https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662775 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3045 on: February 02, 2015, 09:42:48 PM »
Finished first run through of RE.. 9hrs and 52m lol.. 22 saves.. pretty pansy really.. will go through with Jill on the next difficulty up... I didn't bother saving Rebecca or Jill with Chris lol.. well I fucked up Rebecca early on...and there's an achievement for not saving anyone.. so I couldn't be fucked with Jill... I also didn't save Richard with that fucking serum lol.

So I've unlocked Real Survivor Mode - basically the same as hard mode.. but the item boxes are not linked.. which is tough.
There is also an Invisible Enemy Mode - fuck that lol!!!
There's an achievement for completing the game in under 3 hrs  :o
And also one for not saving - so would make sense to do that with the 3hr or less one..

Edit : I only realised after I wrote this post last night that I actually completed the game on Easy difficulty.. LOL.. I thought it was a tad easy - I had so many unused medicine supplies left over and tons of ammo.. ashamed that I actually died 4 times now  ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:41:02 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #3046 on: February 03, 2015, 06:10:16 PM »
The original game didn't have difficulty levels. The difficulty was dependant on which character you choose to play with. Chris was more difficult than playing with Jill. Is that not the case with the remake..?

The best game as far as difficulty is concerned was the first Max Payne game. The game adjusts things such as enemy accuracy and damage so that the game remains challenging no matter how good or how bad you are at playing the game. I'm surprised that more games in the industry didn't follow with this design choice tbh.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #3047 on: February 03, 2015, 08:32:43 PM »
I believe the original game is the "Normal" mode... when the Original Directors Cut came out, that had a few difficulty levels.. but the Gamecube remake changed it all.. and the re-master is just an HD version of the remake.  The game isn't any harder or easier with Chris or Jill.  Jill has more inventory space but Chris has more health.. Jill has access to the grenade launcher.. but Chris starts with a lighter.

The reason I thought I was playing on normal mode was because the remake asks you a stupid question at the start.. something like.. how would you walk up a mountain.. One was a "walk".. one was a "brisk walk" and one was a "hike"... I thought "hike" was Hard mode.. so went for the middle difficulty.. but it turns out the options translate to "Very Easy", "Easy" and "Normal"...

Now I've completed that level.. I've unlocked the "Once Again" mode.. which allows you to pick the difficulty but with the words "Very Easy", "Easy", "Normal" and "Hard"

When you've completed Chris + Jill on Normal or Above you'll unlock the Real Survivor Mode.. which is basically "Hard" but the item boxes are not linked... sounds pretty tough.. unsure I will be able to stomach playing the game so many times to get all the achievements.. I reckon I'll need to go through the game at least 7 more times to do that.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:35:06 PM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #3048 on: February 06, 2015, 09:27:21 AM »
Back to Halo for a few days before starting second run of RE..

Up to 273 achievements now..will be aiming to finish Halo 1 of par times/skulls & terminals tonight.. and then I'll be starting on Halo 4 and doing the same... then I'll start having a look at the new Spartan Ops achievments they added.  2290 GS - 46% through the list lol., I reckon I can get 75% done.. some of them are just not worth while doing though..

Offline Late

« Reply #3049 on: February 06, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »
I need to get back to Halo at some point, but I'm in no rush. Still got a backlog to work through.
Thoroughly enjoying COD's recent DLC. Killing zombies rarely gets staid.
Finally got round to taking the cellophane off Zoo Tycoon and installing it a couple of weeks ago, and whilst I've not actually played it yet I have watched the kids do a bit and it looks okay. Will definitely give it a look soon.
Still haven't tried out Alien Isolation. Must play that one soon.
Have played a bit of the Battlefield Hardline Beta the last couple of nights. I haven't much of a clue what I'm doing and my K:D is absolutely horrendous (something like 1:5!), but I've still enjoyed it. Wouldn't fancy paying forty-odd quid for it, though - especially when lots of folk seem to be saying it's just a re-skinned Battlefield 4 and should've just been released as DLC for that.

Haven't tried #IDARB yet, but I get the impression it's the sort of game best played locally with a load of friends. (Convenient if you've got a load of friends living nearby, and lots of spare xbox one controllers. Not so much if you don't...) Will give it a look at some point - but as is the case with most of the games with gold, it'll probably be a quick look and then never played again after that first hour or so.
Not to complain. Free's free...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #3050 on: February 09, 2015, 12:51:19 PM »
Blimey- it's amazing what you can do with Unreal 4 - if you have a decent pc.

The below link takes you to a stunning demo which lets you walk around a beautiful apartment set in Paris.
This isn't a game, just a demonstration of the capability of Unreal 4's Engine.

Runs at 60fps if your PC has the horsepower:
benoitdereau.com

Below is a gif someone made using the above demo. (I've linked rather than embed it, as it's a large file.)
Gif

Credit to "fluidz" on hukd who brought it to my attention.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3051 on: February 09, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
That's pretty impressive..  :o

Had a look through Febs update for the Xbox One.. apparently there's a controller update which requires linking to the console via USB.. I'll have to sort that out later this month.

But seen every game now has it's own dedicated GameHub.. I checked out my Halo one.. (it probably already had a gamehub but had not checked it out before).. apparently I've put in 94 hours already.. eek... not sure if that includes idle time as well though.. i.e. the game is running but you are on the dashboard.

Finally past the half way point in terms of GS in the MCC achievement list.. just got a few par-times and terminals on H4 to finish off, and that will do for the time-being.. back to RE I think then.  Keep forgetting there are achievements for playing the single player portion on certain days of the month... I'll just put them on here in a bid to remind myself to play them on that day (I know you can change the internal clock of the xbox one.. but I cant be arsed.)

Halo 4 - 6th of the month.
Halo 2 - 9th of the month.
Halo CE - 15th of the month.
Halo 3 - 25th of the month.

Offline Late

« Reply #3052 on: February 09, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »
Had a look through Febs update for the Xbox One.. apparently there's a controller update which requires linking to the console via USB.. I'll have to sort that out later this month.

The controller update is sweet. It was a little irritating how long it took to turn on and sync with the console before, but that time has been cut from 5 seconds to just 2.

I can't remember if you have a play & charge kit, but if you don't have one you can update the controller using any old micro USB cable.

Had a quick look at hubs a month or two back when it first appeared on the preview program but it didn't seem to show anything that wasn't already available, but I'll have another look some time.

Have just stuck another year onto my Gold subs, so it now goes to the back end of August 2016. £22-ish from cdkeys.
While I was logged into my xbox account I saw I bought The Lego Movie Game between xmas and new year. I'd completely forgotten I'd bought that one! Was unsure what to play starting from tonight (assuming the Battlefield Hardline beta has now ended) and was torn between trying Alien Isolation, trying Zoo Tycoon, or going back to Halo - but now there's another game to throw into the mix... :D
TBH I think I'll go with Alien first.

Offline harv

« Reply #3053 on: February 09, 2015, 06:48:43 PM »
Have they fixed the online yet for Halo..? Most of those 94 hours would have been wasted waiting for an online game, wouldn't they..? :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3054 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »
They sorted that ages ago.. most of it has been the single player campaign...

I've been through each campaign on heroic difficulty.. went through Halo 2 on legendary difficulty too, and I've been through each one on Easy difficulty doing speed-runs (just a few more missions on H4 to finish that off).

The controller update is sweet. It was a little irritating how long it took to turn on and sync with the console before, but that time has been cut from 5 seconds to just 2.

I can't remember if you have a play & charge kit, but if you don't have one you can update the controller using any old micro USB cable.

Keep forgetting I can use the play & charge cable as the usb cable..  ;D ;D  Updated it last night.

Offline jman

« Reply #3055 on: February 11, 2015, 09:30:38 AM »
Just been announced that Bethesda will be holding their first E3 conference this year Link

That means the new Doom will be shown.. good news  but enough for them to do a E3 presser.. probably not.. wonder if it means there will be a new Fallout  :o  or even better another Elder Scrolls  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3056 on: February 11, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »
I would love another Fallout. I'm still pissed off that Ian Livingstone and the other 3 staff in his Acquisitions Department at Eidos thought that Escape From Bug Island was a great idea and turned their noses up at both Fallout 3 and Bioshock. You really couldn't make it up >:( :'(

Offline harv

« Reply #3057 on: February 11, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »
Also a real shame that we won't see it for the Wii U, having a Pip-Boy in the palm of your hands would be unbelievably awesome :(

Offline Late

« Reply #3058 on: February 12, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »
Yeah, but it's not worth the cost of the development, as you won't make the money back even if both Wii U owners buy the game...

;)

Have played a bit of The Lego Movie Game or whatever it's called, and I'm just not feeling it. Which is strange, as I love the Lego games and I loved the Lego Movie. Have played about one level a night for three nights. It's going to take a long while at that rate...

Installed Alien Isolation last night. As is usually the way on the xb1, it didn't wait until fully installed before letting you play. At about 35% installation it told me I'm good to go.
So I did. And I ended up walking around corridors with no textures, just the occasional person or object floating there, and lots of invisible walls.
Ditched it for a few hours, and it was fine when I went back to it after full installation. Was pretty funny, but it's a bit ridiculous that the game tells you you can play it before it's installed the textures for the first area of the game.

The game seems pretty good so far, but I've not yet got to the aliens.
I like that there's an option during initial set up, to have the kinect sound sensor affect gameplay - so if you make a noise in your front room the aliens might hear it. I actually disabled that feature (mainly because the wife and kids are noisy buggers, and the spirit of the feature is surely to capture noises you yourself make) but I like that it's there. Might turn it on and see if I can draw the Aliens toward me with a loud fart. #justblokethings

Offline jman

« Reply #3059 on: February 13, 2015, 08:48:07 AM »
Downloaded The Escapists on Xbox One.. its been out in beta for a while on PC.. but full release is today.. bit cheaper on PC.. but being on Xbox One is more convenient for me.. so don't mind paying a few quid more..

Looks funny, and it does remind me a bit of Skool Daze.. absolutely.. and I loved that game.. looking forward to playing it this weekend.