https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662720 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #330 on: April 24, 2012, 11:29:32 PM »
Lol, the first thing I upgrade when leveling up my character in Elder Scrolls or Fallout games is Strength so that I can carry more spoils of battle. ;D Also handy when using melee weapons too. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2012, 12:46:29 AM »
After picking up a cheap PSP 2000 Slim & Lite back when GAME were struggling I decided to pop on amazon and order a few games yesterday:

Star Ocean: First Departure & Star Ocean: Second Evolution (Remakes of Star Ocean 1&2 on PS1)
GTA: Liberty City Stories
GTA: Vice City Stories
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2

7 games for a total of £40! Not bad IMO considering the amount of hours of fun there! Will pick up the other FF games and maybe God of War at some point. Big exams coming up next month though so probably won't get into them until after.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:48:51 AM by ancelotti »

Offline Late

« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2012, 01:03:13 AM »
Each main town has a shop to sell your crap in. You should be able to insta-travel to town, sell your excess rubbish,  then insta-travel back to where you where (or very close to there). Ingredients can be bloody handy when you start brewing potions and take up virtually no space so so I personally hung onto most (some of the pretty worthless items are worth a lot when combined with others into a potion) but whether to keep or sell is personal preference.
Definitely worth getting a house if you want to keep and store a lot of stuff...

Just completed one of the extreme Trials - with 496 faults (500 is max allowed). I've said it before, I'll say it again - extreme levels are a complete nightmare!
Then my competitive streak kicked in and I re-did some of the early levels to regain top spot...  :p
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #333 on: April 25, 2012, 09:48:45 AM »
Some of the levels you have no chance in beating my times  ;)  But how the hell did you get so far on that icarus game in the skill circus.. is there a trick to it or what ???  I love some of the skill games.. good luck trying to beat my score in the one where you wear ski's  :D

Offline Late

« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »
Credit where it's due - I was astounded when I saw your time for the rollercoaster level. WAY better than mine, and well into Platinum territory (which you probably suspected at the time but won't have known for sure, I guess).

Took me a while to beat that one... ;)

On the Icarus level you need to alternate X and Y (the instructions don't make that clear) when you're in the air. The initial short drive and launch aren't really important - it's just a button bashing exercise. I personally found it easiest to put the controller on a surface (my leg) and use my forefinger to furiously zig-zag slide across the two buttons.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2012, 07:38:10 PM »
lol... I wasnt sure which one was the rollercoaster level because I dont spend too long getting the times so dont pay too much attention to the level name ;).. I checked tonight though and like you say though.. it was an astounding time..

...a bit like my phenomenal new time that has just got me into the top 1000 for the track  ;D

Theres bloody loads of stuff to do in this game.. im heading into the harder tracks now though  :o

Offline harv

« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »
Bloody hell, the Japanese charts have gone a little bit insane - 8 of the top 10 are 3DS titles, 1 DS title and 1 PSP title. And 4 of those 3DS titles and the DS title are all third party. Vita hardware sales continue to drop, although not by much this week to be fair. Sony really need to do something to save the Vita in Japan, it's pretty much dead in the water. :(

Pretty annoying that they haven't learnt a single lesson from the PS3 and PSP. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #337 on: April 27, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »
Just completed one of the extreme Trials - with 496 faults (500 is max allowed). I've said it before, I'll say it again - extreme levels are a complete nightmare!
Then my competitive streak kicked in and I re-did some of the early levels to regain top spot...  :p

I've just unlocked extreme.. like you say.. they are a complete nightmare...

...then I beat the level your talking about in about 60 faults - lol... good luck beating that one..

Tell you what I hate.. you get to the final obstacle on an extreme level and for some stupid reason you press select instead of B and restart the whole track again..  ;D done that twice now including the sin city inspired level.. one of the last hurdles on that level (jumping a board with numbers on) - is a PAIN.. I got my bike over in about 5 go's.. but it sat directly on top of the scoreboard and I couldn't push it off.. havent got anywhere near getting the bike over again in about 200 tries... then I pressed Select  >:(

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #338 on: April 27, 2012, 03:15:03 PM »
Bloody hell, the Japanese charts have gone a little bit insane - 8 of the top 10 are 3DS titles, 1 DS title and 1 PSP title. And 4 of those 3DS titles and the DS title are all third party. Vita hardware sales continue to drop, although not by much this week to be fair. Sony really need to do something to save the Vita in Japan, it's pretty much dead in the water. :(

Pretty annoying that they haven't learnt a single lesson from the PS3 and PSP. >:(

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6515-PlayStation-3-is-Best-Selling-Console-in-Europe-This-Year--Reckon-Nintendo.html

Sony also announced All Stars Battle Royale today; http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6513-Sony-Officially-Unveil-PlayStation-All-Stars--Battle-Royale.html

Offline harv

« Reply #339 on: April 27, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »
I was referring to the Vita mate. The PS3 was a complete failure until they cut the price...christ on a bike the GBA even outsold it for a few months lololol. The bad sales of the PS3 in the first year or two of its life caused Capcom to can Monster Hunter 3, which was then a PS3 exclusive, and switch development to the Wii.

The Vita is too expensive, and that's after they cut the memory in half, and the software isn't there to make a purchase worthwhile at the moment. And just like the PS3 before it Japanese developers are canning Vita development in favour of 3DS development. It's completely dead in Japan and not a great deal better in Europe and the States...it's only just sold over 2m units worldwide since launch which is bloody terrible :o :(

Offline jman

« Reply #340 on: April 27, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »
Just started a new game of FM2012.. havent really been able to get into it until today...

2nd game in though, playing Dover in league game.. and BOOOM!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj6OGd1xrVA

For anyone who cant be arsed to watch.. I win 8-0, Sam-Yorke scores a hattrick in 10 minutes and 5 in the first 39 minutes!!!

Im bloody awesome!!

Offline harv

« Reply #341 on: April 27, 2012, 05:14:14 PM »
I used to love football management games before I started testing Champ Man but won't go anywhere near them now. Playing a game like that from 9-6 5 days per week plus overtime will do that I guess lol. In a way I'm quite glad I ended up getting stuck with it because if I'd had to play FPS or TPS games for the same sort of time every week I'd be sick of playing those too. ;D

Just had a look at my PS1 games and could have sworn I owned RE3 but I've only found 1 and 2. Just ordered 3 from eBay for £10.99. Going to play them right from the beginning after the goodness of Revelations has inspired me.

Latest news on the U software front is that someone from Crytek has said there is 'fat chance' of a U SKU of Crysis 3 which has really surprised me tbh. We know that CryEngine 3 is running better on the U compared to the PS3 and 360 and it's surprising that EA aren't bringing the game to every possible platform they can. Very odd. :-\ There's always a chance that Nintendo's NDA is preventing talk of it, but then he would have said he couldn't comment on it, surely. :(

Edit: Just started playing the PS1 SKU of Resident Evil 1, the graphics at the time and the FMVs were way ahead of their time. Capcom have always pulled the stops out for the Resident Evil franchise in terms of eye candy...can't wait for number 6! ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:12:26 PM by harv »

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #342 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »
Quite far behind you guys (Late & Jman) on Trials, working through the Hard levels at the moment. Managing to beat your times though.  ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #343 on: April 27, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »
level 16 now. getting better
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline bealec

« Reply #344 on: April 28, 2012, 11:19:41 AM »
I'm at level 27 I've been doing some of the Deadra artifact quests. I like the Hangover inspired one.