'll have to give it a look some time.

*(until the end of the year)

Steam
dealspwn

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2894 on: August 16, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »
Finally got round to playing The Last of Us...picked up the Remastered edition for the PS4 and it's already my game of the year...True 1080p, 60 frames per second...looks absolutely wonderful in HD utilising the full force of the PS4...Gritty and hard storyline, characters you actually immersed in, wondefully crafted environments and game mechanics that work well with the survival horror theme.

Will check out the Multiplayer next and see how that compares, but Naughty Dog are the masters of the Single Player experience, never thought Uncharted could be topped, and even though Uncharted had a serious side to it, it was always a bit tongue in cheek and never took itself too seriously...The Last of Us is definitely the opposite...it's brutal and edgy, has a true horror feel to it and it's incredibly dark, but it's all for the better of the experience.

Need to move back to FIFA World Cup and finish that before FIFA 15 comes out now.