https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662958 times)

Offline styles

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »
level 12 now.

a bandit leader keeps hacking me to pieces. is it better to just go around?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Chris

« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2012, 07:57:21 PM »
Kenny, you're still in nappies!

My first gaming experience was an Amiga Commodore with 200+ games, most being demos that came with various magazines. Had a SNES too but that only had a handful of games then after that came PSOne, PS2, PSP and X360.

Offline harv

« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
You're all still in nappies compared to me - Binatone Pong, have been playing video games since the mid-late 70s. Back in the days when arcades only had Space Invaders and Asteroids in black and white and when some clever bloke decided to put clear coloured perspex on top of the Space Invaders screen it turned the game into glorious technicolour lol :P

Binatone Pong > Atari VCS 2600 > 48K Speccy > 128K Speccy > PS1/PC > PS2/PC > PSP/PC/Wii/PS3/360 > 3DS with the U soon to follow with the Vita when Sony have their panic price cut and there are more games worth playing on it. ;D

I also had a very addictive Battlestar Galactica game which had 3 columns of LEDs and you had enemy ships that used to come down to shoot. I hate to think how many hours I ploughed into that!!!

Don't think I'll be getting a PS4 or 720 next gen because the U will end up getting a SKU of all multiplatform titles, albeit at a slight graphical downgrade. Certainly makes you wonder what third party support the Wii would have got this gen if Nintendo had ditched the TEV Unit. :o

Edit: Found the Battlestar Galactica game here on Ebay. Am tempted to buy it lol :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:35:24 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2012, 11:08:14 PM »
How did you go from 128k speccy to ps1 era without having anything in between though, that's two whole gens missed out, nigh on 10 years, home consoles didn't really get start till the speccy, so at least I can say I've had a console each gen :P

Chris

« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »
oh and i had/have a gameboy 'color' somewhere too

Offline harv

« Reply #320 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:34 PM »
PCs I think, with alcohol filling in the gaps lol. :P

Edit: Whoops! Forgot about my Atari ST in the early 90s! :-[ :P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:40:46 AM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline styles

« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2012, 01:18:02 AM »
level 14. some enemies are sooo much powerful than me!

got the book and now a dragon is having me for breakfast - run away again?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2012, 02:14:59 AM »
Bloomin chicken!!! :P

Just realised that my PS3 plays PS1 games :o :-[ ;D

Just started playing Deathtrap Dungeon, but there's no sound effects or music for some strange reason. They're there when selecting menu options and stuff but they mute themselves when I actually start a game. Bloomin annoying >:(

Now that I know it plays them I'm going to replay the first three Resident Evil games. I was planning on playing the Gamecube REMake but it's much better to go old-school imo. I love retro gaming 8)

Still annoying about the sound though >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2012, 08:16:11 AM »
I downloaded Earth Shaker last night.. great game... brought back some nice memories...

Also downloaded the new Trials.. and as a result.. beat loads* of late's and kenny's times already.. yeah bitches!!

* actually only about 3 or 4

Offline Late

« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2012, 09:51:38 AM »

On the bright side, you'll get a nice boost (experience as well as tangible goods) if you beat it...
There's a few different types of dragon, some of which are a lot tougher than others - but I can't remember the types.
As I always saved regularly I generally had a save just before encountering a dragon and another at the start of a battle - so it was always an easy decision. Have a pop at it - if it all goes pear shaped I can go back to just before the fight. When low level I often saved at the start then again another 3 or 4 times throughout the fight, and could be there for bloody ages - but there weren't many fights I backed away from. I think they're all winnable - if you're prepared to hit/save/hide regularly throughout (but some might consider that cheating or unfair).

I downloaded Earth Shaker last night.. great game... brought back some nice memories...

Also downloaded the new Trials.. and as a result.. beat loads* of late's and kenny's times already.. yeah bitches!!

* actually only about 3 or 4
The "Extreme" levels are a complete nightmare.
Didn't get much time to play last night, so only did one level in the end. It did take me around 25 minutes and over 350 faults, though! (Bear in mind there's maximum limits of 30 minutes and 500 faults - and to get silver required completion with less than 35 faults - can't remember the time requirement, but might've been 12 mins.)

Haven't got many platinums yet. They only become available after you've gotten 135 medals (or thereabouts), but at that point it tells you they're available and also lets you know whether you've got any already. I had one at that point and have gained another few since - but all are from the puzzle/skill games section, none from the actual normal levels.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #325 on: April 24, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »

I always kill the dragons for the dragon souls and because the bones and scales net you lots of septims.

I'm at level 26 now. I joined the Stormcloaks despite being an Imperial (They didn't seem to notice or care) and won the civil war. I'm now doing a bit of the main storyline.

Offline harv

« Reply #326 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:23 PM »
There you go, not just me that thinks that the U controller is perfect for MMOs. ;)

And you were all poo-pooing the idea a few months ago. 8)

Offline styles

« Reply #327 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:58 PM »

I always kill the dragons for the dragon souls and because the bones and scales net you lots of septims.

I'm at level 26 now. I joined the Stormcloaks despite being an Imperial (They didn't seem to notice or care) and won the civil war. I'm now doing a bit of the main storyline.

septims??

Work hard, be nice.

Offline bealec

« Reply #328 on: April 24, 2012, 10:07:26 PM »
Gold. The currency is called Septims. I could've just said gold but I bowed to the nerd.

Offline styles

« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »
tf for that lol

were did u sell them? Im weighed down with crap. should i carry around next to nothing most of the time? surely i don't need to harvest every snow berry i find lol

Work hard, be nice.