https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662846 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3105 on: March 12, 2015, 01:27:19 PM »
Nobody does

No one!!!! No one expects the Dragon Age Inquisition!!!!!!

You've got to do it properly lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3106 on: March 12, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »
You sure? It was before I was born, but I'm pretty sure it's "nobody", not "no one".
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3107 on: March 12, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »
I think so...but then again I am getting on a bit so my memory is kind of foggy sometimes lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3108 on: March 12, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »
Oops, my bad...you were right. Just watched both of them on YouTube. Still very funny all these years later ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #3109 on: March 13, 2015, 11:40:51 AM »
It comes as no surprise, but Respawn have announced Titanfall 2 is in development.
Expected to be multiplatform (unless Microsoft break the bank to get exclusivity again, but that's probably unlikely).
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3110 on: March 13, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »
Gateway have FINALLY released their exploit for the New 3DS. It's a savegame exploit for Ocarina Of Time 3D, silly sods should have released this in December last year when they discovered it, they've lost out on A LOT of people forking out on Sky3DS flashcarts instead between then and now. :o

Offline jman

« Reply #3111 on: March 16, 2015, 07:48:23 AM »
It comes as no surprise, but Respawn have announced Titanfall 2 is in development.
Expected to be multiplatform (unless Microsoft break the bank to get exclusivity again, but that's probably unlikely).

Awesome news.. I think they should stick a single player mode in personally though... it could be one of the best games in the last decade if done right.

I've been catching up a bit on Defense Grid 2 over the weekend... beating a lot of your scores along the way - its not hard though  :P  Think I'm up to around 70ish individual gold medals.. its just bollocks that each gold medal has to be done on a separate stage (rather than difficultly).. some of the game modes are just so boring and uninteresting (power outage/focal point) and some are just so easy (practice/fully loaded)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:51:39 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #3112 on: March 16, 2015, 03:22:54 PM »
Lego Jurassic Park been announced Link

Where is my frickin Back To The Future one!!!  >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #3113 on: March 17, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
Nintendo announced "NX" today.. new hardware...probably no real information for another year.... dunno if its even a new console or handheld.. probably console seeing how bad the Wii U is doing. Link

Also Nintendo going into partnership with iPhone..  I never intend to own an apple product and I don't intend to own another Nintendo product again.. so its a good fit in my sense.

Offline harv

« Reply #3114 on: March 17, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »
It'll be a new handheld, probably released in November/December next year. And Nintendo will release the next home console a year later. And you can expect the PS5 and Xbox [insert name here] to be released the year after that. We're going back to a bog standard 5/6 year home console lifespan again.

Offline jman

« Reply #3115 on: March 17, 2015, 05:46:59 PM »
Never been interested in KickStarter or pledged any money to anything..

But a new ToeJam & Earl game.. wow.. I'm very tempted!!
Link

Offline Late

« Reply #3116 on: March 18, 2015, 09:24:47 AM »
...you can expect the PS5 and Xbox [insert name here] to be released [2018]

I'll file that prediction in the same drawer as all your other predictions. I say "drawer". It's a small wicker basket in the corner of the room, and gets emptied regularly.

Offline jman

« Reply #3117 on: March 18, 2015, 10:42:34 AM »
lol.. I don't know where he gets this stuff from sometimes.. its like his brain has diarrhea  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3118 on: March 18, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
We're not going to have another 8 year long generation. Last generation was a bit of a freak one. It's back to a traditional 5/6 years one again this generation and all other generations going forward. Nintendo will release their next home console in 2017, the next consoles from Sony and Microsoft will release a year later. There's no way that Sony and Microsoft will wait until 2020/2021 to release a new home console when Nintendo's new machine has been on shop shelves for 3/4 years. No chance.

Offline Late

« Reply #3119 on: March 18, 2015, 12:29:12 PM »
I'd say there's more weight in the predictions that the current or next generation will be the last ever generation, than in any argument that we'll see the release of the next Sony/Microsoft consoles as soon as 2018.
And I don't have much faith in that particular prediction.

If Nintendo were to bring a new console out in 2017 (unlikely) it won't incite MS or Sony to release early. Nintendo's new console would probably be about as powerful as a ps4, but with no games other than Mario Kart 12 or whatever number they're up to - and that'd only come out two years after the console. But of course they'll have the facilities in place for you to re-purchase your favourite classic games in the meantime, so you can pay yet again for the games you've already bought.

No, I don't think we'll see a new console release from MS/Sony before 2020. And if Nintendo are coming up with something "new" some time soon it'll be a product that they've already released but in a new colour or with a new ram-pack screwed onto it or some such typical Nintendo bollocks.