https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662941 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3330 on: October 29, 2015, 08:49:57 AM »
Looking forward to Pneuma.. would of never paid for it, but it looked intriguing - could be a load of shit for all I know.  Keeping my eye on Plague Inc on digital download - I played the flash game a long time ago, be nice to see what ways (if any) they have evolved it for consoles - I don't fancy paying £12 for it though.

Started Halo 5 on Tuesday, and I've had the missus out of the house for the past few days... mind you, I've been too busy doing other stuff to get really stuck into it.  From first impressions, its good, better than what I was expecting... I've only done the first 2 chapters on the campaign.. but going at a steady 60fps is pretty fucking awesome.. it feels really slick.  Itching to check out the vehicle based sections of the game... its not a Halo without extensive vehicle combat but sadly the first 2 chapters don't have any vehicle gameplay.  The actual storyline is a load of pony... Spartan Locke is trying to find Master Chief... that is the entire premise of it....  Looking forward to trying out multiplayer.. looks like they have stirred a few things up in this department since Halo 4.

More than anything though, I'm looking forward to Fallout 4 - its going to be so good.  Star Wars looks amazing and there are a few other games I wouldn't mind picking up at some point... but nothing looks or sounds half as good as F4... I'll be surprised if it isn't GOTY

Offline harv

« Reply #3331 on: October 29, 2015, 06:28:27 PM »
It's always better to buy Bethesda games for the PC just for the mods and bug fixes. Fallout 4 could be good for furure VR adoption too, I know a lot of people that are upgrading their PCs to play it and if they do that they'll also have a machine capable of Oculus Rift/Vive use. I don't remember hearing anything about Bethesda having the game in VR-O-Vision but there's loads of third party software that let you run games in VR-O-Vision so I'll have that option available if Bethesda don't have native VR support.

Should get some decent deals on Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas when it comes out too.

Also realised what I did wrong with that Resource Extraction Site business too (apart from the insurance thing). I went to a High Resource Extraction Site without realising that the pirates that are attracted to those sites are Deadly-Elite level pilots lol. No wonder they tore my ship to pieces lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Next time I do that I'm going to a Low Resource one, less pirates and when they do appear they don't fly like Han fucking Solo and have weapons like the fucking Death Star ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3332 on: October 29, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
Not to bothered about mod support, but I think it's supported on Xbox anyway.

Tempted by Plague Inc, too. Enjoyed it on Android.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3333 on: October 29, 2015, 09:08:39 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Got over a million credits in assets now and 425,000 credits. 8)

Just did a couple of jobs for two groups of pirates, both wanted me to kill their competition, i.e. each other lol. So I got paid by pirates to kill pirates and also got cash for their bounties with the local security services lmfao 8) ;D

Have also just realised why I was getting killed so easily, I'd forgotten to upgrade the outside of my bloody ship :o Bloomin thing was made of Light Alloy :o :o :o ;D I've now got Military Grade Composite now. Still, despite that handicap I've still got 52 kills and only 11 defeats.

I always seem to do better with flying games than any sort of driving or FPS game for some reason.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3334 on: October 31, 2015, 03:13:21 AM »
A video of planet battle action, looking a bit frantic :o ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #3335 on: October 31, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »
Finished Halo 5 today - didn't last very long.. played on Heroic.. probably took about 7 hours.. there used to be a time where Heroic was tough.. I will start a Legendary replay next week I think.

Played my first multiplayer game too.. took seconds to get a game and no problems whatsoever!  It was actually quite fun despite the fact it was on Midship which I hate - but it was CTF which I love....The Requisitions integration looks interesting but its an absolute aberration that they have shoe-horned in micro-transactions  :(

Offline harv

« Reply #3336 on: November 03, 2015, 12:11:44 AM »
Oops. There is now a price on my head.

Commander Arv 117 (1)
Evil Pirate Fuckers 18

That 1 in brackets is due to me accidentally murdering an innocent trader who got in the bloody way when I was trying to kill the Evil Pirate Fucker that was attacking him. Whoops! :o :-[ ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #3337 on: November 03, 2015, 08:15:15 AM »
Well thank god I didn't buy Pneuma.  Took me about 90 minutes to complete it and an extra 30 minutes to 100% it... absolutely zero replay value in it.  Also it must win the award for the most annoying narrator in a game.. after a few sentences I just wanted to punch him - yet he doesn't stop rambling on.  Kinda makes sense in the end.. the ending was nice.. I didn't see it.. mainly because I stopped listening to him half way through the game.

New xbox update last night.. new dashboard... just as I was getting used to the old one.. annoying.. but some things instantly look better.

Offline jman

« Reply #3338 on: November 04, 2015, 09:35:19 AM »
Played a bit of Multiplayer in Halo 5 last night.. both Arena and Warzone... MP is undeniably good and I've had zero problems so far.. matchmaking has been really quick - although I'm not 100% happy with their playlists.  Firstly you can't vote on a map/gametype anymore, and secondly they have shoved Slayer in with all the Team Objective gametypes.. unsure why, when they have a separate Team Slayer playlist - surely if I wanted to play Slayer I'd play in the dedicated playlist for that.  Lastly, I don't actually like the whole Requistions thing either.. I just want to play on an equal level with everyone else.. so if I want to play Big Team Battle (which is one of my favourite gametypes) I have to play Warzone as BTB has been removed from Arena - which means playing with the game-changing Requistions on - I played 1 game of Warzone last night and as expected it was mostly just carnage - there were 3 wraiths on the playfield at one time for instance!

Halo has historically been good with evolving playlists along with fan feedback, so I hope they change things before I stop playing it altogether.. I love the Team objective modes.. but what's the point playing in that playlist if I don't get a game of a type I actually like.

Offline Late

« Reply #3339 on: November 05, 2015, 04:24:24 AM »
New xbox update last night.. new dashboard... just as I was getting used to the old one.. annoying.. but some things instantly look better.
I like the new dash. Got it a couple of months ago.

Do you have backward compatibility yet? (You can tell by looking at "my games and apps" - you should see some xb360 games there, ready to download, if you now have the feature.)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3340 on: November 05, 2015, 07:54:58 AM »
Oh right.. I stopped bothering with the preview program a while ago.. really not that fussed... some things seem faster on the new dash, but I'm finding some things are taking longer to navigate to... maybe just need more time with it..

I've had some backwards compatible games since they announced the feature, but the list doesn't seem to of changed since then...I got an email a week or two ago saying BC was being rolled out proper this winter.. so expecting there to be a lot more games very shortly?

You pre-ordered F4 yet ? Its going to be all kinds of awesome, you know it!

Offline harv

« Reply #3341 on: November 05, 2015, 05:29:34 PM »
There's been a Fallout 4 Loot Crate doing the rounds, looks pretty cool. I particularly like the hoodie and the Nuka Cola machine.

That video is from Game Hard 4.0's channel, he's majorly into VR...his entire channel is around 99% dedicated to it.

He comes pretty close to shitting himself several times during this video, it looks to be ridiculously immersive :o ;D ;D ;D

He should have his own TV or Radio show, he's got the perfect voice for it!

UKRifter also has a great channel, he's a bit of a wuss who REALLY doesn't get on with horror experiences in VR lmfao ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #3342 on: November 08, 2015, 09:52:24 PM »
Haven't ordered Fallout 4 yet. I'm keen to play it but in no immediate rush.
Got Cod Blops 3 a few days ago (arrived the day before release date - well done ShopTo - but I didn't actually get a chance to play it for the first couple of days).
The campaign was okay. Have played through it once.
Haven't tried Multiplayer yet.
Zombies looks cool, but I've only had one game so far, so don't know my way around the map nor its secrets yet.

Offline harv

« Reply #3343 on: November 09, 2015, 12:52:23 AM »
Nobody with any sense is going to get Fallout 4 on day one, it's going to be practically unplayable until at least one proper patch has been done, and by proper patch I mean the patch after the day one emergency patch lol. I can sympathise with the Bethesda QA staff though because I know from experience that these sort of games are an absolute nightmare to test. :o

There's just too many variables to take into account, VERY easy to find crashes but VERY difficult to find what causes them, and if you can't find the cause then it's very difficult to regress the bug when it's 'Claimed Fixed' by the dev team. A great deal of these bugs end up as 'Closed As Not Seen' only for them to reappear after the game has been released. Champ Man and the first Just Cause game were a nightmare :o >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #3344 on: November 09, 2015, 09:23:59 AM »
Regardless of any issues, I'm not waiting to play it any longer than I have too.. same reasoning as to why I buy launch consoles - not bothered.. I'll be playing it this week and you wont  :P

Stepped up on Halo MP session this week/weekend... getting a bit more adjusted to Warzone.. although a) it really needs more maps and b) it still sucks compared to arena.  Must of played at least 10 different games of Team Arena.. not one CTF game at all and played about 8 games of slayer.. that's just ridiculous considering Slayer has its own specific playlist.  MP is definitely better than in Halo 4.. but there are a lot of improvements that could be done.. mainly more maps/gametypes!