https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662746 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #420 on: May 11, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »
...I havent really attempted the Gigatrack since my first run on it.. it takes too bloody long lol... if your having trouble with extreme... you can look at replays on the leaderboard to find out how the top players have done each one (if it doesnt feel like cheating to you).. I cant believe some people's runs.. they almost look like they just held accelerate down the whole way through...

..for 1200MSP though, this game is an absolute steal because theres so much to do.. its such a bargain, I've been playing it on and off for about 3 weeks now.. that rarely happens with arcade games.. usually finish them within hours of purchasing..

Aye, I've had a look at a few of the top players' goes on the extreme tracks - and as you say, they just seem to hold down accelerate and play just with balance. At first you think that's gotta be at least partly down to fluke - but then you look through the other leaderboards and keep seeing the same names. Those people have either got incredible dexterity, or they've found some way of cheating. Probably the former, but I can't help but wonder (which probably says more bad stuff about me than about them...)

As you say, it's a fantastic bargain at 1200msp (which works out at between £8 and £12 depending on where you buy your points).
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #421 on: May 11, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »
Latest rumour is that the U is getting a SKU of Final Fantasy XIV :o
The crappy MMO from a couple years back?  ???

Yup, but if it turns out to be true that means that Nintendo have secured the 3 biggest franchises in Japan - Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy. And all 3 are system sellers, they won't be able to make the things quick enough over there :o

The most important is Dragon Quest X, it's going to be bloomin huge over there. I may have underestimated the installed userbase that the U will probably have before the PS4 and 720 are released, the U is going to be ridiculously popular in Japan due to a combination of those 3 franchises and the fact that Japanese homes are generally small and most only have 1 telly. I did originally guesstimate 10-15m worldwide but it could very well be more than that. ???

Edit: And it seems that a leak on Gaf has now confirmed that the DRC will have clickable sticks, although I'd personally prefer it not to because I tend to click them by accident when playing with my 360 and PS3 controllers lol. And if they've opted for clickable sticks I'd say that it's pretty much given that they'll use analog triggers too. ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:07:02 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #422 on: May 11, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
Why do we care what sells in Japan? The Wii U may sell well in Japan but it'll be bottom of the pile everywhere else.

Offline harv

« Reply #423 on: May 11, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »
The more a console sells in each territory the more worldwide third party support it'll get. That's why Sony are crapping themselves over the sales of the Vita in Japan. Capcom, Square Enix, Tecmo Koei, Namco Bandai, Konami and Sega are all important publishers with IPs with worldwide appeal. If one or more of those aren't on board then a platform holder has a serious dent in third party support.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #424 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »
Apart from Ubisoft though,who always back Nintendo, the Wii U has no other confirmed 3rd party making a new ip or exclusive for the console. And for a console that is supposed to be focusing on getting 3rd party on board, it doesn't sound like they are doing a great job of it

All of the supposed leaks are usually all bullcrap as well, I don't know why you bother to take notice of them

Offline bealec

« Reply #425 on: May 11, 2012, 11:53:48 PM »
The Japanese market is a weird one though. They like their JRPG's but developers who don't make JRPG's aren't going to give a crap what console is selling in Japan when the majority of people who play their games live in Europe and America. Surely they will go with which console is selling best in Europe or America which will be either the 720 or PS4.

Offline harv

« Reply #426 on: May 12, 2012, 01:25:54 AM »
Apart from Ubisoft though,who always back Nintendo, the Wii U has no other confirmed 3rd party making a new ip or exclusive for the console. And for a console that is supposed to be focusing on getting 3rd party on board, it doesn't sound like they are doing a great job of it

All of the supposed leaks are usually all bullcrap as well, I don't know why you bother to take notice of them

There haven't been any third party titles announced due to Nintendo's strict NDAs, but there was a great deal of third party support demonstrated at last years E3.

The launch and launch window list from third parties is looking particularly impressive:

Lego City Stories (published by Nintendo but developed by a third party dev)
Assassin's Creed 3
Dragon Quest X
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Batman Arkham City
Aliens Colonial Marines
Darksiders 2
Ghost Recon Online
Killer Freaks From Outer Space
Untitled Rabbids game

And the following are confirmed on their way:

Metro Last Light
Rayman Legends
Formula 1
Untitled Tekken game
Untitled Battlefield game

And the following are pretty certain imo:

Resident Evil 6
GTA V
CoD BlOps 2

And those were announced before Nintendo went mental with their NDAs. You can probably add another few exclusives there after E3. There's going to be a major information blowout next month. Love them or hate them you have to give Nintendo a great deal of credit for how they've managed to keep the lid on things, it's quite remarkable tbh. :o

Offline styles

« Reply #427 on: May 12, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »
level 31 now ;D

got Markath sorted as well - by accident! had a drinking game with some guy in falkrith and woke up in markath. went outside and instead of fightingallowed myself to get arrested. sent to jail and did the breakout quest.

downside is that there will be foresworn everywhere now but that's ok.

other good news is that i unlocked all the shouts i have found to date. was only using the original ones the greybeards teach you. didn't realise everytime you kill a dragon you have to choose which shout to unlock! had 7 stored and unlocked all of them, which to use now though??? Which ones did everyone else use?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline bealec

« Reply #428 on: May 12, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »
I use Unrelenting Force to fling enemies across the land. Im level 44 now. I killed all the guards in Markarth and they haven't respawned so I can just wander freely.

Offline harv

« Reply #429 on: May 12, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »
You're all a bunch of poofs with all this use of magic :o Real men use a proper weapon 8)

I always play Elder Scrolls games with minimum use of magic myself, although I'm not sure if that's possible in Skyrim faced with giants and dragons..? I only use magic for healing usually. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #430 on: May 12, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »
You're all a bunch of poofs with all this use of magic :o

Wii.

Need I say more?
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #431 on: May 12, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
At least I fight with a sword yer big woofter :P

Offline bealec

« Reply #432 on: May 12, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »
Plus it's not magic it's just talking in dragon language. The technical term is Thun.

Pfft newbs.

Offline harv

« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2012, 05:17:25 PM »
Plus it's not magic it's just talking in dragon language. The technical term is Thun.

Pfft newbs.

Same bloomin difference lol :P

Offline styles

« Reply #434 on: May 13, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »
level 32 now.

makes sense to use magic. i usually use fire in my left hand and a sword in my right. Im a demon archer tho as well, i love sneak attacking and capturing souls mwahahaha
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.