https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662830 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3030 on: January 23, 2015, 09:26:18 AM »
That HoloLens looks like a fantastic piece of kit.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #3031 on: January 23, 2015, 12:00:33 PM »
10% discount code for UK Playstation Store (Sony's apology for the downtime over xmas):

T6R3KB529K

Code is valid until Monday morning.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3032 on: January 23, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
Dunno if you got a message the other week about the continued support of MCC Late.  Got a free month worth of xbox live added on to my subscription.. presuming this is because of the stupid amount of downtime the online multiplayer had.

Offline Late

« Reply #3033 on: January 23, 2015, 01:00:37 PM »
Yeah, I think I got something. Not sure when my Live subs go up to so can't be sure if they've actually added it yet though.

Offline jman

« Reply #3034 on: January 29, 2015, 09:12:10 AM »
GWG for February on Xbox One -

#IDARB
What the fuck is that.. looks absolutely mental  ;D ;D

In some ways I wish they would release more mainstream titles.. but then on the other hand.. at least I don't own these games  ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #3035 on: January 30, 2015, 07:48:47 AM »
Downloaded Resident Evil HD Re-master last night.. didn't even realise it had released on the X1/PS4/PC - lt's a HD Re-master of the Gamecube remake.

Its a great fucking game and one of my favourites of all time.. but the re-master is disappointing on two counts...
1) They changed the voice acting.. I can understand why, but they should of had an option to keep the original in there.
2) They kept in the door opening sequence.. again this should be an option, its not needed these days and just slows the game down.

One of the nice things is that you can use the d-pad to play instead of the analogue sticks - which just don't work with the tank controls.

Anyway, I started playing last night.. and I swear I don't remember some of the stuff... it has probably been well over 10 years since I've played.. but I thought I knew this game from back to front.  I guess I still have my original PS1 game if I ever did want to get really nostalgic about it.

Offline harv

« Reply #3036 on: January 30, 2015, 08:08:06 AM »
I loved the PS1 original, I remember me and a mate playing it and both nearly shitting ourselves when the zombie dogs jumped through the window Lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

At the time the graphics were jaw dropping too lol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #3037 on: January 30, 2015, 09:42:23 AM »
Yep, luckily I know where they jump out now lol.

For me, the highlight was playing it without a memory card on the PS1, in the dark one night.. I was doing so well.. I got up to the part where you first meet the other type of zombies (the ones that jump at you and try and lump off your head).. it was the furthest I'd ever got, met the first one.. took my time over killing it, but took too long and got my head chopped off lol.  After that I went and bought a memory card!

I also loved Resident Evil 2 - that was a great game.. Resi Evil 3 was also good but was a bit short compared to the others.. I might go back to the 360 and get RE4 finished.. I just hated the controls in that game, tank controls just don't go with dual analogue sticks.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #3038 on: January 30, 2015, 12:36:13 PM »
Having seen Wii U's going for close to £100 now, I'm tempted to grab one. There's a lot of attractive first party software there! Although I'm not sure about the 8GB of storage space. Might opt for a 32GB console if I can find one at a reasonable price.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:37:56 PM by ancelotti »

Offline jman

« Reply #3039 on: January 30, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »
There's certainly a few games I wouldn't mind giving a go.. even with the dodgy controller

But said it earlier in this thread I think.. I wont touch one until it is under £100 with a game I want bundled in.. it just wouldn't be worth it otherwise... hopefully the Tesco reduction is a sign of more discounts to come.. but I imagine its just stores clearing their stock... Nintendo cant afford to sell for that little price.. they would make no profit.

Offline harv

« Reply #3040 on: January 30, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »
Having seen Wii U's going for close to £100 now, I'm tempted to grab one. There's a lot of attractive first party software there! Although I'm not sure about the 8GB of storage space. Might opt for a 32GB console if I can find one at a reasonable price.

8GB will do you fine if you're not going to buy anything from the eShop...but if you're not going to buy anything from the eShop then you're missing out on A LOT of quality indie titles that are as cheap as chips. Just get yourself a USB hard drive for £30-40 and a Y cable and you're good to go.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3041 on: January 30, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »
Forgot to mention that if you didn't own a Wii last generation there's a shitload of cheap and top quality games to play. Most of them you've probably never even heard of:

Deadly Creatures
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
De Blob
House Of The Dead Overkill
Dead Space Extraction
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Trauma Center New Blood
Trauma Center Trauma Team
Mad World
Rayman Raving Rabbids (the very first game)
Zack & Wiki's Quest For Barbarosa's Treasure
Pro Evo
Red Steel 2
Okami
Muramasa The Demon Blade
Geometry Wars Galaxies (the entire 360 game is just ONE LEVEL of the Wii version)

Unfortunately they're upscaled to 1080p so they're Jaggie City but the sound of these games on the Wii U is greatly improved through HDMI. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #3042 on: January 31, 2015, 03:32:11 AM »
I quite fancy trying Xenoblade Chronicles, but it's bloody expensive everywhere. (And tbh I'd probably not actually get round to playing it. I've a handful of Gamecube and Wii games been sat there for years gathering dust having never been played.

Turned out Microsoft sent our lass a 1 months Gold code, and not me. Not sure what that's about. I stuck the code onto my own account, so not a problem. Runs out around August, I think.

Have downloaded IDARB, but haven't tried it yet. Doesn't look appealing, tbh, but I'll certainly give it a look at some point.

Enjoying COD:AW at the moment. The campaign was good, the multiplayer's pretty good, and the new Exo Zombies mode is fantastic fun. (That was in DLC pack #1 - released a few days ago on Xbox and in about a month's time on other platforms)

Offline harv

« Reply #3043 on: January 31, 2015, 12:03:27 PM »
Yup, it's expensive because it's quite rare. I paid £50 for mine. Going to be an investment for my brother's kids though. In 50 years time it's going to be worth A LOT. Same with Metroid Prime Trilogy too.

It's a game that you can easily spend over 100 hours playing. The game world is huge and there's loads of side quests. It's being released for the New 3DS in April too.

Offline jman

« Reply #3044 on: February 02, 2015, 09:52:59 AM »
Cant believe I've only just remembered how to burn the zombies in RE... wasted too much ammo at the start by not doing that  :-\

The hunters still managed to shit me up.. ;D  I knew when they were coming.. but there's one that waits for you to go to a specific view in a room before it shows itself that absolutely made me crap my pants as I wasn't expecting it.

Have died 3 times so far.. 2 of them were totally preventable though... (I forgot how to kill the giant shark and got killed by it + I got crushed in a room because I'm a douche lol).  I will definitely try a speed run + no save run at some point I reckon.

If I remember rightly, the secret room behind the mansion picture in the art room is the costume changing room isn't it - which is why I cant access it yet??

Hehe, just seen they have a "Jill Sandwich" achievement.. I'm playing with Chris at the moment, will definitely play with Jill straight after though
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:57:10 AM by jman »