https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662997 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3930 on: October 28, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
Red Dead 2 is fucking amazing... the amount of detail in that game is immense... they even have horse testicle physics lol. 

Pissed off though because I was chasing this guy earlier who was riding near the train tracks, I caught him with my lasso but my horse drifted onto the tracks into an oncoming train lol.  Unfortunately once your horse is dead, it's dead for good :(

Offline harv

« Reply #3931 on: October 28, 2018, 08:19:24 PM »
I never got around to buying and playing the first one, I love a bit of coybows and Indians too ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3932 on: October 29, 2018, 04:30:04 PM »
Red Dead 2 is fucking amazing... the amount of detail in that game is immense... they even have horse testicle physics lol. 

Pissed off though because I was chasing this guy earlier who was riding near the train tracks, I caught him with my lasso but my horse drifted onto the tracks into an oncoming train lol.  Unfortunately once your horse is dead, it's dead for good :(

Agreed, Red dead 2 looks so so good. I don't even have a PS4 but I am so tempted to buy 1 just for this game. It's a real shame it is not available for PC.
The new Assassins Creed is also really good.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline harv

« Reply #3933 on: November 04, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »
Fucking hell, this Elite Dangerous update coming soon is going to be fucking AWESOME  :o

They've made major changes to both Exploration and mining.

The way mining worked before you'd pop into a RES (Resource Extraction Site), fly up to an asteroid, launch a Prospector limpet (a little robot that can be programmed to do different talks such as prospecting, collecting resources, transferring fuel, repairing other ships) and that will tell you what's in the asteroid in terms of mineable materials. You then get a mining laser and zap the asteroid which cuts into the surface and releases materials.

It was always a chilled out thing to do if you thrust your ship away from pirates and had some mellow music playing.

But now they've added some real depth to it. You can still do things the old way if you want but if you want more depth you fire a Prospector limpet into the asteroid and it scans it. Scanning reveals surface materials, sub-surface materials and fissures.

You blast the surface ones with a mining laser like you did before, you get the sub-surface ones with small explosive charges and the fissures you blast with a bloody great big seismic charge which blows the asteroid into different pieces. Awesome. 8)

I have to say that the guys doing the sound effects for this game are doing a fantastic job. This is hands down the best sound effects I've ever heard in a video game. :D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3934 on: November 05, 2018, 09:06:27 AM »
Only managed 38% through RDR2 so far.. I think what I love about the game is that it grounds itself firmly in reality and has such a high level of detail - just as an example, you can have a shave in the game, but you can't increase the beard length unless you grow it out.. I'm currently at level 6 of 10 beard lol.  Also I haven't won a fight with a bear yet.. once the bear gets you, you're fucked basically!

Some of the quests are a bit boring, but that's by-the-by when you've got a billion side-missions and other activities to do.  Fishing/Card Collecting/Gambling/Hunting/Geology/Robbing/Bounty Hunting.. just some of them.  So far with the gambling - I've played Poker, Five Finger Fillet and Dominoes, but I've heard there is Blackjack, Liars Dice and Horseshoes somewhere on the map too.

Offline harv

« Reply #3935 on: November 05, 2018, 01:18:09 PM »
In those days you were gambling every time you went upstairs with a whore in the saloon lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Can you shag whores in the game..?

Offline jman

« Reply #3936 on: November 06, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »
Haven't seen you can do that yet.. I would be surprised if you couldn't though.

Went wandering up north doing a bit of exploration last night and finally found a blackjack table - and lost a ton of money, but have managed to get past the next level of Gambler challenges (win 5 times at blackjack when doubling down).  Theres like 6/7 different challenges related to different parts of the game, i.e. Gunslinger, Herbalist, Horseman, Gambler.. etc - I'm finding these quite fun.. but I can't see to do the next horseman challenge which is to lasso someone and drag them 3300 feet lol.

Offline Late

« Reply #3937 on: November 08, 2018, 11:12:10 PM »
Was torn between cod and rdr but it was a midnight "ok I'm buying one or the other" moment and cod made slightly more sense as it'd be digital. I figure it's more likely I'll be playing cod for six months than rdr.
I'll probably pick up a physical copy of Red Dead in a month or two.

Loving two of the new game modes in Black Ops 4 (both of which are "heavily influenced" by other FPS games).
Blackout (battle royale); and Heist (start with a crappy gun, get cash depending on how you do, tool up for the next round).
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3938 on: November 09, 2018, 09:43:01 AM »
RDR Online is supposed to be coming out in November, I'm only 45% through the game at the moment.. so I'm hoping it'll be out by the time I finish it.. and I hope they confirm cross-play too.  I think you could easily get 6 months out of RDR2 to be honest ;)

I've heard you can't shag women in the game.. but you can beat them to death lol.. news of people battering the Suffragette women to death surfaced earlier this week lol.  Don't understand the outcry.. its just a game.

Offline harv

« Reply #3939 on: November 15, 2018, 07:41:26 PM »
Plus they should have known full well that if they had stayed in their houses doing the housework and dropping sprogs the way they should be then they would still be breathing. ;D

The company that are making the Yaw VR motion simulators are going to start shipping to Kickstarter backers this month! A bit later than they planned because a few technical issues delayed things a bit. They were originally planning to start shipping to Kickstarter backers in August.

I'm REALLY hoping that these things are going to be great, driving and flight sims are awesome in VR as it is but playing these things in a motion simulator will bring things to a completely different level altogether  :o

With a bit of luck I'll be able to afford one in May next year all going well. I've just got to stop myself from buying stuff that isn't essential so no more games from now on and I'm also going to be watching what I buy when in the supermarket. If I don't get one in May I'll definitely be getting one in November next year, assuming that these things review well.

Offline jman

« Reply #3940 on: November 19, 2018, 09:09:00 AM »
Just buy a bucket and sit in it.. tipping yourself from side to side every so often.. sounds like a great way to play games ;D

Myself.. I'd rather just sit on my sofa and play games.. finished RDR2 last night.. just going through the epilogue now.. certainly the most detailed game I've ever played.. it really is the dogs bollox.

Offline harv

« Reply #3941 on: November 19, 2018, 06:34:22 PM »
Well I haven't decided to get one just yet, I'm going to wait for some reviews. It doesn't LOOK very comfortable but appearances can be deceptive for things like this. It also doesn't look very easy to get in and out of either lol ;D

I tend to play flight and driving sims for long periods so I'll be interested to hear how good or bad it feels after four or five hours.

It's an absolutely STUNNING piece of engineering though, particularly the fact that it's so light and collapses inside itself and has a small footprint when assembled. And all at less than half the price of the next cheapest motion simulator too.

They're in discussions with potential investors at the moment so hopefully they'll be able to move the parts being manufactured in Eastern Europe currently to China which will cut the price even further.

It's around this sort of time I wish that I could win a ridiculous amount of money on the Euromillions and give them a million quid or so. Great ideas like this really do need investment to reach their full potential. I'm surprised that they haven't put an appearance on Dragons' Den yet tbh.

Offline Late

« Reply #3942 on: November 19, 2018, 11:49:52 PM »
Finally activated my trial of Game Pass last week, and I've had a lot of fun playing games I wouldn't ordinarily look at. I can see myself signing up to this.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3943 on: December 01, 2018, 11:14:25 AM »
Woo hoo! My credit card company overcharged me some interest and they refunded it, only £107 but I've spent £49.98 on a 480GB SSD and the other 57 quid will be going towards my Yaw VR motion simulator for next year. 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #3944 on: December 03, 2018, 07:46:03 AM »
Finally activated my trial of Game Pass last week, and I've had a lot of fun playing games I wouldn't ordinarily look at. I can see myself signing up to this.

Yep, they've got their hooks into you now, there's no escape...

I just 100%ed Sheltered from XGP - I'd say download it because I got a little bit addicted to it (which is good for an indie game) - very much like Fallout Shelter, but different I guess... unfortunately there are so many minor flaws with the game, it gets a bit frustrating in places.. and its got a bastard learning curve - mainly because the tutorial is total bollox and it just chucks you in the deep end - I ended up restarting 3 times before I found a groove.

Also Shantae the Half Genie Hero is definitely worth a download, linear Metroid style game but its good and addictive too - I downloaded both Shantae games on XGP, but played the HGH one first - then found out that HGH is the 4th and latest game in the Shantae series... the other one (Pirates Curse) is nowhere near as good.. I think perhaps if I had played them in the right order, I wouldn't be that bothered.. but the art style is massively different - and that made me sad.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:52:50 AM by jman »