https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662989 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 28, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »
Still can't believe it's still retailing for 30 quid :o

Going to wait for it to drop to less than 20 quid before I get it.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #346 on: April 30, 2012, 01:23:28 AM »
... the sin city inspired level.. one of the last hurdles on that level (jumping a board with numbers on) - is a PAIN.. I got my bike over in about 5 go's.. but it sat directly on top of the scoreboard and I couldn't push it off.. havent got anywhere near getting the bike over again in about 200 tries... then I pressed Select  >:(

Hate that bloody level!
Haven't had a chance to put the xbox on much this week, but when I have I've usually tried that one - and failed over and over and over again. Have definitely spent over two hours trying to get over that scoreboard, to no avail.  >:(
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #347 on: April 30, 2012, 07:55:36 AM »
Have encountered a slightly annoying glitch in Skyrim. I have finished the Civil War quest line and now the doors to the important buildings in Solitude are always locked. I can pick em but they are expert level so I waste a few picks.

Offline jman

« Reply #348 on: April 30, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »
... the sin city inspired level.. one of the last hurdles on that level (jumping a board with numbers on) - is a PAIN.. I got my bike over in about 5 go's.. but it sat directly on top of the scoreboard and I couldn't push it off.. havent got anywhere near getting the bike over again in about 200 tries... then I pressed Select  >:(

Hate that bloody level!
Haven't had a chance to put the xbox on much this week, but when I have I've usually tried that one - and failed over and over and over again. Have definitely spent over two hours trying to get over that scoreboard, to no avail.  >:(

I found the nack to it in the end.. (as you can probably tell by my relatively low fault score  :P )... when you die you dont get enough run up, so you need to reverse your bike back.. basically you can land your bike with both tyres on the top wooden pallet with a big enough run and a good jump, you need to get the landing angle inch perfect for a good jump over the scoreboard but thats how I did it.. everytime I landed with one tyre on the top and one on the bottom it seemed impossible to get to the point of getting two tyres on the top.. so I'd just restart the checkpoint if you dont get two tyres on the top pallet from the initial jump...

...theres actually quite a few more obstacles after this one.. another one which is nearly as annoying as the scoreboard one too (Im sure you'll work out which one it is when you reach it).... but most of my faults actually came on the last obstacle which is relatively simple, but you can see the finishing line and I was just getting too excited over finishing it lol

I tried the two levels afterwards and failed both on 500 faults, they are deadly  :o

Think I have gold on all the first 3 levels now.. except a bronze on the mega-run track.. whoever got 12 faults on that.. thats good.. Im not sure I'll have the patience to attempt to beat that, but Im in the process of converting my medals to at least silver on every track (up to expert)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:45:01 AM by jman »

Offline styles

« Reply #349 on: April 30, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »
level 20 now but like bealec i am in the midst of an annoying glitch.

i am a vampire. have figured out what i need to do when i am level 4 and everybody tries to kill me but its a real pain in the neck (boom boom). can't get the cure either as the guy who is supposed to perform it seems to have forgotten he is supposed to be curing me. on the plus side it made killing a frost dragon piss easy!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #350 on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:20 PM »
I found the nack to it in the end.. (as you can probably tell by my relatively low fault score  :P )... when you die you dont get enough run up, so you need to reverse your bike back.. basically you can land your bike with both tyres on the top wooden pallet with a big enough run and a good jump, you need to get the landing angle inch perfect for a good jump over the scoreboard but thats how I did it.. everytime I landed with one tyre on the top and one on the bottom it seemed impossible to get to the point of getting two tyres on the top.. so I'd just restart the checkpoint if you dont get two tyres on the top pallet from the initial jump...

...theres actually quite a few more obstacles after this one.. another one which is nearly as annoying as the scoreboard one too (Im sure you'll work out which one it is when you reach it).... but most of my faults actually came on the last obstacle which is relatively simple, but you can see the finishing line and I was just getting too excited over finishing it lol
Top man - thanks Kieron. That got me past the scoreboard. I then had about 150 unsuccessful attempts at the high wall (I lost 150 lives but it was probably about 500 attempts tbh as I tended to fail the jump but survive to reverse and retry) before accidentally hitting back instead of B. :|
TBH it's not a massive loss, as I only had about 7 minutes left at the time.
Gonna have another go now - hopefully I'll suss it out or (more likely) fluke it this time!
If the high wall isn't the hard part you referred to I might as well just give up. The extreme levels are borderline between fun and chore, to be honest.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #351 on: May 01, 2012, 03:59:27 AM »
Decided to give Mercenaries 3D another go and just got a high score of 108,910 with Jill Valentine on level 4.1. I really love this game but after playing Revelations the graphics don't look quite as good as they did before I played it. Revelations has depth of about an inch or maybe more beyond the screen and Mercenaries only has around a cm or so. I'd love them to patch it to increase the depth but can't see it happening unfortunately.

My RE3 arrived today, another one to add to my retro gaming list 8)

Edit: Now got 114,670 with Krauser ;D I bloody love score-based games but they're too addictive, particularly when you have 8 characters with 8 different weapon sets and 2 different outfits for each character. My completist nerves are twitching lol. So many skills to unlock too although I haven't worked out how to unlock everything yet...probably tells me somewhere lololol :P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:24:29 AM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #352 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30:50 AM »
If the high wall isn't the hard part you referred to I might as well just give up. The extreme levels are borderline between fun and chore, to be honest.

Aye it is.. lol.. I spent about 10-15's goes thinking this is going to be impossible and preparing myself for the long haul and then just did it.. fluke more than anything... I cant really remember if there is a trick to it or not though, but there arent any really hard ones after it...

I agree the extreme levels are not that fun.. they werent in the 1st one either though to be fair.. Im enjoying trying to beat yours and kennys time more than doing the extreme levels..

One thing that is quite funny about trials though.. I seem to regress to a childlike state when playing it.. eyes wide open concentrating.. mouth open.. tongue out... moving and rotating the joypad to the left and right to try and get my biker to go a bit further and make that landing.. its quite funny... this picture also brilliantly shows how I play trials too.. lol..

Offline harv

« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
Some of those Penny Arcade strips are excellent lol.

I've now experienced the agony and ecstasy of score-based gaming again. Had a few goes on 4-1 last night and kept on missing the SS grade by a couple of hundred points, bloody frustrating lol. But every now and then you get into your Zone and you obliterate every single thing in your path, including mini-bosses. I've always liked the Village map from RE4, a great piece of level design. Now got a high score of 152,160 8)

Those mini-bosses with their eyelids sewn shut and the bloomin great big metal claws take a hell of a lot of damage, and there's no bells to hit to distract its attention :o

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #354 on: May 01, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »
lmao Jman that's brilliant! That happens 75% of the time I try to land on the back tyre to accelerate faster! It reminds me of the water pipe level where you basically have to slide on your back at one point as you get flipped over like 3 times by one of the pipes!

I'm gonna start the extreme levels tonight and see how I get on.

Offline styles

« Reply #355 on: May 01, 2012, 05:25:01 PM »
finally cured of vampirism  :-\

very very irritating to get rid of.

I have far too many miscellaneous quests on the go and am working through them, doesn't help that I ask every inn keeper I meet if he has heard any rumours, thats what I do in real life as well lol!

Another thing I don't like is that I had a nice sword and was fighting some boss and it just disappeared.  This has happened a couple of times.  Where do i find a nice weapon? (said the actress to the bishop)

It really sucks you into it, you can want to do one simple task but end up running into a bandit hideout as you cross the map and spend 20 minutes killing them all off!

I've been reduced to using a timer to allow myself only an hour at a time lol!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #356 on: May 01, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »
Can someone tell me where the best deals are going so I can find the following games/console?

Xbox 360, 250GB
Wireless Adapter
Fifa 12
WWE 12
Tiger Woods 13

Any help would be much apprieciated  :)
South Shields

Offline bealec

« Reply #357 on: May 01, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »
finally cured of vampirism  :-\

very very irritating to get rid of.

I have far too many miscellaneous quests on the go and am working through them, doesn't help that I ask every inn keeper I meet if he has heard any rumours, thats what I do in real life as well lol!

Another thing I don't like is that I had a nice sword and was fighting some boss and it just disappeared.  This has happened a couple of times.  Where do i find a nice weapon? (said the actress to the bishop)

It really sucks you into it, you can want to do one simple task but end up running into a bandit hideout as you cross the map and spend 20 minutes killing them all off!

I've been reduced to using a timer to allow myself only an hour at a time lol!

The big bosses can disarm you. You just drop the sword. If you look around on the floor it should be there.

Offline larry

« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2012, 09:12:08 PM »
Can someone tell me where the best deals are going so I can find the following games/console?

Xbox 360, 250GB

Any help would be much apprieciated  :)

This maybe a good starter? Im a PS3 man myself, but this deal seems hot hot hot

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/morrisons-xbox-360-250gb-forza-4-for-140-1206290

As for game prices i used to use this website

http://www.find-game.co.uk/

Not sure if its the best, but a good guide
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:20:26 PM by larry »

Offline jman

« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »
My 360 membership expires in a few days if anyone has seen a good deal recently.. its the first time I've taken it off auto-renewal