https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662782 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3000 on: December 09, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
The Witcher 3 has been pushed back to May 2015.

Fair enough - I'd rather a game be late and great than be on time and grate.

cdprojektred
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3001 on: December 10, 2014, 08:23:53 AM »
Started Limbo last night.. great game.. although already played through it on the xbox..  I quite fancy my chances at the 5 life thing.. theres only one or two really tricky areas.. the others are just about remembering what to do.. its the doing it in one sitting thing that's a bugger because it would take an hour or two with solid concentration.

Also tried out Worms at the weekend.. its OK but a far cry from the glory years... bit like Sonic... never been the same since the jump to 3D.

Offline Late

« Reply #3002 on: December 10, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »
I think it took slightly under an hour when I did it.
Like you say, it's not that it's difficult - it's just that you inevitably make silly mistakes. Especially with the gravity puzzles near the end.
I got right near the end a week or two back, with two puzzles left and had only used 3 lives.
Went nice and careful...
Died once on the last-but-one puzzle. Screamed. Succeeded on that puzzle with four lives gone.
Remembered exactly what I need to do on the last bit. Steadied my nerves. Tried it. Died. Shouted some more. Stuffed a towel under each armpit. Tried it again, and got the achievement. Then put the sweaty tea-towels back in the kitchen.

Had two quick goes on worms last night, but wasn't feeling it. I liked Worms back in the day, and was okay at it - though I was not one of those who mastered the ninja rope to the degree they could get out of a tiny nook on one edge of the screen, whiz around the full map, drop dynamite onto an enemy's head, and get back to the relatively safe place where they started all in a few seconds.
Some of the new (to me, at least) weapons are great, though. The holy hand-grenade, the banana bomb, and the exploding sheep were always fun, and continue to be, but this is the first I've seen of the concrete donkey, the herd of buffalo, and a few others - all of which have had me laughing out loud (and cringing as I invariably cause more friendly-fire damage than enemy damage).

edit: typo
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:29:14 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3003 on: December 10, 2014, 02:04:12 PM »
Those of you that have worms there's tablets you can take for that sort of thing. They'll clear up in no time lol :o :P

*Grabs coat*
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #3004 on: December 13, 2014, 01:51:22 AM »

FPS Creator Reloaded is looking streets ahead of the original so far. The screenshot above runs at over 60fps apparently. Allows you to create terrain and the online multiplayer will allow you to use explosive weapons and will use Steam's online infrastructure. It's still a long way from being finished but it's looking pretty tasty already.

Am in the process of designing a Vietnamese village hut and will post a screenshot when it's done. I fancy doing a single player Vietnam game at some point. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3005 on: December 13, 2014, 09:33:09 AM »
I think it took slightly under an hour when I did it.
Like you say, it's not that it's difficult - it's just that you inevitably make silly mistakes. Especially with the gravity puzzles near the end.
I got right near the end a week or two back, with two puzzles left and had only used 3 lives.
Went nice and careful...
Died once on the last-but-one puzzle. Screamed. Succeeded on that puzzle with four lives gone.
Remembered exactly what I need to do on the last bit. Steadied my nerves. Tried it. Died. Shouted some more. Stuffed a towel under each armpit. Tried it again, and got the achievement. Then put the sweaty tea-towels back in the kitchen.

Had two quick goes on worms last night, but wasn't feeling it. I liked Worms back in the day, and was okay at it - though I was not one of those who mastered the ninja rope to the degree they could get out of a tiny nook on one edge of the screen, whiz around the full map, drop dynamite onto an enemy's head, and get back to the relatively safe place where they started all in a few seconds.
Some of the new (to me, at least) weapons are great, though. The holy hand-grenade, the banana bomb, and the exploding sheep were always fun, and continue to be, but this is the first I've seen of the concrete donkey, the herd of buffalo, and a few others - all of which have had me laughing out loud (and cringing as I invariably cause more friendly-fire damage than enemy damage).

edit: typo

I take it back,  it's fucking infuriating!!  >:(

I just did it in 8 lives, a couple of those were stupid, died 3 times on that bit where you have to pull the train cart back then run over the electric floor before the train cart hits the button.  I've never died on that bit before.  The last few gravity puzzles always claim a life or two as you say.

I will do it though!!!

Offline jman

« Reply #3006 on: December 14, 2014, 09:18:04 AM »
Fourth time of asking and I got it, I pretty much was in the same scenario as you late, had died 3 times before the last couple of puzzles, made it to the last one on 4 and then died again, doesn't half get your blood racing lol.

Is there an issue with achievements though, I haven't had one "properly" pop for like a week now, they unlock but I miss that sound!

Offline Late

« Reply #3007 on: December 14, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »
That happened to me a while back, but it's been fine lately.

Offline jman

« Reply #3008 on: December 15, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »
Glad to see halo matchmaking is STILL fucked, over a month now... Been sitting in BTB for over 10 minutes with zero sign of it connecting to anyone... This is really piss poor.

Offline Late

« Reply #3009 on: December 17, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
lol Ubisoft, you crazy crazy fools.
New patch for Assassin's Creed unity is 6.7Gb - but in many cases on the One it's forcing through a 40Gb download of the revised game instead of just the patch.

Offline jman

« Reply #3010 on: December 17, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »
Another matchmaking update for halo.. Just sat in the BTB lobby for 25 minutes and no joy... I cant believe they released the game as broken as this.  Late, if you get a minute can you see if you can connect, surely this can't be the same for everyone  :-\

Still no achievement popping either... I just remembered the first one that failed to pop was on far cry 4, where the achievement said it was unlocked, but I had to wait for it to unlock properly to get the points... Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it's bloody annoying.  Have just power cycled fully so see if that fixes it

Offline harv

« Reply #3011 on: December 17, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »
I think Ubisoft are determined to be the new EA. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #3012 on: December 18, 2014, 12:41:37 AM »
Another matchmaking update for halo.. Just sat in the BTB lobby for 25 minutes and no joy... I cant believe they released the game as broken as this.  Late, if you get a minute can you see if you can connect, surely this can't be the same for everyone  :-\

It isn't looking good, mate. Have been sat in the BTB lobby (zero customisations or options set) for fifteen minutes so far and I've not seen a single person. It occasionally says "PLAYERS FOUND..." but it isn't connecting to them.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:48:55 AM by Late »

Offline Late

« Reply #3013 on: December 18, 2014, 01:11:28 AM »
Lol @ nodding off shortly after posting that, and waking up quarter of an hour later in the middle of a battle with 0 kills and 8 deaths...

Offline jman

« Reply #3014 on: December 18, 2014, 07:29:38 AM »
lol.. well at least you got into a game.. I haven't seen "Players Found" since the first week of release...  :'(