https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662966 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3090 on: March 04, 2015, 07:09:48 PM »
That's better lol :o ;D

It was 50% a few years ago, that's why loads of developers didn't go near it.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #3091 on: March 05, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »
EA have shut down Maxis... no more Sim City then !  :o

Offline harv

« Reply #3092 on: March 05, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »
Really..?!?!? :o

Didn't The Sims used to print money for them..? :-\

Oh well, no great loss, it was a game for girls anyway lol ;D

Going to take my phone with me next time I'm able to go out and take some pics of tree bark and brickwork, plus a few street lights and traffic signs etc. Am going to start on a zombie game using GameGuru using my own models. 8) ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #3093 on: March 05, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »
Rock Band 4 is coming this year, to xb1 and ps4.
Old instruments should all work (though new ones will also be available) - and dlc songs you bought for your last gen console should also be available to download for free.

Great result! :D
(Provided I still have my old instruments. I think they're still around here somewhere.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3094 on: March 06, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »
Well apparently they are still supporting The Sims 4.. but I think EA were disappointed with The Sims 4 sales along with the troubled SimCity.. so they decided to close Maxis for good.  I think its a shame really.. I enjoyed playing The Sims with my video game-phobic missus.. something that we could both play together... and I've wasted so much time on the SimCity franchise.. Sim City 3000 probably being the main culprit.

Rock Band 4 is coming this year, to xb1 and ps4.

I never bought a Rock Band game.. I bought into Guitar Hero instead as it was first to market and continued to buy those games.. even though Rock Band to me sounded like it had a much better system than Guitar Hero (i.e. importing songs).  I think these games have lost their legs a little bit these days.. there's no more innovation there... although ardent fans will definitely snap them up.

Offline harv

« Reply #3095 on: March 06, 2015, 09:44:09 AM »
Unfortunately they milked these sort of games to death. There was a new guitar game being released every five minutes it seemed like.

You're better off getting a proper guitar and Rocksmith imo. Much more useful.

Offline harv

« Reply #3096 on: March 06, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
And that's the PC SKU, best to learn to play the thousands of custom songs out there imo.

Offline Late

« Reply #3097 on: March 06, 2015, 12:43:00 PM »
Screw that. It has its place but I don't want to learn to play the guitar for real. I want to play pretend instruments with the kids, and Rock Band is perfect for that.
The market was definitely over saturated for a while, but there hasn't been a music rhythm game in almost a decade now so this is overdue.

Also announced late yesterday - Elite Dangerous is coming to consoles. Will be a timed exclusive to xb1 (ps4 will follow at some point) and the developers insist none of the features of the PC version will be cut. Sounds good. Loved Elite back in the day, and Elite Dangerous looks great.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3098 on: March 06, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »
Will be getting it for the PC I think. Valve and HTC are getting together to release a VR system this year. Need to upgrade my PC first though. Oculus is taking too long and the PS4 and Xbox One aren't powerful enough to do VR systems any justice.

Elite Dangerous HAS to be played in VR.

Should have 355 quid going spare in May/June because of the way I pay my rent whenever I'm out of work and receiving benefits, I'm surprised that everyone doesn't do it to be honest. The council pay all my rent, but the way the payments and the calendar work out there's 10 months where I get two fortnightly payments and 2 months where I get three fortnightly payments. For 12 months of the year I make up the difference by paying £30 towards my rent every fortnight, including those two months (which are split 6 months apart). Those 30 quid payments add up to 710 quid per year, meaning I get to keep a fortnightly payment of my Housing Benefit to myself every 6 months.

It's a very easy way for people on benefits to save money.

Going to lend that £355 to my Mum so she can do some Bonus Bagging for me, she should be able to triple it I reckon.

Offline Late

« Reply #3099 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:12 AM »
All three map packs for Titanfall are now available for free (on both 360 and One).
Very nice. I already had the first pack. Have now added the second and third via xbox.com and will hopefully check them out some time soon.

Offline Late

« Reply #3100 on: March 11, 2015, 12:44:41 PM »
Dragon Age Inquisition is free for 7 days on xbox One (started last night, I think) - will lock up after that point, but you'll keep any progress and achievements on your account. The game is also currently reduced on Deals With Gold.
Will have to give that a look.
I'm not sure of the terms, but I think you're limited to only 6 hours of play, or something like that - so don't be thinking you can complete it for free ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #3101 on: March 11, 2015, 09:37:04 PM »
I didn't expect the Dragon Age Inquisition!!! :o ;D :P

Offline Late

« Reply #3102 on: March 11, 2015, 11:19:07 PM »
Nobody does

Offline jman

« Reply #3103 on: March 12, 2015, 08:01:54 AM »
Played the first Dragon Age on the 360 for about 1 hour.. absolutely hated it...

Offline Late

« Reply #3104 on: March 12, 2015, 10:16:36 AM »
Started downloading it last night, but it was slow going.