https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 618944 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #4020 on: November 14, 2020, 12:25:41 AM »
In Elite Dangerous, that is!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #4021 on: January 12, 2021, 10:22:54 PM »
Got my final Plevin payment from Capital One, should be arriving in the next few days 😎😁😎

Not as much as I was hoping, only £329.41 after the company doing all the work for me have taken their cut but it's nearly 330 quid out of nowhere so I'm quite happy. 😁

Means that when I get my £550ish in May that I usually use to pay some money off my credit card I can pay that money off, plus the 330 quid and get myself a Yaw VR motion simulator in a few months time!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #4022 on: April 27, 2021, 04:24:49 AM »
Change of plan.

I'm not getting a Yaw motion simulator. I'm getting a Yaw 2 motion simulator.

I backed this on Friday:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346206518/yaw2-motion-simulator-and-smart-chair/description

It's basically the Yaw motion simulator with flashing knobs on lol 😂

I've backed it to the tune of $1840 dollars so far, but might increase that by getting the seat too.

I'll have to pay VAT when it gets imported into the country but thanks to one of the backers working for Customs and giving them advice I don't think I'll need to pay a tariff asking that they do the paperwork correctly 😎😁😎

Trailer for it here:

https://youtu.be/jNe77pauQUw

The Yaw 1 looked more than a little dodgy but I was quite happy to invest in it because the likes of Elite Dangerous and War Thunder would have been an incredible experience in it but the Yaw 2 is on a whole different level altogether 😲

I'm a bit nervous as I've never spent that sort of money on a Kickstarter before. Sometimes these sort of things don't get released, but they did a good job with the Yaw 1 so I'm risking it.

If it doesn't get released I'm not too worried about it.

It's due for release in September but these sort of things get delayed all the time and I'm backer number 98 so even if it releases on time I might not get it until next year. 😲

Still debating on whether to add the seat to it or whether I'm going to just get a cheap gaming chair for it.

Some of these cheap gaming chairs are all connected to the plate at the bottom and for a gaming chair to be compatible it needs to have a flat bottom. Don't want to get a cheap chair, start to take it apart and find that it all falls apart when I take that plate off lol 😲😂😂😂

Offline harv

« Reply #4023 on: May 15, 2021, 04:25:56 AM »
I'm now all in on this thing lol 😂

Decided to go for the Pro version of the Yaw 2, the Pro version of the Yaw Platform and the seat too.

I'll worry about paying for it later, might need to sell a kidney 😝😂😂😂

$2390 plus a 3% currency conversion fee from my credit card company. So that's $2461.70/£1750.74 on my credit card.

Then when it gets imported into the UK I'll need to pay 20% VAT on that plus whatever fees for Customs & Excise too. With a bit of luck it'll be classed as a PC peripheral in the code thingy cos there'll be nothing extra to pay. PC peripherals are zero rated for tariffs.

Knowing my luck though I'll have to pay a bloody fortune to Customs!!! 😲

However much it costs me it's going to be worth it, this thing is gonna be AMAZEBALLS in VR 😎😁😎

Offline harv

« Reply #4024 on: October 29, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »
Been a while since anyone posted in this thread!

Resident Evil 4 VR for the Quest 2 released on the 21st October and it's fantastic!

Graphically it looks pretty dated, it is 16 years old after all(!), but it's definitely the best looking version of the lot.

And it plays SO well.

Plenty of comfort options too for those susceptible to sim sickness as well.

It's been billed as an exclusive by Facebook but there are hints, such as the lack of finger tracking, that it's going to be ported to other platforms in the future. We might see it being a launch title for PSVR 2 next year, perhaps?

There's also a Modder working on VR Mods for Resident Evils 2 and 3 and apparently he has plans to also Mod 7 and Village too. 😎😁😎

Facebook announced that GTA San Andreas is coming to the Quest 2 as well, and after playing the GTA V VR Mod I know that it's going to be AWESOME. No release date on that, and it's another one that's going to be a timed exclusive imo.

If it doesn't come to PC VR at a later date then I'll buy it for the Quest 2 to play it when I go to my Mum's to visit and then wait for the guy that did the GTA V VR Mod to work his magic so that I can play the game with my motion sim 😎😁😎

Talking of which the Yaw2 guys are planning on shipping Standard units to Kickstarter backers VERY soon, and the Pro versions to backers around a month later. Hopefully I'll get mine before the end of the year because I'm planning on going to visit my Mum on 31st December so won't be in for a couple of weeks at least in January.

I can always postpone my trip though!

So that's been some very big name games coming to VR now: Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 7 and now GTA San Andreas is on the way. 😁

Now that publishers are starting to bring big name games to VR, all we need is Microsoft to join the 21st Century and bring a VR headset to the Xbox and we'll start to see VR in gaming take off like crazy.

I reckon less than 10 years after they do this you'll see VR games being released by first, second and third party developers becoming the norm. Can't wait! 😁

Offline harv

« Reply #4025 on: October 31, 2021, 01:57:03 PM »
Resident Evil 2 VR Mod in action:

https://youtu.be/Q2s1cz3Qu6I

This is going to be incredible, can't wait for this thing to get released!

Offline harv

« Reply #4026 on: December 31, 2021, 09:26:49 PM »
The Resident Evil 2 VR Mod is getting released on New Year's Day! 😎😁😎

Offline harv

« Reply #4027 on: January 02, 2022, 04:42:40 AM »
Tried out Resident Evil 2 and 7. Only gamepad support for 7 and 8 so far but 2 and 3 have full motion controller support. Have nearly pooed my pants a couple of times lololol

Might buy 8 tomorrow and see what that's like and I'll try 3 tomorrow too.

These first two that I've tried have been CRAZY in VR, a few visual errors in 7 but that's because the mod isn't finished yet. I'm expecting 8 to be the same.

Definitely a must-try for any RE fan!!!