https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663046 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3225 on: June 03, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »
Fallout 4 to be announced tomorrow?
There's a countdown timer appeared on the Fallout website, due to reach zero at 3pm BST tomorrow.

I love E3 season :D

Awesome Sauce... Strange they didn't wait until E3.. but heavy rumours were floating around and perhaps they thought they'd get in there before a leak.. or perhaps its being released soon?
Tis weird bearing in mind Bethesda are having their own presser at the conference. Everyone assumed that was mainly to announce Fallout 4 but now they appear to be revealing their biggest news a fortnight early? What have they got planned for their press conference, then?
Unless this is just counting down to something lame, like a page saying "Fallout News Coming Sunday June 14th..."
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3226 on: June 03, 2015, 09:26:25 AM »
Fallout 3 + Fallout New Vegas HD Remastered perhaps ??  ;D ;D

If its not Fallout 4 - Bethesda can get fucked..  :'(  Personally I think it will be a teaser with no gameplay footage.. a proper trailer will be shown at E3.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:28:13 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #3227 on: June 03, 2015, 09:53:32 AM »
Could be right. I just bought Fallout NV last week so of course they'll announce a remaster now  ;D

(Actually, I think it was about a month ago. On Steam. Haven't had a look at it yet.)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3228 on: June 03, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »
You haven't played New Vegas yet ?  Slacking mate! 

Shame that my memory of F:NV is marred by the multitude of bugs and glitches it had.. but I did enjoy playing it.

Offline harv

« Reply #3229 on: June 03, 2015, 10:44:45 AM »
It wasn't when I posted that, and it wasn't there later that night. I just applied the patch this morning ;)

The waiting time in the Lobby is pretty good so far, on average you're looking at around 30 seconds worth of waiting between games. The worst I've seen so far is around 50 seconds.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3230 on: June 03, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »
You haven't played New Vegas yet ?  Slacking mate! 
Played a little bit of Fallout 3 back in March 2010, and didn't take to it. I only got 40 gamerscore. If memory serves I was in a bunker, made it outside, and got no further - wasn't enjoying it.
To be fair, I probably didn't give it enough of a try. Was the only Fallout game I've played, so I was in no rush to buy New Vegas. Decided to stick it in my steam backlog when I saw it going for a quid or two, though.
Was similar with Elder Scrolls. I didn't take to Oblivion at all - but perhaps didn't give it enough of a try. Bought Skyrim when I saw it cheap, and ended up playing it for months - was one of my favourite games of the last generation.

Currently replaying the Arkham games, ahead of the new one coming out in a couple of weeks' time. I've done Asylum, and am about a quarter of the way though City. (I won't bother with Origins. Ironic, really, as I've already played Asylum and City on the 360, but have only played about 10% of Origins. But it's not Rocksteady, and just didn't seem all that good.)

Bought "Trivial Pursuit Live" on the One yesterday - reduced from £12 to £6. So another for the backlog. Maybe a waste of money, given I've not played on the console in over three months, but I've got about fifty quid xbox credit on my account, and one of the kids mentioned a month or two back that she's never played Trivial Pursuit but would like to, so what the hey...

Offline jman

« Reply #3231 on: June 03, 2015, 03:11:04 PM »
Fallout 4 announced
Websites down.. but trailer is running on their twitch feed - and on youtube
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:12:56 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #3232 on: June 04, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »
Fucking hell :o :o :o

I've just got 6 kills and only 1 death in Splatoon :o ;D 8)

For me this is completely unheard of. I'm the Leroy Jenkins of TPS and FPS games lol. Team still lost though. :(

This game is ridiculously addictive, probably the most fun I've had with an online game. So much so that unlike every other video game with an online component I have hardly touched the single player game. Normally I complete the single player game before looking at online play but I've only done three levels of it so far.

My squid thingummybob is on level 10 at the moment so I've been able to have a look at ranked matches, played 2 and lost 2 lol
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3233 on: June 06, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
Now on level 13. I'm seeing if I can go a whole day and night without playing the game and it's VERY difficult to resist. :o

Offline harv

« Reply #3234 on: June 07, 2015, 04:29:10 PM »
Have just gone from a ranking of C- to C in the Ranked Battle mode. The normal online games are Turf War games where you need to paint more turf your colour than your opponents, the team with the highest percentage wins. The Ranked games work differently, depending on the map you'll have either one or two Splat Zones that you need to paint and keep in your colour. Once it's your colour (or both if there's two of them) your hundred second countdown starts ticking away and gets paused when your opponents take over the zone and their countdown starts.

Not very original but it works. Games can get REALLY intense lol. The game ends if one of the timers reaches zero or if the three minutes is up, when the three minutes is up the team with the lowest countdown wins. Then you get 20 points added to your total, if you lose you lose 10 points.

The best thing about the online play with both games is that the time and effort that it takes to level up is perfect (imo, some people have moaned that it takes too long). Unlike a load of multiplayer games it isn't too easy, and it isn't hard enough to do so to become frustrating. With the games only taking 3 minutes to play combined with the levelling up system the game is ridiculously more-ish, it's firmly in the 'RIGHT! Just ONE more go and THAT'S IT!!!' territory.

Very impressed with this game, no wonder everyone has been raving about it so much at E3 and other gaming events

Offline Late

« Reply #3235 on: June 07, 2015, 09:32:42 PM »
I've only heard one person raving about it, and he has crap taste in games; so I don't feel I'm missing anything.

Offline harv

« Reply #3236 on: June 07, 2015, 09:55:59 PM »
Lol ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #3237 on: June 08, 2015, 09:28:12 AM »

Offline jman

« Reply #3238 on: June 08, 2015, 09:50:53 AM »
"Metascore of 81"

Everyone's raving about it.

Offline harv

« Reply #3239 on: June 08, 2015, 01:10:57 PM »
I said everyone was raving about it after playing it at E3 and other gaming events. ;)