https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662875 times)

Offline AVFCRoss

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #450 on: May 19, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »
I bought the New Vegas DLC bundle thats on offer in the PS store.....£17.99 for the lot, which is 6 packs in total.

I wouldn't have bought it all seperately, and the bundle works out at £12 cheaper, so it's not a bad deal really. Might aswell make the most of their deals, since I won't be buying another game associated with Bethesda ever again.

I also bought Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2...It wasn't advertised in the deals of the week, but it was sneakily slashed in price too, good job I've been checking over the last few weeks since I've been wanting to finish up all the Bioshock 2 trophies for some time.....Got it for £3.49 reduced from £6.49.

Offline harv

« Reply #451 on: May 19, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »
I still haven't finished the first Bioshock, let alone the second. On my list of things to do lol.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #452 on: May 19, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
I think im going to take Skyrim out and play something else as ive been playing it for 75 hours now. I need a break so I'll play something else and come back.

Offline harv

« Reply #453 on: May 20, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
Hmmm...it appears that Nintendo have redesigned the DRC, replacing the slide pads with traditional analog sticks. Not too sure how I feel about that tbh as I've got to really like the slide pad on the 3DS, all they needed to do was have similar sort of grips that the 360 analog sticks have to stop your fingers slipping. Should have plenty of people happy though, particularly now we know that they're clickable. ;D

Some idiot at Travellers Tales in the QA department must have got fed up with working in the industry because he posted the pic on Twitter. There's no way he's kept his job over that, and nobody in the industry will touch him with a barge pole. :o

They've moved the + and - buttons which is a great improvement and there appears to be two squares without any sort of label, the one on the left may be the NFC doobrie I guess but the one on the right looks like an actual button. The Home button also has a light. 8)

For the sake of comparison, here's the DRC before the redesign:

Looks like they've reduced the screen size too which I'm disappointed with...unless they've increased the size of the buttons..? :-\ :(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:40:55 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline bealec

« Reply #454 on: May 20, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
That controller looks massive. It won't be very comfortable to use.

Offline harv

« Reply #455 on: May 20, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »
Not according to all hands-on reports, it's supposed to be light and ergonomically sound. If there's one thing that Nintendo have done right these last two gens it's designing controllers that are comfortable to use.

Edit: And now confirmation that the U can support two DRCs. Nice. Today is just getting better and better. :P
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:13:49 PM by harv »

Offline jman

« Reply #456 on: May 21, 2012, 08:39:46 AM »
If there's one thing that Nintendo have done right these last two gens it's designing controllers that are comfortable to use.

Its a wonder theres been so many cases of people smashing things with such a comfy controller then.  :o
Never heard of Wii Elbow.. comes about from using the controller so much..
Even nintendo warn you at the start of every game about overexertion of playing.. that doesnt indicate that playing a game with the wiimote is "comfy"

And I didnt think you had a gamecube.. not sure how you know how comfy the controller was in that case.. I had a gamecube.. and I can tell you for a fact that it is nowhere near as comfy as the xbox360 controller... the Z trigger was awkward for a start (and not pressure sensitive).. all of the buttons on the pad were different shapes too meaning that most games had to go with A as the dominant button because it took so much room up on the joypad - bad design... the yellow C stick was plasticky crap and not as comfy as just having two thumbsticks.. the D-pad never got used because it was in an awkward position and the start button was unreachable by fingers unless you moved your hand..  sorry harv.. but the gamepad was crap.. probably the worst of the gen.. (if you dont take into account the jumbo xbox original pad)

I wont even start on the three pronged monstrosity that was the N64 controller..

Offline Late

« Reply #457 on: May 21, 2012, 09:32:54 AM »
...If there's one thing that Nintendo have done right these last two gens...
There isn't.

Thanks - that was the most easily won argument I've ever been in!
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #458 on: May 21, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Regarding the remote I was talking about ergonomics, not whether idiots had let the things go. And when I was referring to the Gamecube controller I was talking in a previous gen context so you can't compare it to current gen consoles' controllers.

And yes, I do have a Gamecube controller thanks to the 100% backwards compatibility that the Wii has.

Like I've said, everyone that's used one has said it's ergonomically sound and that was before the moved the buttons. Moving the positions of the sticks and buttons should only improve the user feedback, wait until E3 and you'll see it being so. ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #459 on: May 21, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »
So you're saying everyone that touched the controller said it was great and everything was perfectly sized and positioned - then Nintendo moved and resized everything?

;D
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:34 PM »
Pretty funny recording from a CoD session the other day. My mate rages pretty hard at some bloke who keeps killing him LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvrvaJPG9-M

Offline harv

« Reply #461 on: May 25, 2012, 12:33:28 AM »
Blimey. Apparently Nintendo have got so much to reveal that they can't squeeze it all into one 60 minute conference like they normally do. They're having their usual 60 minutes on the 5th and then a developer discussion on the 6th and a software showcase on the 7th. :o

Edit: Glad to see that Manhunt 2 has deservedly been named as the goriest video game of all-time. Of course, to play it properly you need to play it uncut using Homebrew goodness, the ESRB and BBFC ruined a fantastic game by censoring it. Was definitely deserving the 94% score that NGamer awarded it in their world exclusive Uncut review. 8)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:57:28 AM by harv »

Offline Late

« Reply #462 on: May 25, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »
Ordered Final Fantasy XIII-2 from play.com.
£9.99 on 360/ps3.

I didn't bother with Final Fantasy XIII, due to the poor reviews (mainly I'm put off by the idea of a completely linear first ten hours or so). FF XIII-2 got better reviews, but I'm not sure how much sense it'll make if you've not played it's predecessor - though I'm told there's a synopsis at the start, to bring you up to date.
But I've been missing the series lately and am enjoying the Star Ocean game I started last week, so I figure it's definitely worth a punt at that price.

Won't get it played for a while, though. Haven't got very far into Star Ocean yet (I'm about 50 hours in - but if you exclude the time spent asleep but with the game timer still ticking away, and the time spent grinding I'm probably only about 8-10 hours in), and haven't yet started Metro 2033, Darksiders, or Assassins Creed Revelations.
There's about 6 or 7 other games I've not yet played, but they're all old cheapo ones that I'm in no rush to try.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:14:11 PM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #463 on: May 25, 2012, 11:36:27 AM »
I've never understood the appeal of the Final Fantasy franchise tbh. Has never floated my boat. JRPGs in general don't interest me apart from the odd exception here and there. At least they've joined the 21st Century nowadays for the most part and tend to have real-time combat. Turn-based combat is a real major turn off for me. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #464 on: May 25, 2012, 12:13:14 PM »
You're aware you're in the minority, there, though?

Did you ever play FF 7/8/9?