https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662600 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3810 on: October 21, 2017, 11:19:35 AM »
Loved the stick of truth - will definitely have to get the fractured but whole at some point  8)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3811 on: October 21, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »
I'm VERY well prepared for Halloween now. Have just bought Paranormal Activity The Lost Soul to add to my VR horror game collection:

Paranormal Activity The Lost Soul
Duck Season
Drop Dead
Don't Knock Twice
Narcosis
Killing Floor Incursion
Boogeyman
Dreadhalls
Affected The Manor
Darkdays
Dead Secret
Into The Dead
Alien Isolation
Doom 3 BFG VR Mod

I must remember to do my washing before Halloween Night so that I have plenty of clean boxers to change into lmfao ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #3812 on: October 21, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »
I've ALMOST finished these three bloody crates for my game. Just waiting for a reply on a thread I started in the Allegorithmic forums and then I'll FINALLY have my first three models finished! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3813 on: October 22, 2017, 03:06:29 PM »
Edit: I've removed that bloody great big picture and rep-laced it with a link to it on my Sketchfab account so you can click on it and zoom in/out and rotate around it so that you can see it better!

https://sketchfab.com/models/617c496555124b2aa916032e59677060

Any feedback will be MUCH appreciated, it's basically a storage crate for materials mined on a mining ship for the Nakamura Mining Corporation. You can see from the Explosive signs that this crate contains combustible material which I need for the protagonist's last objective - escaping from the ship and blowing the Nakamura up!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:24:59 PM by harv »

Offline Late

« Reply #3814 on: October 22, 2017, 10:45:31 PM »
Looks good - but explosive creates should be red, obviously. Have you not played computer games before? :p
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3815 on: October 22, 2017, 11:39:23 PM »
Thanks lol :D :D :D

They won't be explodable by shooting them though, that's why they put the combustible ore in crates. Safety first! 8)

Am going to have the protagonist (Commander Allen) needing to set charges where the ore processing machinery is in the middle of the ship and have the player needing to get to the escape craft, fix it and leave the ship before it goes BOOM!

The different pieces that you need to fix the ship are going to be scattered in random places apart from the last part which is going to be in the ore processing part of the ship. And in between getting those parts the player also needs to find the Chief Engineer so that you can cut his thumb off for the thumbprint scanner, disable the ship's defences and launch a warning beacon above the nearest planet warning people not to go near it because there are nasty facehugger type parasite aliens on there that caused the Nakamura's Fall (the title of the game!) 8)

Once the fuckers have attached themselves to you mug they lay their eggs and scuttle off again, causing you to lose consciousness and memory loss. As it grows the larvae sends the host insane. I'm going to have half of the crew dying when the fully grown fuckers burst out of their stomachs and half of the crew killing each other during their insanity.

I'm also going to have the things sensitive to sound, which should fuck up a few YouTubers lol ;D ;D ;D

I also decided to go for a Edgar Allen Poe link to it all too after I realised that the protagonist's ship looked like a Raven. The ship's AI is called Edgar, the captain that sent the distress call you responded to is called Commander Poe. Will have a few character names from some of his stories too.

Online jman

« Reply #3816 on: October 23, 2017, 07:41:47 AM »
Loved the stick of truth - will definitely have to get the fractured but whole at some point  8)

I'd recommend catching up on some of the recent episodes before playing if you haven't.

Its very good - I'm about 14 hours in now - I think I'm close to finishing the story - I think the only thing I've found slightly disappointing is that there isn't enough side-quests or they aren't long enough - but there's loads of improvements over SoT- not having to level up your entire party through battling is definitely one of them.  I won't spoil any of the jokes - but my character identifies as Latino Irish who is a Skoliosexual Gender Fluid Chaotic Satanist ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3817 on: October 24, 2017, 05:00:30 PM »

I'd recommend catching up on some of the recent episodes before playing if you haven't.

Its very good - I'm about 14 hours in now - I think I'm close to finishing the story - I think the only thing I've found slightly disappointing is that there isn't enough side-quests or they aren't long enough - but there's loads of improvements over SoT- not having to level up your entire party through battling is definitely one of them.  I won't spoil any of the jokes - but my character identifies as Latino Irish who is called Styles ;D ;D ;D

Fixed lmfao ;D ;D ;D

Online jman

« Reply #3818 on: October 26, 2017, 08:35:55 AM »
Finished South Park last night - missed 3 achievements - 1 because I didn't put it on the hardest level (which makes your character black lol) and the other 2 definitely seem to be glitched.
I want to play The Stick of Truth at some point again (which came with the game) so I might replay Fractured But Whole again afterwards - I think 10 hrs would be enough to finish it without doing all the sidequests and skipping the cutscenes.

Started playing The Turing Test last night (free on Xbox Live) - First Person Puzzler - its like a crap version of Portal - except Portal was amazing - so when I say its crap - I mean that in comparison - its not that bad.  I was thinking to myself how can the puzzles even get hard when it utilises such a basic mechanic - I can guarantee there are a few stumpers in there.

I'm just about to get to the final chapter and I'm about 1.5 hours in, so it won't last very long - worth a download though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:41:59 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #3819 on: October 26, 2017, 04:08:15 PM »
Got another VR game to add to my games to play in VR on Halloween, someone has done a Five Nights At Freddie's with Room Scale VR called Vive Nights At Freddie's. I downloaded it the other day but I'm not going to try it until Halloween. I haven't played the original but have heard that heard that original is pretty scary played flat so I can't wait to play it in VR.

There's a clip of someone playing it (and almost pooing his pants!) here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si4qFeJUFyQ&index=1&list=PL0tD7gHgAbBIa_O2ZqkZ-SJ0YrGwm-QtN

;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3820 on: October 28, 2017, 05:57:53 PM »
Ooops, I just completely broke Substance Designer. I think my problems started when I started using a pirated version of 5.4. When I bought Substance Designer 2017 and installed it I ended up having double nodes appearing. Earlier on today I got REALLY fed up with having two of everything on my shelf (because one was older than the other and some of these nodes had been updated) so I decided to uninstall Substance Designer and start again. I had tried this before but every time I reinstalled the first time I started the program I had one of everything and everything was hunky dory - but every time I started the program after that first time the bloody double nodes kept on coming back.

So rather than just uninstalling Substance Painter I decided to go scorched earth on the fucker and delete every trace of the program from my hard drive. Thinking that would do the job I reinstalled it and found that all of those nodes that were doubled had disappeared completely making Substance Designer virtually useless lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

I managed to solve it in the end by uninstalling it and then installing the very first version of it (2017.1.0) which was released in June, my nodes were back! Now I've just installed the latest version again and all is well! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3821 on: October 31, 2017, 01:04:06 AM »
A company called Pimax has raised over $3bn on Kickstarter  for a new '8K' headset due to be released in January. I've put 8K in single quotes because the dodgy fuckers are adding the two 4K displays together to get 8K lmfao ;D

They've just had v3 of their prototype at various displays and it's looking like the displays can only run at a stable 75Hz instead of 90Hz. I think you'll end up seeing people blowing chunks with these things lol :o ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #3822 on: November 04, 2017, 11:45:38 PM »
Swore I wouldn't, but I ended up buying the latest CoD.
Don't know why I keep falling for it.
The matchmaking is terrible (I spend way more time in lobbies than in games) and the maps all seem way too small from the few I've seen so far... :(

Offline harv

« Reply #3823 on: November 05, 2017, 07:13:54 PM »
They haven't beaten the first one in terms of awesomeness since they launched it. Good that it's gone back to WWII but the first game was the dog's bollocks. We used to have A LOT of fun playing that on our lunch breaks when I was working at Eidos. Playing on a LAN with the guys from Beautiful Game Studios, the developers of Champ Man who were just across the hall. I can't remember who came up with the idea but playing CoD and having rules that you could only kill opponents with either a melee kill of a grenade was fucking hilarious lololol ;D ;D ;D

I've done another couple of models now, the medium and large storage crates. Linkage here:

https://sketchfab.com/models/a0695c21de8348d88efc0d83cce6abaa

https://sketchfab.com/models/4a260f66d7e64c528f31fc47ebf06b66

I reckon one of the medium storage crates is going to have one of my Easter Eggs on it. Some of the more observant of you may have noticed that the colour of it bears a striking resemblance to the colour of a certain Doctor's ship.

I'm having Ripley, Dr Who, Mork and Captain Picard scratching messages into various props in the game and you'll get an Achievement for scanning each of them ;D

If you have a Google Cardboard headset and the latest Firefox browser you can view those models in VR, but the scale is going to be off unfortunately. ;D

Should have another 4 or 5 done in the next few days I reckon all going well.

Offline harv

« Reply #3824 on: November 10, 2017, 03:37:25 PM »
Looks like EA have bought Respawn :o

Hopefully won't affect the Oculus Store exclusive that Oculus are paying for. :-\