https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663057 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3900 on: June 04, 2018, 10:17:12 AM »
Close to 200k Gamerscore now and I picked up a 6GS on Dirt Rally to knock everything off track... fuck sake.. I've already checked out a few of my older games and the only one I have is Dead Island.. unfortunately my save point on that game is after I re-started the game again.. which means I'd have to go through the whole game again to achieve any of the achievements ending in 4.  The opposing 4GS in Dirt Rally is very achievable but its a lot of grinding - and that game is starting to bore me to tears.. mainly because its too fucking hard....this is bollocks!!!

I started playing State of Decay 2 - its good and I want to keep playing but I can't seem to get enough food for my group.. I keep bringing back food packages and nothing seems to happen.. I've even built a food checkpoint.. but still nothing.. I'm now on zero food with a lot of hungry survivors who are all going to die unless I stockpile more food.. I don't have a fucking scooby on how to do that, the game tells you to bring back food packages.. but my number never rises.

Offline harv

« Reply #3901 on: June 04, 2018, 09:41:13 PM »
Do you have a steering wheel controller or are you using a gamepad to play DiRT Rally? It's MUCH easier with a steering wheel controller (although I don't have a hope of getting very far with mine in DiRT Rally VR because I'm shite at driving games lol).

When I play driving games I tend to use opposition cars to stop me going off the track on corners but you can't do that in a Rally lol. Brakes are for wimps :P

I bought Project CARS 2 as well a while back when it was on sale but I haven't tried that yet either. I'm going to have to give these games a go despite my crap driving ability but I've just started playing Elite Dangerous again. Am on my way to buy an Asp Explorer and kit it out for exploration and venture outside of the Human Bubble for the first time.

Should get me a good few million quid by the time I get back, maybe enough to buy myself an Anaconda with a bit of luck. Best. Ship. Ever. 8)

I've got around 47 million credits at the moment which should be enough to kit out my Asp I reckon.

I love Elite Dangerous SO MUCH. It's knocked the first Elite off number one in my Best Games Of All Time List and I NEVER thought I'd see a game managing to do that.

I've put well over a thousand hours into this game so far. :o

I'm also going to have to get back to Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR too, me doing a fresh install of my system a while back broke my mods somehow so I'm going to have to install them again and get back to those games. Skyrim VR is now number 3 in my Best Games Of All Time List:

1 Elite Dangerous
2 Elite (Speccy Version)
3 Skyrim VR
4 Metroid Prime
5) Manhunt 2 (Uncut)

Mind you, if you ask me again next week 4 and 5 will probably change lol. 1, 2 and 3 will ALWAYS be the same though until something is released to beat them for awesomeness.

Manhunt 2 Uncut is amazing, it's a real shame that the ESRB and the BBFC completely ruined hands-down the best motion controlled game with censorship. It was VERY satisfying doing executions with matching motions once you patched the censorship out. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3902 on: June 09, 2018, 12:26:37 AM »
Crackdown 3 has been pushed back, again. Now scheduled for Feb 2019 :(
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3903 on: June 09, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »
Crackdown 3 has been pushed back, again. Now scheduled for Feb 2019 :(

Better that they've delayed the launch rather than releasing a shite game though. Producers happy with releasing virtually unplayable buggy piles of crap has always got right on my tits. It all started when online patches became a thing during the 360/PS3/Wii generation. During the previous generation, although there were a good few consoles online the majority weren't, publishers used to release much less buggy games because the majority of end users were unable to patch the things.

I never got into Crackdown for some reason and on paper it's the sort of game I should love. Not sure what it is about the franchise but the games just haven't gripped me at all.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3904 on: June 10, 2018, 04:07:01 PM »
Crackdown is great, one of the reasons I bought game pass so slightly annoying to hear it being pushed back.

Finally got that wanky 4Gs cheevo from Dirt Rally, being very careful with what I play now because I want to land exact on 200k for posturing purposes...  It's been a while coming... roughly 55 months since 100k.. That's an average of 1800 each month lol

Offline harv

« Reply #3905 on: June 12, 2018, 09:17:07 PM »
Just a quick update on my game! I've remodelled my modular corridors and added some geometry, it's raised the poly count but not too much but they look a lot better.

The Unreal Engine Marketplace has just had a sale on. I've bought Dungeon Architect for 47 quid, 50% off. 94 quid was a bit too rich for my blood but 47 quid isn't too bad.

Dungeon Arcitect is an Unreal Engine plugin that procedurally generates levels. Should raise the replay value of my game through the roof as long as the performance is good enough.

So next up is texturing these modular corridor pieces, designing my options menu and control customisation and finish modelling my alien parasite.

Hopefully I'll have a Pre-Alpha build playable in a couple of months. 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #3906 on: July 03, 2018, 05:41:32 PM »
Holy shitballs, Sega just announced Shenmue 1 and 2 are being re-released in August for all major platforms!! ;D ;D

And I confirmed my address for my Shenmue 3 kickstarter the other day, shame my pc won't be able to play it anymore :(

Offline harv

« Reply #3907 on: July 19, 2018, 03:48:25 PM »
A $69 gaming PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDDLTwS4zgs

Fire extinguisher not included in the price lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3908 on: August 02, 2018, 02:01:57 PM »
Fuck me ragged with a wire brush :o

I was determined not to buy any more games for a while because I've been spending WAY too much money on games lately. But then they released a VR patch for Hellblade and EVERYONE was raving about it.

So I caved lol

Fucking hell, the game is amazing. It's hands down the best intro to a VR game I've seen so far. Amazing. I've played it using my Xbox controller and the combat is top notch. No motion control use as far as I'm aware but this is usual for third person action adventure games in VR.

You wouldn't have thought that third person games would work too well in VR but imo they're some of the best VR games available. Hellblade, Edge Of Nowhere and Chronos are all amazing games as are the platformers Lucky's Tale and Moss.

And it's great to see that more studios are bringing AAA quality games to VR, rather than all us headset owners relying on Oculus-Facebook to fund developers to make these high quality titles.

These last three (Hellblade, Fallout 4 VR and Skyrim VR) are all titles converted to VR but I reckon we're only a few years away from having these sort of titles being made for VR from the start.

We're not too far away from flat gaming dying imo, probably 10 years away...So you Luddites had better get ready for a shock :P 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3909 on: August 10, 2018, 06:37:28 PM »
I wish I could play Hellblade in longer sessions. I tend to like playing action adventure games in long sessions because they're easy to get into but my leg means I can only play for around 30 minutes at a time. :'(

Beat the first big boss last night, the Helraven, a bit too easy though imo but it was the first big boss.

Offline jman

« Reply #3910 on: August 21, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
Well Amazon emailed me saying they couldn't get Shenmue Remastered out to me today, so I cancelled with them, picked it up at Argos a second ago for £5 cheaper too..

Shenmue all-nighter tomorrow methinks, can't wait, I fucking love those games! ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #3911 on: August 23, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »
Did about 5 hours on Shenmue last night.. forgot how truly tragic the dialogue is ("Don't you know blackmail is waayyy uncool" lol) and the controls really feel wooden by todays standards - and this was a ground-breaking game at the time!  But it's awesome.. I realised that I don't actually remember loads about the first one, and was getting some parts of the second one mixed up... so actually I'm really looking forward to replaying the second one.

Got a feeling the third one (which I think has just been announced to release on 27th August 2019 - which is 1.5 years late) - is probably not going to be as amazing.. but it ties up the trilogy (I hope).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:57:31 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #3912 on: August 23, 2018, 01:29:42 PM »
Yup, some of the dialogue and in particular the voice acting is pretty dire in a lot of these early games lol ;D

One of the worst has to be the first three Resident Evil games, but the weird thing is that as the dialogue and voice acting improved the quality of the games went downhill.

4 was still reasonable but 5 and 6 were godawful in terms of overall quality. Things seemed to have balanced out with 7 though, but I haven't played that yet because I'm hoping that Oculus will be announcing that for the Rift at the end of September. If not then I'll just buy the flat version and use VorpX to play it in VR I think.

I'm surprised that Capcom haven't brought this to PC VR yet tbh. Most of the work has already been done for the PSVR SKU after all, they could probably do a quick and dirty gamepad only port in a couple of months at the most and it should sell enough to make a profit on it. Hell, if Oculus fund development for it in return for 6 months exclusivity in the Oculus Store then that would be win-win for both parties.

Probably won't see it happening though.

Offline Late

« Reply #3913 on: September 03, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »
If any of you were fans of Theme Hospital back in the day, I can thoroughly recommend Two Point Hospital. It only can out a couple of days ago but I've got over 30 logged on Steam.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3914 on: September 04, 2018, 06:47:09 AM »
Was going to buy it on release, but still haven't replaced my pc and my current one can't run it :(  Looks great and I loved theme hospital