https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663043 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3150 on: April 20, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
I'm still waiting for them to continue the Jedi Knight franchise. Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were the two best.Star Wars games ever released.

And I still can't believe that they didn't release a decent Star Wars game with 1:1 light saber controls. The nearest anyone came was Ubisoft with Red Steel 2. Substitute the Wild West location with a Star Wars location, Wild West weapons for Star Wars weapons, Samurai powers with Force powers and the Samurai Sword with a light saber and you would have seen the best Star Wars game EVER!!! :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3151 on: April 21, 2015, 04:08:44 PM »
Sunset Overdrive pre-owned £13.99.
Tempting, but like I say - I've not actually played on the console for a long while, and I've already ordered one game this month. (Plus there's the GWG freebies for the last month or two, yet to be played. And I never really got Halo MCC played - I only did something like a quarter of the first game. And I don't think I got very far through The Lego Movie. And I haven't yet picked up the latest COD map pack - always worth it just for the zombies levels. Oh - I also got sent that SMITE alpha invite about three weeks ago. Haven't tried that out yet either. Not sure if it's still active tbh.)
gamescentre

Edit - oh, just remembered I also have "Kinect Sports Rivals" and "Lords of the Fallen" that I bought digitally two or three months back and haven't yet looked at.
Too many games, not enough time.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:23:15 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3152 on: April 21, 2015, 06:11:35 PM »
Xbox One has no gaems... :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #3153 on: April 21, 2015, 06:14:04 PM »
But Wii U has loads of Gayms?
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3154 on: April 21, 2015, 06:22:59 PM »
It does as it goes, just none from third parties lololol :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #3155 on: April 21, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »

Offline jman

« Reply #3156 on: April 21, 2015, 07:58:49 PM »
If you liked the first Crackdown late, you'll like Sunset Overdrive I think.

The repetitive missions do "grind" a bit.. heh.. but overall its a very playable time waster with loads to do in it.

Certainly beating everything else out of my machine at the moment.

Offline Late

« Reply #3157 on: April 22, 2015, 12:54:10 AM »
Yeah, I didn't much fancy it from the adverts and reviews but I played it when they made it free for a weekend and enjoyed it, so I'm sure I'd enjoy the full game. I'll hold off for now, and maybe get it at some point in the future.

Offline jman

« Reply #3158 on: April 22, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »
Wolfenstein : The Old Blood prequel set to release in May.

Might have to snap that up, I quite liked the first one..

Offline harv

« Reply #3159 on: April 22, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »
The third one you mean..? :P

Offline Late

« Reply #3160 on: April 22, 2015, 09:38:56 AM »
Yeah, I'm tempted by that, too.
The only down side is I really enjoyed the alternative 60s setting (with German versions of Yellow Submarine & House of the Rising Sun, news clippings about the war and the resistance throughout the 40s and 50s, etc.), and will miss all that.
Can't argue with the price, either. I think it's £14.99 most places. Cheapest looks to be £12.06 at videogamebox (listed at £12.70 but use code 'VGBDISCOUNT' to knock 5% off). They're probably perfectly fine but I've not used them before so can't personally vouch for them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:37:20 PM by Late »

Offline Late

« Reply #3161 on: April 22, 2015, 12:42:17 PM »
Big new patch for Halo MCC today - seems to be mainly aimed at tracking and punishing quitters and betrayers.

343 also announced ODST will be added to the Collection (no extra cost) in May.

halowaypoint.com

Offline jman

« Reply #3162 on: April 22, 2015, 01:44:28 PM »
Haven't been on Halo MCC for a while.. nice to see a release date for ODST though.. its by far the worst campaign to play through in terms of fun and it didn't really do much for multiplayer.. but I'll probably go back to the game when it releases.. worth while playing through it another time.

Offline Late

« Reply #3163 on: April 23, 2015, 03:47:33 PM »
The new Mad Max trailer looks great.

youtube

This wasn't supposed to happen. It's a game tie-in of a film remake. It has disaster written all over it, and yet it looks really good!

Offline Late

« Reply #3164 on: April 29, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »
Xbox games with gold for May:

Xbox One CastleStorm: Definitive Edition
Xbox 360 Mafia II
Xbox 360 F1 2013

Sony PS+ games in May:

Ether One (PS4)
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)