https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662627 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »
... Im beating you on nearly all of the modes (I've attempted) on all of the stages (I've attempted) ;D
Challenge accepted!
It is so on.*

*Forgive the vernacular. I confirm I'm a white male heterosexual, despite that comment...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2012, 02:52:32 PM »
No peep outta harv today on how great the Wii U is ?  :o  ;D

Maybe he's read the rumour that Resident Evil 6 release date has been pushed forward to October for all formats and there wont be a Wii U version for the time being...

Quote from: Capcom
“Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U [...] Right now we’re concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and the PC version of the game.”

Awwww. he was so looking forward to something or other on the Wii U version of RE6 as well...???  I should really pay more attention to his posts*

* I really shouldn't

Offline harv

« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »
Haven't been well today, have spent most of the day sleeping. Unusual decision from Capcom tbh, they've had a very good relationship with Nintendo these last few years. Of course there's always a chance that they're held back by an NDA or that they've been working on an exclusive U title. We'll find out at E3 I guess. We should at least hear about news of a Monster Hunter on the way in June, and there are plenty of people keeping their fingers crossed for Nintendo vs Capcom, that would be a licence to print money but Nintendo themselves could be stopping that from happening. :(

Capcom are certainly going to be supporting the U in some way at least, they are a Japanese publisher after all. ;)

Edit: I'd be quite happy for a superior SKU to be launched at a later date too, there are too many quality titles on the way as it is lol
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:02:36 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »
So far I've spent 45 hours playing Skyrim. Still haven't bothered much with the main storyline. I've done the Thiefs Guild, Companians, Dark Brotherhood, Mages College and now doing the Stormcloaks quests. I've done abut of the main story but not much.

Offline harv

« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2012, 12:37:28 AM »
I'm still waiting for either the price to drop or the inevitable GOTY Edition before I get it. If they had added mounted combat I would have bought it day one. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2012, 01:04:57 AM »
Your loss. One of the best games every made, in my opinion - and at £22 a fortnight after release it was an absolute steal.
The game has ridiculous amounts of stuff going on - enough to keep you busy for months without dlc - and we won't see a GOTY edition any time soon (has the first dlc even been released yet?)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2012, 01:22:48 AM »
22 quid..?!?!?!!? :o

Haven't seen it that cheap, certainly not that soon after release, might have to start looking around again.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2012, 05:04:41 AM »
The only reason it came down in price so quickly is because it had game-breaking problems...These are apparently fixed now, though I haven't touched the game since I bought it way back in November....It cost me £40 when I got it, enjoyed it up until I couldn't take 4 steps without hitting a crippling wall of lag and just couldn't play it.

Then you find it's dropped it price and it takes them 4 patches to finally fix it all.....Not that I really care though, Bethesda are dead to me now after the way they constantly rip customers off with products that don't even work as intended. I might go back to it if I'm bored one day, but we'll see.

Offline jman

« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:49 AM »
Bethseda rip people off....    and Activision dont ? ? Yearly COD games which cost more in retail and DLC than any other game..  ;D

No DLC for Skyrim yet late.. I think its coming in a week or two.. exclusively timed for the 360 of course  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »
No DLC yet..? Blimey, thought they'd have some of it out by now :o

Have had a look and have seen it going for 24 quid...might wait a little longer because I'm trying to spend less than 20 quid per game these days. :P

Has anyone got Kingdoms of Amalur yet..? Is it any good..?

Edit: Bugger, the Fatal Frame spinoff, Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir, is getting slated by reviews. Looks like I'll have to wait until the Fatal Frame 2 remake is released on the Wii for my next Fatal Frame fix. :(

Fatal Frame IV was excellent, very spooky in places and plenty of well placed and effective stingers. :o
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:55:05 PM by harv »

Offline bealec

« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »
Skyrim has so much to do that it doesn't really need DLC. Most story modes last 8-10 hours. I've been playing for 45 hours and I'm no where near done. That's why it's taken them a while to release DLC.

Offline Late

« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2012, 03:25:37 PM »
It was £22 (half price) in Gamestation a few weeks after release. Was a totally unexpected price drop, lasted about a week, and was nationwide (and was the only reason I bought it - I hadn't been remotely tempted until that point. So glad I did!). I believe Amazon briefly dropped the price to match GS.

The offer had nothing to do with bugs or crippling problems in the game - was just a great price (though in retrospect I imagine it was probably to relieve cashflow problems, since it happened in December, just before their quarterly rent payments were due - of course the company effectively went bust the next quarter, when it's March payments were due).
The 360 version had lots of bugs, but I don't think any were game-breaking - most were just minor annoyances or amusing. And when I say "lots of bugs" it's not like everyone suffered or even noticed any. I probably played over 100 hours, and I don't think I suffered anything in that time other than one npc wild animal bouncing around amusingly after it's death. If you were unlucky enough to be affected by a bug most folk just ignored whatever quest it was for a while and did some of the hundreds of other quests - or just free-roamed etc. for a while.

The ps3 had major game-breaking problems in the way it saved data, but I think that's since been fixed - together with the vast majority of other bugs on all platforms.

I stand by my original assertion - a truly incredible game.
Will get back into it at some point. I've a load of unfinished missions, plus I'll want the dlc...

And I want to see how much time I actually did spend playing it. Didn't think it says anywhere in-game, but I recently read you can see it in your save game file name or something. Tisn't fully accurate as it doesn't count the times you replay due to dying and going back to the last save, etc., but should give a vague idea all the same...

Had a quick look at the leaderboards on Defence Grid and you don't appear to be ahead on very many, Kieron (hard to be certain as there's hundreds of leaderboards and each takes a few seconds to load - you don't appear to have played many at all, tbh!). I usurped you on one of them, tried but failed on another, then realised there's a load of maps I've not even tried yet (Resurgence Map Pack, I think they were called) so I moved on to those. Will polish those off (on normal story mode), then I'll probably try some of the alternative modes. So many to do, though!

I definitely prefer (and rank higher on the leaderboards on) the levels where it's pretty much wide open, and you use towers to direct the flow of aliens. It's possible to come up with some fantastic layouts which mean the beasties have to go for bloody ages before getting near the power cores.

Offline bealec

« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »
I based my 45 hours figure on the save file but if it doesn't take into account replaying after death it's probably closer to 50 hours.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »
Bethseda rip people off....    and Activision dont ? ? Yearly COD games which cost more in retail and DLC than any other game..  ;D

No DLC for Skyrim yet late.. I think its coming in a week or two.. exclusively timed for the 360 of course  ;D

Buying a game/DLC through choice is one thing, buying a game through choice that doesn't even work is another thing entirely.

If you don't agree with Call of Duty, then don't buy it, but at least you get a product that works as intended.....Bethesda have dropped the ball 3 times in a row with Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim...That's 3 strikes in my book and I'm officially done with them.

I'll probably pick up the New Vegas Ultimate Edition when it's dirt cheap, since you get all 5 DLC packs in them, but all future Bethesda games have a big, fat strike through them as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Late

« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »
Pshaw!
I've loved the COD games over the last few years, and put hundreds of hours into each (apart from the current one) - but you've a very blinkered view or selective memory if you think they've all been bug free!
Some instalments have been worse than others, of course, but every single one has been besieged by glitchers and cheats. At times I put the game away for weeks or months at a time until a new patch was released, because so many people were zipping about through the skies or under the floor, shooting you from outside the map - and many problems (particularly on the MW2) never did get fixed.