https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663086 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3135 on: March 31, 2015, 12:44:47 PM »
Linear isn't always bad. In the last week or so I've replayed both Portal games (for about the fifth time each), and they're about as linear as it gets. Love those two games. I know everyone's keen for Half Life 3 but I'd personally much prefer Valve made Portal 3.

I'll probably play through the three Bioshock games again soon, too. I started the first one on the pc a few months ago but I much prefer to use controller than kb/mouse (I know kb/mouse has a lot of advantages, but it's just what I'm used to) and my controller wouldn't work on the old pc for some reason.

Mostly been playing FTL (on pc) this last month or so. Have got over 80 hours racked up on it, and have completed it lots of times, but there's so much more to do. Have completed it with less than half of the ships available, and I hope to complete it with each and every one of them - and the different ships require different approaches and strategies. Very good game (though rather hard - I still occasionally resort to "savescumming" - backing up my save file from time to time, when the game's supposed to be a rogue-like).
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3136 on: April 01, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »
Some bird at work plays FTL every single lunchtime.. TBH, I'm not a massive rogue-like fan.. although there are some exceptions...but this one doesn't appeal at all.. its rather a geeky game for you late ;)

I downloaded the DLC for Peggle 2 last night as a very short distraction.. admittedly they should of been included in the full game.. but for £3.20 for both sets.. its not a massive deal because the extra 20 levels + 20 challenges are quite fun.  They won't take long to complete but I forgot how enjoyable I found the game.  If you are to get one.. I'd recommend Jimmy's one as being better.. the "boing" sound effects are great lol.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:55:46 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #3137 on: April 01, 2015, 09:08:56 AM »
.. its rather a geeky game for you late ;)

I've been known to change the characters' names (Kirk or Picard for the captain, Scotty or LaForge for the person in the engine room, etc.)  :-[ ;D

(Usually I just change their names to "Engines", "Shields", "Helm" etc. though - makes life more simple.)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3138 on: April 01, 2015, 09:37:13 AM »
Blimey, Sony have made a very poor attempt at an April Fool's joke ;D

PlayStation Flow, if you're playing a game with a swimming section you can wear gear to continue the game in the pool lol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3139 on: April 01, 2015, 12:43:43 PM »
Heh - I saw that one, and pointed out the dangers here. ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #3140 on: April 01, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
The best video game related April Fool's joke ever has to be the cyberpunk Zelda one. It had concept art and everything and looked fantastic. Epona was a motorbike and the Master Sword was a light saber. Still pisses me off that it wasn't real :'(

And the best non-April Fool's joke has to be Predator football boots. They were announced on 1st April years ago in the national newspapers, boots designed to put extra curve on the ball had April Fool written all over it. Was gobsmacked that it was real lmfao ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3141 on: April 01, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »
Woo hoo!!!

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is out and about, am downloading it now. One of the best games released last gen, can't wait to play it again in Glorious 3D-O-Vision. 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #3142 on: April 02, 2015, 03:21:49 AM »
I liked the look of the steam machine announced yesterday.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/iljn/?pfm=HP_FeaturedProducts_4_iljn

Offline harv

« Reply #3143 on: April 02, 2015, 08:13:54 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3144 on: April 02, 2015, 05:09:46 PM »
Ooh! Elite Dangerous is on Steam! £39.99...might wait for it to go on offer but I'm VERY tempted.

Offline jman

« Reply #3145 on: April 03, 2015, 09:39:19 PM »
Finished the Peggle 2 DLC.. only took a few days.. but it was good to jump back on that again.

Got WatchDogs on Friday.. played for an hour or two.. its ok.. it doesn't seem to stand out much though.. the whole phone hacking and stuff.. its not that interesting so far.

Played PoolNationFx.. its a bit boring to be honest - but I think pool/snooker are not the most exciting games to play on the computer.  Its got tons of modes.. but they are ultimately all the same game with modified rules.. I think there are trickshots and stuff to do in the game... but I only played for about an hour before getting bored.

And got Sunset Overdrive in the post today, played for an hour this evening and enjoying it so far.. funny script with some entertaining moments.. its basically Crackdown fused with Jet Set Radio.. both great games in their own rights.. can see myself getting hooked on this.. especially with the collectibles and shit.

Lego Hobbit on digital sale for £12.80.. not sure I can justify another game now.. dammit!

Offline harv

« Reply #3146 on: April 03, 2015, 11:19:41 PM »
Forgot how amazing Xenoblade Chronicles is. Am about 6 hours in so around another 60 hours to finish the story and I'll probably spend another 120 hours or so just exploring the beautiful world. Everything about the game is of the highest standard you can imagine - the story, the world, the music and sound. All top-notch.

The game starts off with two Titans fighting, a biological entity called Bionis and a mechanical entity called Mechonis. They end up fighting for millennia and eventually kill each other. Then the world and its inhabitants evolve on top of the entities' dead forms. Such a great idea for the setting of a game.

Offline Late

« Reply #3147 on: April 08, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »
Great to see "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided" revealed today :D
I loved Deus Ex Human Revolution. Apart from the boss fights (which were subcontracted out, and a mess - but done properly for a "directors cut" later) and the "multiple endings" (which didn't take into account any choices you'd made throughout the game - it was simply a case of picking one of three options at the end) it was one of my favourite games of the last generation. The new game is looking great.
https://youtu.be/uvSs5b6y-YM

Offline jman

« Reply #3148 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »
The more I play Sunset Overdrive.. the more I love the game.

Still think the Overdrives and Amps feel a bit tacked on.. and don't really change much in terms of gameplay.. but when you get used to grinding, bouncing, wall running, the game becomes much more fun to play.  And with tons of collectibles, (600+) and plenty of time challenges, there is enough to do.  I've moved onto the 3rd area of the map now.. the story is pretty funny with the character's self-awareness at its best.. and whilst the missions are all very repetitive find-destroy missions.. the core gameplay along with the story is enough to deal with this.  Its a brilliant time-waster that's for sure.

Offline Late

« Reply #3149 on: April 20, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »
Star Wars Battlefront is looking absolutely stunning.
Youtube
Would've been nice to see actual gameplay, but there's plenty of time between now and its release this xmas, and this footage (all made with frostbite) is incredible.

I ordered Final Fantasy Type-0 HD today (£18.95 at thegamecollection).
Haven't actually played on the xbox in well over a month - still absorbed with playing some of my steam games on the new pc.
I do like a bit of FF, though, and there should be the demo for FF15, too - and the kids might play this, as well.
("Kids". Not sure what age you stop calling them that. My eldest turned 18 a month or so back... Damn but that makes me feel old!)