https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663094 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2940 on: October 14, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
Well that's chariot well and truly done with... Crashed on loading and I had to reset, now I can't even get into the load menu to try and load the last game, am stuck on the press A to start screen and nothing works, I imagine if I delete my save file it would let me back in

Bollocks to that, I was pretty much done with the non-insane achievements anyway... question is, do I buy defense grid 2 now knowing that in a few weeks I'll have enough games to keep me going till xmas and probably not play it again until afterwards, hmmm

Offline Late

« Reply #2941 on: October 14, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »
I'll wait for Alien Isolation. Looks great, but looks likely to drop in price pretty quickly - so I'll wait a few months.
I need Masterchief Collection and Far Cry but things are a bit tight so I will probably just buy one and ask someone for the other for Xmas.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2942 on: October 18, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
Have had 6 or 7 goes on the Bayonetta 2 demo now and I'm getting better lol. Gone from Stone to Bronze to Silver. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2943 on: October 20, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »
Oh yes.. just watched the IGN video of a sneak preview of the remade Zanzibar map.. 1-Flag CTF.. probably the best multiplayer map, with the best multiplayer mode in the best multiplayer game ever!!  Cant wait.. frustrating watching that video as the guy playing is below average.. I could of won that game solo against the red 4 I reckon  ;D

Think there are 6 maps getting the next gen treatment.. Ascension, Lockout, Sanctuary, Zanzibar, Warlock and Coagulation... Halo 2 is the goldeneye of the 21st century, I cant wait to play.. if anyone else is getting it.. give me a shout if you want me to help your n00b asses... I am pretty fucking awesome at it if I do say so myself.. think I managed a level 48 on most of my favourite gametypes.. there were a lot of modders/cheaters in the game though.. hopefully that shit will be gone.

Wow just seen theres a whopping 20GB Day 1 patch on the MCC so circumvent using multiple discs...  :o  Fucking hell.. I might have to buy an external hard-drive soon  :-\

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2944 on: October 20, 2014, 10:20:12 PM »
Halo isn't for me.  :(

Offline jman

« Reply #2945 on: October 23, 2014, 10:10:06 AM »
Whaaa ?  ;D

What is it exactly that you don't like, the gameplay or the lore... I absolutely loved the games.. 343 studios did a good job with Halo 4 - but it didn't feel the same without Bungie... which is why I'm so excited about MCC because its bringing back the good old days.

Just seen the first proper Nightfall trailer.. which also comes as part of the MCC - it looks boss!  Can't believe Microsoft still haven't cashed in on a Halo movie.. it would make bucketloads.

Offline jman

« Reply #2946 on: October 29, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »
Holy fucking shitballs the halo 2 anniversary trailer looks amazing, don't think I've seen a cinematic trailer for a game look so good before... I can't bloody wait for this!!  8)

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2947 on: October 30, 2014, 02:16:49 AM »
Whaaa ?  ;D

What is it exactly that you don't like, the gameplay or the lore... I absolutely loved the games.. 343 studios did a good job with Halo 4 - but it didn't feel the same without Bungie... which is why I'm so excited about MCC because its bringing back the good old days.

Just seen the first proper Nightfall trailer.. which also comes as part of the MCC - it looks boss!  Can't believe Microsoft still haven't cashed in on a Halo movie.. it would make bucketloads.

Was just never really into shooters (crap at them, more like). Don't mind a bit of COD these days and I've put a lot of time into Destiny but I'd say they're rather casual pick-up-and-play FPS games that don't require an awful lot of skill, unlike Halo. I'm tempted to pick up the MCC though.

Got a spare Evolve alpha code for XB1 if anyone wants it. It begins today (30th October) and ends Sunday night so it's a pretty small window.

Offline harv

« Reply #2948 on: October 30, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
Have been really enjoying Bayonetta 1, just completed Chapter III last night. Some of the QTEs are a pain in the arse though. Got Platinum for the Prologue, Gold for Chapter I, Silver for Chapter II and Stone for Chapter III. The Silver and Stone ratings were due to getting screwed by the QTEs >:( :( >:(

A major improvement on the 360 and PS3 SKUs (although improving on the latter wouldn't be too difficult lol), the framerate is about the same as the 360 SKU but thanks to having v-synch enabled there's absolutely no screen tearing.

Am playing in the default Bayonetta costume at the moment but the Link, Princess Peach, Princess Daisy and Samus Aran Power Suit costumes are all available right from the beginning. No sign of the Star Fox costume yet though, am guessing that you have to unlock it.

I've always liked hack 'n' slash games and this is right up there with the God Of War games so far, graphically I'd probably put it ahead of the God Of War games because the camera isn't fixed.

Started to get the hang of Dodge Offset pretty early on thanks to the demo of Bayonetta 2 although the timing for Witch Time has been tweaked for the sequel I think to make it easier to get so there was a small adjustment period.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2949 on: October 30, 2014, 10:27:48 AM »
I bought Halo MCC digitally from the UK marketplace last week. I don't think it's available to play yet, but I believe there's an option to pre-download it. I'll have to have a look into that.
I did see someone on my friends list was playing it last night. Not sure if that means it's been brought forward, or if he downloaded from a foreign marketplace. (I know some folk were changing their region to Hong Kong because it works out a bit cheaper on their marketplace and they get it a little earlier than we do.

Digital's a bit more expensive than buying the disk, on the face of it, but when you factor in the discount you get when buying credit (I had about £70 credit on my account but I think I paid about £50 for it) it works out at a similar price - and I'm happy to pay a similar price for digital. I know it has it's disadvantages - mainly being that I can't resell it - but with the amount of content in the game and the very nature of the game I'll happily forgo that option if it means I don't have to keep dicking about with disks.
Having to switch disks is so 90's/00's.

Still busy with Minecraft. I completed the story about a week ago, but am still thoroughly enjoying it. Have mainly been playing it on one of the kids' profiles, lately, after she's gone to bed. She's going to be surprised/amazed when she finally finds this humongous pyramid I'm building in the middle of a desert in an area she's not yet explored.  ;D

Wouldn't get much of an opportunity to try Evolve, even though it looks really promissing, Kenny - so I'll pass (unless it's going to go completely to waste in which case I'll take it and hopefully squeeze in one game at some point - but that seems a bit of a waste if you know someone who will get proper use out of it!)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2950 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
There's a story in Minecraft..?!!?! :o ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2951 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
Yeah, I was surprised at that.

There's two game modes - Create, where you have unlimited resources and just build giant structures etc (which was what I thought the full extent of the game was), and Survival, where you have to mine or craft (ooh, I get it!) your resources, everything is finite (though the world is massive - albeit much smaller than on pc, natch) and you usually want to be inside shelter at night - when the beasties come out.
I've only played Survival.
The "story" isn't actually fed to you in any way - it's just a series of things you do that unlock new things. Effectively, you need to mine diamonds so you can get strong equipment, mine obsidian (toughest material in the game - can only be obtained with a diamond pickaxe), use the obsidian to build a portal, which takes you to a new hellish dimension, and eventually you go to a third universe where you have to fight a dragon.
Tis good - keeps it interesting and fun.
Though it's ridiculous how much fun it is even without following the story stuff, and just mining and building things. It really shouldn't work, and it doesn't sound fun at all - but somehow it works. (Or thirty million people are mistaken ;) )

Offline harv

« Reply #2952 on: October 30, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
Am quite pleased with myself again. Got a Gold for Chapter IV of Bayonetta 1. Will probably get screwed by a QTE or two in Chapter V just to bring me back down to earth. Bloody game lmfao :P ;D

Really glad that I didn't get the 360 SKU when Bayonetta 2 was first announced because the screen tearing would have driven me nuts lol ;D

Loads of lore to pick up and read too, I love that in games. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #2953 on: October 30, 2014, 05:01:56 PM »
Aw bollocks, would have got a Platinum for Chapter V but rather than running in Witch Time, which you're supposed to do, I didn't realise I had to do that and was looking for where the enemy was so that I could kill the fucker. Silly sod!!! Got a Gold instead of a Platinum because I died >:( >:( >:( :( ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2954 on: October 31, 2014, 10:17:20 AM »
Downloaded Defense Grid 2 last night.. its very similar to the first one, which is a good thing.. but there looks like there are a ton of extra stuff to do which is also good.. so many options for repeating levels.. there are still only 20 levels and so far I've had no problems playing on normal.  I think I unlocked about 15 achievements just completing the first level.. it was mad.. the bloody achievement pop wouldn't bloody stop  ;D  There are so many achievements in the game - which is also a good thing in my book.. but the only thing that has disappointed me are that there are multiplayer achievements.. tower defence and multiplayer... really?  I cant see that being one of the most requested features for the sequel... it certainly doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I also downloaded the Evolve beta although yet to play it.. I probably wont get time in all honesty as I'm busy this weekend.. but I got my code free just by taking part in the Xbox Preview Program - you should have a message on your xbox account.

I still cant wait for MCC though.. if you do find yourself online at the same time as me late (unlikely as I usually play early evenings) - just jump in.. I'm planning on playing a lot of halo 2 multiplayer though so I'm sure there will be a few late night sessions from me 8)