https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663048 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #375 on: May 06, 2012, 08:48:21 PM »
Who says there's no rumble..?

Once again I think you find yourself at crossed purposes with someone because you've used big words to try and sound clever...

You've moaned about the lack of haptic feedback on the U for ages.
What does haptic mean to you? Cos as far as I'm aware it's just a pompous way of saying rumble/force feedback, but maybe I'm missing something. I often am.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #376 on: May 06, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »
Completely different mate. I was hoping for a haptic screen not a haptic controller. There are basically two different types of haptic technology. The first, developed by Senseg, is for use on a touchscreen and enables users to feel the textures on the screen. The second, developed by Artificial Muscle, is for use on the device itself...and is pretty much Rumble 2.0 that gives a more tactile rumble based on sound. Just because it doesn't have Rumble 2.0 doesn't mean that it doesn't have Rumble 1.0. Like I've said there's no reason why Nintendo won't have traditional rumble. ;)

Also have read a leak regarding the PS4 and 720. Sony and Microsoft appear to have not learnt any lessons at all this gen. Both consoles are going to be using 3D stacking for it's RAM so you're guaranteed to have more than 2GB of RAM and the PS4 is going to have a GPU capable of producing 1800 GFlops (compared to the U's expected 600-800 GFlops (depending on clockspeed)). And the 720 is going to be more powerful than that. :o

So, in layman's terms, the PS4 is going to be around 10 times more powerful than the 360, the U between 3 and 4 times more powerful than the 360 and the 720 should be around 12 times more powerful than the 360. Which should give us next gen being on a par with last gen - U = PS2, PS4 = Gamecube and 720 = Xbox.

Wasn't expecting Sony and Microsoft to go for that sort of horsepower next gen, particularly the former due to their financial situation. :-\ We'll probably be looking at them both retailing for around £400 which could end up biting them both on the bum. Microsoft won't be having any problems but Sony could end up being right in it, especially if the Vita continues to fail hard in Japan for the next year.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #377 on: May 07, 2012, 10:25:12 AM »
Thats the extreme tracks in trials done, that box on the slope on the track called "the wreck" is by far the hardest obstacle in the whole game, here's a hint, you need a run-up  ;)

Been preoccupied with football manager this week though, but might try and finish some more of those achievements on trials now extreme is out of the way  ;D

Offline bealec

« Reply #378 on: May 07, 2012, 10:01:32 PM »
Another glitch with Skyrim. I have a bounty in Markarth that I can't get rid of. None of the options I select get rid of it. Even my influence as Thane doesn't get rid of it. I'm just killing guards now it's my only way around it.

Offline jman

« Reply #379 on: May 07, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »
Yep, I did warn against that glitch on the old forums as I had it, there is a way round it fortunately, complete the stormcloak quests

Offline bealec

« Reply #380 on: May 07, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
Yeh I've already done the Stormcloak quests that's the problem.

Offline jman

« Reply #381 on: May 07, 2012, 10:30:01 PM »
Lol unlucky then, I'd restart it from before that jail quest then if you can as I spent ages trying alternatives to completing the stormcloaks quest and nothing worked

Offline styles

« Reply #382 on: May 07, 2012, 11:10:23 PM »
those markath lot are after me as well. lol

Im level 26 now and working hard on the college quests and trying to level up specific skills.

i still event killed enough dragons either
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #383 on: May 08, 2012, 01:04:05 AM »
Urgh, I feel sick...

To get within a tenth of a second of gold on any level on Trials is frustrating - but to do so on the eight minute "Gigatrack" level is just ridiculous.  :'(
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #384 on: May 08, 2012, 07:48:49 AM »
Lol unlucky then, I'd restart it from before that jail quest then if you can as I spent ages trying alternatives to completing the stormcloaks quest and nothing worked

It's weird though because I did the Cidna mine quest ages ago and I've been to Markarth so many times since then and nothing happened till last night. Problem is my bounty is now so high the guards attack on sight.

Offline harv

« Reply #385 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:08 AM »
Shame you can't wear a disguise lol :P

Really annoying having bugs like that, that's why I always have several staggered saves when playing any Elder Scrolls or Fallout game. And the annoying thing is that you can't always figure out what causes these bugs so that you can avoid them later. Way too many variables involved, must be as much of a bitch to test as Champ Man was. :o >:(

I still have nightmares about testing Champ Man now lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #386 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:45 AM »
This is why you should buy all of these type of games on a pc really.. with the modding ability, you can get round any glitch, Elder Scrolls has always been a PC game first and foremost

You can use invisibility potions to get through Markarth.. but its a real pig trying to do any quests that involve doing something there or just handing a quest in there... its probably the biggest glitch in the game along with all the dragon glitches they fixed..... I only thought it came from that jail/mine quest (if you hit a guard when escaping).. and didnt think it could happen if you completed the stormcloak quest.. guess I was wrong.. I would suggest waiting until they fix it then, there really is nothing else you can do I dont think..

Offline styles

« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »
obvious question but have you Googled it to see if there is a solution? i got out of Markath cos all the guards were after me cos i killed three of them who were foresworn or something. i didn't think the rest would be after me tho once i killed the others, even said there were no witnesses.

i must try to see what my bounty is, hope I've not the same problem lol
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #388 on: May 08, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »
Have you been back to Markarth since you completed that quest... I didnt realise it had happened to me until I went back.. and by then I had progressed quite a bit and didnt want to waste all that by reloading a save... I tried loads of solutions online.. none of them worked.. only when I completed the stormcloak quest did the guards go back to normal behaviour.

Offline styles

« Reply #389 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »
what triggered it?

Work hard, be nice.