https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662767 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3210 on: May 27, 2015, 06:14:10 PM »
Of course the graphics card has hdmi. I ain't going to put the pc in the front room, though, and I don't want a cable or two trailing across two rooms.
Steam Link is reported to be effectively lag-free. Sounds good to me. Especially as I don't really play Steam games on online multiplayer.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3211 on: May 28, 2015, 08:01:39 AM »
Halo vs. Call of Duty

Very funny.. definitely give it a watch!

Offline harv

« Reply #3212 on: May 28, 2015, 05:07:14 PM »
Lmfao, that must have been a real blast to shoot lololol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3213 on: May 28, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
 8) :D Especially loved the supply drop, and the bit with Captain Price.

June's Games With Gold:
Massive Chalice (xb1)
Just Cause 2 (xb360)
Thief (xb360)

June's Playstation Plus:
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita)
Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3214 on: May 31, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
Bloody hell, Splatoon is addictive as crack cocaine lol :o ;D

Looks great, the colours really pop and it's fast as fuck. Games last around 3 minutes and it's 4v4. The aim of the game is to paint more of the map than your opponents. You kill them by splatting them with paint. Only 5 maps so far and you only have two maps available at a time with those maps changing every 4 hours. It's actually quite a clever design choice because it makes you want to check in on the game regularly to see what maps are available, and it's VERY easy to continue playing once you start because the games are over so quickly - you end up in the 'Right...just one more go, and that's it!!!' situation again and again lol :o ;D

Nintendo are onto another winner here, sold out quickly in Japan, hopefully it's going to sell well here in the West too.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #3215 on: May 31, 2015, 05:04:17 PM »
Probably won't sell all that well, as it's on a dead platform...

[/bait]

Offline harv

« Reply #3216 on: May 31, 2015, 05:39:01 PM »
 :P

Offline harv

« Reply #3217 on: May 31, 2015, 05:44:45 PM »
Going to be interesting to see whether it keeps the same online presence that Mario Kart 8 has later on down the line, I reckon it might do because the game is A LOT of fun and will continue to get more content released down the line, and for free too.

Offline jman

« Reply #3218 on: June 01, 2015, 08:00:11 AM »
Much love for the Wolfenstein prequel here.. started playing it at the weekend.. and its basically more of the same.. less puzzles, but more action!  Plus it has Zombie Nazis which I'll never tire of killing  ;D  Will definitely 100% this game.. I do love a bit of Wolfy  ;D

This one also has 8 "Nightmare" levels instead of just the 3, which is awesome sauce.  That's where you go back into playing a slightly altered original version of Castle Wolfenstein.. those fucking dogs still scare the shit out of me  ;D  I hope when Doom is finally remade, they put something like this in there.

£10 definitely well spent.. highly recommend.. especially if you got any sort of enjoyment out of the first one

Offline harv

« Reply #3219 on: June 01, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
Castle Wolfenstein was amazing back in the day. The very first FPS game ever created. Have a homebrew version on my Wii that I had A LOT of fun with. Although most youngsters would struggle to play any FPS game without crappy auto-regenerating health and aim assist. Bloody whippersnappers >:(

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!! :o ;D :P

Offline Late

« Reply #3220 on: June 02, 2015, 11:54:28 AM »
XCOM 2 is coming November 2015. PC only (though I'd imagine it'll hit consoles in 2016).
I can't wait. I loved the xcom games back in the day, and the reboot a couple of years ago was fantastic.
This time the aliens have all-but taken control of Earth, and XCOM are the resistance.
XCOM2 - youtube

There's also a new trailer for Tomb Raider.
Not much to see tbh.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - youtube

Offline Late

« Reply #3221 on: June 02, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »
Fallout 4 to be announced tomorrow?
There's a countdown timer appeared on the Fallout website, due to reach zero at 3pm BST tomorrow.

I love E3 season :D

Offline harv

« Reply #3222 on: June 02, 2015, 06:00:15 PM »
Just realised that Splatoon hasn't had any need of a patch yet. It's still on version 1.0.0. That's the difference between first party Nintendo efforts and first party games from other platform holders and third party developers.

I'm really liking the nice little design touches in Splatoon, my favourite is that the sound and music drops down a few notches when you go into squid form and submerge yourself into the ink. Only a small thing but it's pretty cool. 8)

Had a good couple of games last night, am averaging the third best score out of the four in my team but had a few where I ended up in second place. ;D

This game is REALLY addictive, probably down to the games being so fast to play and so short. They're just 3 minutes long and the time goes REALLY quickly, very easy to say, 'RIGHT. Just ONE more go, and THAT'S IT!!!'...and then sink another half hour into it lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3223 on: June 02, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »
I had to big myself up, didn't I..? Just had a few games and got seriously pwned lololol :o ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #3224 on: June 03, 2015, 07:40:07 AM »
Fallout 4 to be announced tomorrow?
There's a countdown timer appeared on the Fallout website, due to reach zero at 3pm BST tomorrow.

I love E3 season :D

Awesome Sauce... Strange they didn't wait until E3.. but heavy rumours were floating around and perhaps they thought they'd get in there before a leak.. or perhaps its being released soon?

Just realised that Splatoon hasn't had any need of a patch yet. It's still on version 1.0.0. That's the difference between first party Nintendo efforts and first party games from other platform holders and third party developers.

Funny that I read today that version 1.2.0 of Splatoon was released yesterday.. lololol.. you do talk a load of shit don't you.