https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662641 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3600 on: August 31, 2016, 02:13:47 PM »
That's on my list of games to buy, it's supposed to be pretty good in VR when played via VorpX...although you need to have either a strong resistance or be immune to simulation sickness to play it that way lol ;D

Amnesia and Outlast are supposed to be shit scary in VR too. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #3601 on: September 12, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
Downloaded Gems of War ages ago - its free to play... only started playing it on Saturday but I am addicted.. I loved Puzzle Quest when it came out.. and this is even better as it has a much more involved RPG element to it with a very deep deck building system.

Being free-to-play means there are a ton of things to buy in the game, but it doesn't shove it down your throat at all.. in fact, come to think of it - I don't think its mentioned it once - I'm positive that even the tutorial doesn't show you where the shop area is.  To be honest, you can get plenty of enjoyment without buying anything anyway - everything can be earned in-game.

Offline harv

« Reply #3602 on: September 13, 2016, 06:44:49 PM »
Lol, The Last Guardian has been delayed yet again. It was supposed to be out next month but has now been pushed back to December. If it does end up being released in December then it would have been in development for 9 years lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

They will probably have to sell 300,000,000 copies to make a profit lololol :-\ ;D :-\

And I thought the delays for Alan Wake and Duke Nukem were bad at the time :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3603 on: September 15, 2016, 09:52:51 PM »
Dear Sega, please take all of my money. From Harv.

“VR has caught the whole company’s attention,” Post explains. “We have a lot of VR kits in the office and people are playing with it. We are exploring ways to release games. We’ve not announced anything, but we are very close to making an announcement. We did Alien: Isolation about three years ago on Oculus Rift, it was a demo that was bloody scary. To bring that back to VR would be a dream and dreams can come true.

“VR will take time, but we will start releasing some titles just to learn. It is a platform for the future.”

http://uploadvr.com/sega-europe-vr-company-attention/

I'll be quite happy to sign a disclaimer absolving Sega from any blame should I die of a heart attack whilst playing the game lol :o ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #3604 on: September 16, 2016, 01:02:41 AM »
To be fair, Alien Isolation would probably suit VR well.
It was a terrible game, in terms of gameplay, but it'd make you shit your pants several times over playing it that way.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3605 on: September 16, 2016, 02:40:16 AM »
Yup, it was playable in VR for a while on the DK2 but there was a change in the Oculus SDK that stopped it from working. All you need to do is type Alien Isolation DK2 into YouTube and you'll see LOADS of people shitting themselves lol ;D ;D ;D

I've said for a while that either Dreadhalls or Alien Isolation will be involved in the first VR-related death, Dreadhalls is also supposed to scare the living shite out of you. It's going to be the first thing I try out when I get my Rift in a couple of months.

But of course neither one of those games is going to be as good or as scary as my game that I'm working on...although I haven't been well enough to work on it for a few weeks unfortunately. I've even got a name for it - Nakamura's Pride, named after the space ship it takes place on. 8)

You've been foolish enough to respond to a distress signal from the ship and have a look around the ship to see what's been going on.

They're dead, Dave.

;D ;D ;D

Am planning on having the opening screen inside your ship with instrument panels as the options menus etc and have you starting the game by moving to the door and opening it to leave your ship.

The warp drive of the Nakamura's Pride has gone tits up and is producing a random energy pulse that knocls out the lights temporarily, including your headlamp on your space suit. And of course the alien creatures are going to pop out of light fittings, engineering panels, air vents and corpses ;D

I'll be having computers and tablets filling in details of what happened and what you need to do to get off the ship...once I figure out a reason why you can't do a runner as soon as you realise the ship is full of killer alien creatures :P ;D 8) :P

Offline jman

« Reply #3606 on: September 16, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
Yes but there is a fine line between shitting your pants in horror at a scary game rather than shitting you pants with laughter at a terrible game.  ;D ;D

Need to buy myself a new controller soon so if anyone see's a good deal, let me know - otherwise I've been tempted by the new limited edition gears one :

Offline harv

« Reply #3607 on: September 16, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »
Whilst I'm not expecting my game to be brilliant when I've finished it I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to avoid it being a complete pile of old pants lol :-[ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3608 on: September 21, 2016, 04:47:52 PM »
I've finished my first set of corridors now and you can see them via SketchFab here:

https://sketchfab.com/hsetterfield/models

I've added panels for the air vents, engineering panels and lights and have realised that I can't stop with these 5 models. I'm going to need to do more additions too - another 2 Straight corridors with a door to the left and a door to the right (I've decided not to do one with a door to either side), another 2 Dead Ends with the same, 2 turns with a door at either end, and I'm thinking of doing T-Junctions and Crossroads with a combination of doors at the ends too. :o

For now I'm going to take a break from corridors because I'm sick to the death of the sight of them lmfao ;D ;D ;D

I've now started work on props, I've done the following so far:

Table
Infopad/Tablet (that give information on the story, location of keycards, combinations etc)
Small Storage Crate
Medium Storage Crate
Large Storage Crate

REALLY simple models, the crates are just boxes lol. I'll be able to give them a bit of detail with bump mapping and textures though.

Offline harv

« Reply #3609 on: September 23, 2016, 07:38:42 PM »
Well there's been a real shitstorm developing today lol. Palmer Luckey is allegedly funding a far right company that is creating anti-Clinton memes.

Of course, what seems like the entire interwebs has failed to realise is that on that Reddit account the bloke concerned was posting on he stated that he wasn't going to announce who he really was because it would affect his business. And the next minute Palmer Luckey (allegedly) tells a tabloid paper that nobody has heard of that he is that person.

There are loads of people on various forums saying that they're not going to buy a Rift because of this lol. Until I see an official statement I call shenanigans on this.

And it's not going to affect me buying a Rift. It's the best headset that once Touch has released will give you the better VR experience.

Offline Late

« Reply #3610 on: September 23, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
[Anyone know (or care) what he's harping on about now?]
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3611 on: September 23, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »
[Anyone know (or care) what he's harping on about now?]

US political intrigue, old chap. Just visit any gaming website and you'll be able to see what's going on. People are going apeshit in the States, it's hilarious lol ;D ;D ;D

And the worst thing is that BOTH of the possible Presidents Of The United States are fucking awful lmfao. If you thought we had it bad over here with our political options when we get to the Ballot Box the Yanks have got things ten times as bad.

Although I guess if you vote in Clinton you'll be voting in the Vice President as the next President because she looks like she's going to drop dead sooner rather than later lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump with their finger on the button for 4 years. This is not going to end well. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #3612 on: September 23, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »

Offline harv

« Reply #3613 on: September 23, 2016, 11:14:46 PM »
Yup. I say this every General Election - it doesn't matter who you vote in, they're all a bunch of cunts lol ;D ;D ;D

But the two options that the Yanks have are the worst two I've ever seen. Although as I've said you won't see Hillary Clinton being President for long if she gets voted in, she might not even last until the election lmfao :o

Offline Late

« Reply #3614 on: September 24, 2016, 09:10:28 AM »
...she looks like she's going to drop dead sooner rather than later lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

...she might not even last until the election lmfao :o

I appreciate you don't like her, but that's not right, mate.
I personally couldn't care less who wins the US election (nor UK elections - I've never once voted in a General Election in my life), but I wouldn't wish anyone death or serious injury/illness unless they'd directly harmed me or my family, or were convicted of a heinous crime.
I think that's rather sick, tbh. Might be something you should mention to your therapist.