https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662574 times)

gldntrmite13

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 04, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
Well to host your own server it costs however i found plenty of great games last night hopping on others servers that were open to the public... played a match of Conquest with 2500 spawn tickets... game went on for ever, ended up with over 150 kills in one match... LOL

I agree that paying for it sucks however like i stated, the few glitches they had have been corrected, "shotgun frag round long range killing" being the #1 fix that i'm happy to see.... getting sniped from 300 yards by a guy with frag rounds and a 12g shotgun was getting old..

Online jman

« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
Nah I'd rather just play with a bunch of people I actually know and against the computer with bots... I knew about 7/8 people that would all play BF2 on a private server which was hosted at work... and it was great fun... plus Im crap at flying, so I'd like a server where I could just practice without annoying other people...

Online jman

« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »
I started playing Daytona USA the other day... realised that I have actually bought this game on 3 different consoles now lol...

I bought the original arcade version on the Saturn back in the 90's....I paid a full value retail price for the game back then... but it was seriously awesome back then.. the graphics were so good!!!

Then I bought the updated version on the Dreamcast, I remember it being a lot smoother, having more tracks, the graphics were much better and you could play 2 player split screen...

And now I've bought it on XBLA... which is the original version complete with arcade like graphics and seriously bad pop-up, its got a load of extra options on it... yet to try out multiplayer.. but will give it a bash... the achievements are easy peasy...

However the XBLA game has answered one of those mysteries I have always wondered about though as it has a karaoke mode in (although I could of easily looked it up on t'internet)..... in the Daytonnnnaaaaaaaa song.. wtf is sang after the "Daytonnaaaaaa" bit.... well its "Lets Go Away"... yup as thought...I'd been singing the wrong lyrics for the past 2 decades...  ;D   (I thought it was "Its On Its Way"... but its actually easy to understand what's sung when not playing the game at the same time... but I always sang "Gaytonaaaa" anyway... ahhhh the childish humour I found funny... lol)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:32:17 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
Finished bulletstorm this morning. Whilst it's not outstanding, it's certainly a fun game, and I fully enjoyed it. In fact I'm considering playing it again.  I won't 100% it, but I'd like to get a few of the skillshots etc that I missed.
Definitely recommend the game if you see it cheap (I paid £2.97 second hand).
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Online jman

« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
How many skillshots did you get in the end late... cant remember what I got up too but your skillshots do carry over... your best bet to get them all is to do the challenge mode (rather than replaying the story) as you can add to your skillshots in there and obviously you can replay sections over and over if you mess one part up... I might go back to it when I have time - I know I didnt have many left...

dont know if you can add to the electric flies/news bots accumulations on challenge mode... but I missed one news bot along the way in the story which was incredibly annoying...  >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2012, 06:58:36 PM »
Didn't get the achievement for 75% of skillshots, but I must've been bloody close.
Missed a few flies and 2 newsbots - and only got about half the beer bottles.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »
Hmmm...Nintendo seem to be employing more Naughty Dog employees. This time Hirokazu Yasuhara, one of the co-creators of Sonic the Hedgehog, has joined NST. He worked on Uncharted 3. Going to be interesting to see what they come up with. Retro has employed a lot of devs recently but it's looking like NST are getting in on the action too.

Who's next..? EAD..? :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »
Nintendo declined the opportunity to rubbish reports their new console is less powerful than the ps3 - instead pretty much saying they're not interested in power...  :/

Offline harv

« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »
We already know it's more powerful than the PS3 and 360. A Power7-based tri-core CPU with 2 SMTs per core, 3 times as much L2 cache as the 360 and, most importantly, an Out of Order Execution processor. Anywhere between 2-4 times as much RAM. A GPU that's at least 2 generations ahead of the RSX and Xenos with slightly more than 3 times as much eDRAM (32GB as opposed to 10GB) on die compared to the Xenos.

Someone on Gaf has theorised that the developers complaining about the CPU have been lazy buggers and ported directly to the U from the 360 without optimising the code: the 360 has at least 1 out of 6 threads dedicated to sound at all times and it's not unusual for developers to use 3 out of 6 threads for sound. The U has a DSP (Digital Sample Processor) that deals with sound without taxing the CPU. If they've ported it straight across then they're wasting 16.6%-50% of the U's processing power unnecessarily lol. Lazy gits. :o

We've already seen that the U is more powerful than the PS3 and 360 from the Zelda and Japanese Garden tech demos, and they were done on underclocked Alpha dev kits in a rush.

Some of the reactions from fanboys of all descriptions are hilarious though...there's been bannings all over the place on Gaf lololol

This is quite amusing though, just hit refresh for a new developer's comment lololol ;D :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2012, 02:46:22 AM »
http://gamecenter.grantgalitz.org/

Quality little link there. A few old Gameboy games to play in your browser.

Offline harv

« Reply #220 on: April 08, 2012, 03:01:35 AM »
Talk now of a LucasArts MMO for the U. Looks like people in the industry are agreeing with my opinion of the suitability of the touchscreen to MMOs and MMORPGs. The U might end up being the console to go to for that genre, particularly when you consider that gamers can switch to playing the game on the controller whilst their other half watches crap on the telly. :o

This thing might end up saving marriages lol :P

Offline bealec

« Reply #221 on: April 08, 2012, 09:04:01 AM »
Yeh they already have an app you can download to your iPhone/iPad that allows you to use it as a controller for MMORPG's so Nintendo are lagging behind on that.

Offline harv

« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
Except that the control scheme will be superior due to having 2 sticks, buttons and 4 triggers in addition to the touchscreen and the eye candy will be superior due to the U being a dedicated games console ;)

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2012, 09:34:12 PM »
Except that the control scheme will be superior due to having 2 sticks, buttons and 4 triggers

Sony have done that for about 15 years.

Offline bealec

« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
So essentially the Wii U controller will be an iPhone taped to a PS controller.