https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662689 times)

Chris

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #525 on: June 24, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
Long time no post, nothing has changed here by the looks of things!

Ni-Fi - wow, how original

loving Kenny's new(ish) gamertag

BF3 is better than CoD

aiming in Max Payne 3 is awful

Turn10 are milking Forza 4 (and the franchise) too much.

Still hate the dashboard

Nobody wants a Wii/Wii U except for kiddy fiddlers and weirdos.

That'll do for now, ff to see if Ghost Recon is as good as Im expecting.

Ciao.

Offline harv

« Reply #526 on: June 24, 2012, 04:53:54 PM »
 :o ;D

Have a look at the ZombiU hands-on reports mate, might change your mind about the Wii U. ;)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #527 on: June 24, 2012, 11:57:28 PM »
Tenner says it won't...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #528 on: June 25, 2012, 02:16:25 AM »
I did say might. ;)

ZombiU is going to be a system seller, no doubt in my mind about that. Every single hands-on report that I've seen has been glowing. And it also happens to be a game that will greatly appeal to the 'hardcore' demographic given how difficult the game is, the average time of survival was around 5 minutes at E3 lol.

I'm just glad that we're finally seeing a proper survival horror game again, ironically it's going to be more Resident Evil than Resident Evils 4, 5 and 6. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #529 on: June 25, 2012, 07:55:55 AM »
Nobody wants a Wii/Wii U except for kiddy fiddlers and weirdos.

Harvs not a weirdo!!!

;D

ZombiU is going to be a system seller, no doubt in my mind about that.

Yeah sure.. the wii had 2 big system sellers.. Wii Sports and Wii Fit... I think that says enough about nintendo's target demography for anyone to understand that ZombiU is not going to be a system seller... your living in dreamland if you think it will... how many millions are you predicting for it then.. cmon we want numbers so we can laugh at how little you know!

Offline Late

« Reply #530 on: June 25, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
...cmon we want numbers so we can laugh at how little you know!

There's no need for that.

We already laugh at how little he knows.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #531 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:36 AM »
Just about every launch title for every console sells over a million. ZombiU should double that in LTD sales and will also shift systems. And it isn't a Nintendo title, it's a Ubisoft one. ;)

I never would have thought that a Ubisoft title would showcase the GamePad better than anything from Nintendo. Pretty gobsmacking tbh :o

Ubisoft are going to do very well with the U - Rayman Legends, Rabbids Land, ZombiU and Just Dance 4 will all fly off shelves.

Offline bealec

« Reply #532 on: June 25, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »
Oh that hardcore gamers favourite Just Dance 4!

I already fell for the Nintendo trap and brought my girlfriend a Wii it's not been used in over a year now. I think either Drags or Jman said get a kinect instead. I regret not listening to them.

Offline harv

« Reply #533 on: June 25, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »
Oh that hardcore gamers favourite Just Dance 4!

I already fell for the Nintendo trap and brought my girlfriend a Wii it's not been used in over a year now. I think either Drags or Jman said get a kinect instead. I regret not listening to them.

That's your fault for being too tight to buy any games to go with it lol. There are plenty of good quality Wii games that will appeal to both the casual and hardcore gamer. Super Mario Galaxies 1 and 2, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Zelda Skyward Sword, Punch Out, Sin and Punishment 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story from Nintendo alone. If you haven't played all of those games then you're missing out.

Then you've got a wide range of exclusives from third parties - Cursed Mountain, Deadly Creatures, Silent Hill Shattered Memories (although that is available on the PSP and PS2 as well), Mario and Sonic At The Olympics, de Blob, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, Dead Space Extraction, Trauma Center Second Opinion, Trauma Center New Blood, Trauma Team, Madworld, Manhunt 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 1, Fatal Frame 4, House of The Dead Overkill, Red Steel 2 and Muramasa Demon Blade.

Then you've got a few multiplatform games that are a better experience on the Wii such as Godfather Blackhand Edition, Guitar Hero, Pro Evo and Tiger Woods.

If you or your girlfriend haven't played all of those titles then you're both missing out on some real quality gaming. ::)

And that's before you take Homebrew and the plethora of emulators available into account. :o 8)

Chris

« Reply #534 on: June 25, 2012, 10:58:44 PM »
Tenner says it won't...

Harv owes you a tenner

Offline harv

« Reply #535 on: June 26, 2012, 12:23:53 AM »
Have you checked it out yet..? Looks fantastic so far, for the first time in donkeys years we've FINALLY got a video game with genuine scares and tension. You're probably too much of a scaredy cat to play it you big wuss :P ;) :P ;D

It's basically the Demon's Souls of FPS games. One bite and you're dead. No aim assist, no automatically regenerating health, no checkpoints, no saving the game. :o

Not too sure how they're going to make those last two points work tbh...they would need to have saves between levels at least, surely..? Otherwise you'd have to start right from the beginning every time you start the game... :-\ :o :-\

And the multiplayer is especially looking like good fun. 8)

I haven't seen anyone saying or writing a bad word about it. Ubisoft are going to make bucketloads of cash out of it. A publisher generally shifts over a million units of launch titles but I can see Ubisoft doubling that in LTD sales.

Offline jman

« Reply #536 on: June 26, 2012, 08:19:37 AM »
A publisher generally shifts over a million units of launch titles but I can see Ubisoft doubling that in LTD sales.

No they dont, where do you get this garbage from ??

If we go on U.S. launch titles (as a console usually releases in that region first)..

DS - 1/7 sold over 1 million
3DS - 1/15 sold over 1 million
360 - 2/18 sold over 1 million
PS3 - 3/13 sold over 1 million
Wii - 5/20 sold over 1 million

So even with the Wii which was pretty much sold out for over a year after its launch.. only 5 games reached 1 million.. Red Steel.. the mature game from Ubisoft which everyone was going crazy about prior to the Wii's launch.. managed 0.64 million.  Oh and 2 million.. thats not a system seller.. your looking at more like 4+ million in sales (at least) to classify a game as a system seller.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:21:43 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #537 on: June 26, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »
I was talking about LTD worldwide sales, and a great deal of sales going back that far on vgchartz are missing European and Japanese sales figures ;)

All a publisher needs to do is release a launch title with decent marketing and they'll have sales figures over 1m. And Ubisoft are going to advertise the shit out of ZombiU. :o

Christ on a fucking bike, the latest rumour is that the U is going to support playing two games at the same time lol. Can't see that happening in a month of Sundays lololol. ;D It will also allow someone to use the browser or read an ebook on a second GamePad which is a great deal more likely. Two games at the same time, thought I'd heard it all lololol. ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:49:08 PM by harv »

Offline jman

« Reply #538 on: June 26, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
Yeah, strange the vgchartz figures are missing a lot of data on a few games... but still like I said.. your looking at 4+ million at least to be classified as a system seller.. most launch games still struggle to reach 1 million though.. the 3DS figures are all correct and only 1 first party game has made it...

I'd predict about 800k-1million LTD sales for ZombiU on the account that its the wrong demography for most potential buyers, its 3rd party and the Wii U will suffer slow sales at the start of its lifecycle because its not really a true next-gen console, its launching in a recession and it had a poor E3 showing trying to demonstrate what it can actually do

Offline Late

« Reply #539 on: June 26, 2012, 02:57:44 PM »
That's your fault for being too tight to buy any games to go with it lol....
Roughly what percentage of your wii games have you paid for?...

Christ on a ... bike, the latest rumour is that the U is going to support playing two games at the same time lol. Can't see that happening in a month of Sundays lololol. ;D It will also allow someone to use the browser or read an ebook on a second GamePad which is a great deal more likely. Two games at the same time, thought I'd heard it all lololol. ;D

Surf the internet, read a book, or play a game on a tablet, whilst someone else plays a game on their TV?
Wow, wonders will never cease.

(Harv, we can all do that now...
We can even take the tablet out of the house and continue to use it, if we're so inclined...)

Dawnguard reminder, folks.
Skyrim's DLC is out today on the 360 (30 days later on other platforms), costing 1600msp.
I've a stack of other stuff to get through, so will give this a swerve for now - though it does look great. Hopefully it'll be at a reduced price some time in the next few months, but I've no problems with paying full price tbh.