https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662743 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #390 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »
I did google it but the only solution that seems to work is the one Jman mentioned which is the Stormcloak one but I did those quests before the Cidna mine quest. Apparently it stems from resisting arrest in the Temple of Talos. If you submit it shouldn't happen. Oh well killing guards will raise my 1 handed and light armour skills.

Offline Late

« Reply #391 on: May 08, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »
Ordered Assassin's Creed Revelations today (Ottoman ed.n with the dlc). I like the AC games but don't think they're worth full price. Happy to pay £17.95 though ;)
They've not dispatched it yet, and Amazon are now doing it for fifteen quid - so cancelled the original order (sorry zavvi - you snooze you lose) and re-ordered from Amazon. Can't argue with £14.97 (same price on both consoles)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline styles

« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »
I did google it but the only solution that seems to work is the one Jman mentioned which is the Stormcloak one but I did those quests before the Cidna mine quest. Apparently it stems from resisting arrest in the Temple of Talos. If you submit it shouldn't happen. Oh well killing guards will raise my 1 handed and light armour skills.

ah right, that's what i did. i always resist arrest lol
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #393 on: May 09, 2012, 09:08:34 AM »
Did the Unyielding II achievement on trials this morning.. (doing Rock Steady without fault or moving rider position)... its not as hard as it sounds, but it will take you tons of trial and error to get it right.. if anyone needs any help/tips on how to jump certain bits just let me know although Im sure you can just as easy watch a video, but I didnt  8)  I also "platinumed" it and beat both your guys times  :P

I think I am going to have to watch videos for the squirrels achievement, havent even found one yet lol.. no idea what they even look like..

Could probably get all achievements for this game.. although need a new live subscription for the multiplayer ones, still havent bothered to renew it yet.. I did see a 2 months for £2 offer on the 1st tab on the dashboard, clicked on it and it took me to a trailer for max payne 3 ..  :o lol  Let me know if anyone spots any good deals

Also took a audit of my games last night.. took me a while, listed 50 games that Im definitely never going to play again to sell on flea-gay..  :(  Hoping for about £3 each.. £150 would go quite nicely towards a new pushbike  :D

Offline bealec

« Reply #394 on: May 09, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
Found another supposed fix for the Markarth guard glitch. Haven't tried it yet but have you heard of it Jman as you mentioned you'd tried a few. Apparently you go to Markarth and get to the Tenple of Talos without being seen by the guards go inside and there will be three guards. Two will attack you and one does the Cidna mine speech. You run through the dialogue with the third guard then he goes to act. Sheaf your weapons like you do when you submit to a guard and it reverts to the normal arrest speech and you can just pay your bounty and it fixes it.

As I mentioned I haven't tried it so don't know if it works. I'm going to give it a go later.

Here's a YouTube video Incase my explanation isn't clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4cgvCPRunU&nomobile=1

Offline jman

« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »
That was the first fix I tried doing, but when I got into the temple, no-one was there.. just 3 dead guards on the floor lol.. I had already killed them previously... in fact Im sure the first time I went into the temple...all 3 attacked me and wouldnt stop, so didnt have much choice but to kill them all.. and then I did the jail/mine quest afterwards when I surrendered to a random guard outside the temple.... so I cant tell you if that fix will work or not because the guards were dead.. but good luck!!

Offline bealec

« Reply #396 on: May 09, 2012, 03:17:49 PM »
I killed them also so they may already be dead. I'll have a look.

Offline harv

« Reply #397 on: May 09, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »
Am I the only one here that gets gaming ants in my pants..? Generally I'm fine, I'll play a game to completion without a problem but every now and then I just can't seem to settle on playing just one, I'll be playing something for 5 or 10 minutes and then switch to something else. :-\

Have just started Dead Island and am really liking it so far...but the mood I'm in, as described above, I won't be playing it for too long lol. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #398 on: May 09, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
Golden Week in Japan has seen sales increases for hardware for every platform apart from the Vita. :-\ Not good. Sony need to announce some sort of system seller at E3 next month otherwise the platform is in serious trouble for third party support in one or two years time. :o >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline bealec

« Reply #399 on: May 09, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
Tried the fix. It didn't work I made it to the shrine without being seen and the guards inside were alive but they just started with the looped speech.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
...And this was GOTY worthy?  ::)

Offline bealec

« Reply #401 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
People are saying that it would stop them playing the game. It hasn't stopped me. I think it bothers the achievement/trophy hounds who need to go there to get certain things but for me I'm not fussed I just kill all the guards.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2012, 09:32:34 PM »
It stopped me, I was enjoying it up until I couldn't take 5 steps without hitting a massive wall of crippling lag.

Offline bealec

« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2012, 09:35:03 PM »
Yeh but that's a game breaking issue. The guards always chasing me isn't.

Offline harv

« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
It stopped me, I was enjoying it up until I couldn't take 5 steps without hitting a massive wall of crippling lag.

Hasn't that been sorted yet..? :o