https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662774 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #405 on: May 10, 2012, 09:43:03 AM »
Bioshock Infinite's release date has been put back to the end of Feb 2013. >:(

Maybe releasing a trailer for the game in summer 2010 was a bad idea if it's not going to materialise until 2013.
Really looking forward to this game, but they've learned nothing from the likes of Duke Nukem, Gran Turismo, et al - you can't keep delaying a game for years to keep polishing it. The industry, technology, and competition are all moving forward while you're still tweaking a game that's three or four years old...

It stopped me, I was enjoying it up until I couldn't take 5 steps without hitting a massive wall of crippling lag.
Hasn't that been sorted yet..? :o
Aye, months ago
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #406 on: May 10, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »
Well stop bloody complaining then ross lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #407 on: May 10, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
Sony today posted losses for the year of approx £3.7bn.
Holy hell but that's a lot of moolah!

Wouldn't be surprised if Apple and/or Google are sniffing round Sony's financial records around about now...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #408 on: May 10, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
Yup, they're in right trouble at the moment and 10,000 jobs are going too. The only money they're making is from films and gaming I think.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline styles

« Reply #409 on: May 10, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
probably get to level 30 tonight. I've much more of a clue these days lol
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #410 on: May 10, 2012, 10:27:08 PM »
Christ on a bike, Activision have sold over 30m Skylander thingummybobs :o

Going to be interesting to see how many Pokemon cards/figurines with NFC tech inside that Nintendo can sell when the inevitable Pokemon U title is released. It's going to be a licence to print money. :o :o :o

Offline jman

« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2012, 08:53:12 AM »
Yeah something I'd be very worried about if you were considering buying a Wii U.. you know what the skylanders thing is right.. a kiddy toy that screams tack.. Ubisofts trailer for the rabbids game shows it being used like the skylanders toy.. lol its gonna be so gayzor!!!   Your probably right though, it could sell a lot if used with Pokemon/other annoying bollocks..  it definitely wouldnt appeal to "hardcore gamers" which is the market nintendo are supposed to be after right ??

Done a bit of research on ebay to see how much I could be getting from my game sale.. looks like I should be expecting between £250-£300 for 50 games.. thats based on the average selling price of the games im selling over the last couple of days - some of the games I have are worth quite a bit now  :o

Offline Late

« Reply #412 on: May 11, 2012, 09:40:28 AM »
Should probably do something similar myself, this year.

When I upgrade to the new gen of console I always either keep the games "just in case I want to play them again" (has only happened once or twice and every time I've been disappointed with them now that I'm used to the improvements in the next generation) or I sell the games a year or two after getting the next console - at which point the old games are worth very little.
Makes sense to recoup some cash now while the market's still there.

That said, I did buy a load of bubble wrap and padded envelopes toward the back end of last year so that I could sell my ps1 games on ebay (most are worth about £2, but a handful are worth about twenty quid each - which adds up when there's a few). Haven't gotten round to doing so yet. It's on my list of things to do...

Offline Late

« Reply #413 on: May 11, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »
Portal Turret.
Well done sir!

Offline harv

« Reply #414 on: May 11, 2012, 10:25:01 AM »
Latest rumour is that the U is getting a SKU of Final Fantasy XIV :o

Not too bothered myself as I personally think the franchise is overrated but that would be huge news for Nintendo in Japan. That would mean they've managed to secure three huge system sellers over there. The biggest of which is Dragon Quest X, the Japanese government don't allow Square Enix to release those games on a working day apparently lol. :o ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #415 on: May 11, 2012, 11:12:30 AM »
Should probably do something similar myself, this year.

When I upgrade to the new gen of console I always either keep the games "just in case I want to play them again" (has only happened once or twice and every time I've been disappointed with them now that I'm used to the improvements in the next generation) or I sell the games a year or two after getting the next console - at which point the old games are worth very little.

Makes sense to recoup some cash now while the market's still there.

The market will pretty much disappear just before the new system is out.. which will be next year.. Im not worried about that.. I just need to make a bit more space on the book shelf and I do have far too many games, some of which will never get played again for certain.. there is no point hanging onto them...

Just a few games I was suprised at the price on...

Mass Effect sold on average for £8.00
Guitar Hero 2 sold on average for £10.00
Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda sold on average for £11
Batman: AA sold on average for £13.00
LOTR:BFME2 sold on average for £16.00

Some of these games I wouldnt expect more than a fiver from, so more than happy to get rid of them for a good price - all of these had £2 P&P on too which IMO is way too much... especially when they send them 2nd class after all that.

I tell you what though, it was a bit of a gut-wrench to choose 50 games to get rid off.. I listed 15 down quite easily.. but then I was finding it hard to list the others...I tried not to get rid of games that are part of a collection of games.. so if I wanted to keep Dead Space 2 for example.. I wouldnt want to sell Dead Space 1... although that just wasnt working as I have quite a few like that.. I had to tell myself a few times that it didnt matter what collections I had.. because as soon as the NextBox/PS4 comes out.. I will be getting rid of pretty much all of them.. (I think Im just gonna keep my collection of Halo games and thats it)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:16:42 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #416 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »
Latest rumour is that the U is getting a SKU of Final Fantasy XIV :o
The crappy MMO from a couple years back?  ???

Offline jman

« Reply #417 on: May 11, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »
It'll be the (next) new one (14).. but then nintendo have had exclusive final fantasy versions on the DS for ages now, so its not major news if it does happen.. its certainly not a system seller over in the west anymore.. mainly because the quality of Final Fantasy games have gone down hill since Final Fantasy 11 and with the reinvention of western RPGs such as Fallout & Elder Scrolls series.. people have turned away from traditional JRPGs and want something else now.. Final Fantasy is no longer the powerhouse it once was.. (but I'd sure as hell buy re-releases of FF7, FF8 and FF9 anyday of the week).

I finally got my 2 months for £2 offer from xbox live.. so gonna go for 100% on trials evo achievements.. whose with me !! ??  Lets have a race!! (P.S. I'd already be winning) ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #418 on: May 11, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »
I finally got my 2 months for £2 offer from xbox live.. so gonna go for 100% on trials evo achievements.. whose with me !! ??  Lets have a race!! (P.S. I'd already be winning) ;D

I've not used the features on my gold account in ages (probably since early Nov 2011, when I tried MW3 and BF3 and wasn't massively impressed with either), so might have a look at the online on this just so I don't feel the cash I'm paying for my subscription is a complete waste of money. :(
I did try local multiplayer on Trials Evo, though, and was thoroughly unimpressed. Was very week - hopefully online's different.

Still haven't got my gold medal on the Gigatrack, despite a ridiculous number of attempts. Part of the problem is I'm putting it on at midnight when our lass goes to bed, but am knackered and falling asleep shortly after that. I keep snapping awake to find I'm half-way round the track with no faults but about half an hour on the clock.

Ignoring the Extreme levels, I think there's only three tracks I've not got gold on, yet (and that hasn't changed in days). First is the aforementioned gigatrack. Next is called Warehouse 24 (or something like that). Has an inverted U bend on an air-con system near the end of the level which I find a complete nightmare to get past. You're allowed 5 faults - I could probably do the course with zero faults if not for that one jump, which usually kills me about 30 times. Can't remember the third track that's got me stumped (possibly Bridge of Trails?) - but all three are currently at Silver.

If you've still not seen any squirrels, re-do the very first test ("D Licence"?), and just watch the end sequence after the finishing line - there's a squirrel there if you wait for about ten seconds. I had to use a guide to find them all.
Most are pretty simple to do once you know about them, but a couple of them are tricky - for instance one involves going backwards at the start of the "Meltdown" level to set yourself on fire, then completing the track without fault so you're still alight as you cross the finish line...

Offline jman

« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2012, 03:40:24 PM »
I've had one go in an online race.. but I quit before I finished because I was doing embarrassingly bad compared to the others LOL.. one of the achievements is to win 5 online races.. cant see that happening straight away.. it is good fun racing 4 players though, Im just popping the easy achievements at the moment though.. so just jumped online to get the 5 different clothes/parts one... I'd classify 5 wins online, completing extreme, and the no faults on a tournament the hardest of the achievements, but they are easily do-able given time....the squirrel one sounds more time consuming than hard.. I found if your downloading tracks by the way, (for that 'chievo) I wouldnt stray too far from the RedLynx recommended ones.. some tracks are just absolute cack and dont work properly.. so your wasting your time playing them... I did the "Snake" track and it was great.. got a bit boring after a while though...

...I havent really attempted the Gigatrack since my first run on it.. it takes too bloody long lol... if your having trouble with extreme... you can look at replays on the leaderboard to find out how the top players have done each one (if it doesnt feel like cheating to you).. I cant believe some people's runs.. they almost look like they just held accelerate down the whole way through...

..for 1200MSP though, this game is an absolute steal because theres so much to do.. its such a bargain, I've been playing it on and off for about 3 weeks now.. that rarely happens with arcade games.. usually finish them within hours of purchasing..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:42:37 PM by jman »