https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Transfer Rumours  (Read 166960 times)

Offline jman

Re: Transfer Rumours
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 08:42:03 AM »
Looks like Didi is not going to sign a new contract according to an interview he gave with a french magazine in which he confirmed he plans to leave... I cant blame him to be honest, a player like that doesnt deserve to be benched and its great that he wants to carry on playing... as long as he isnt going to another english team, I wish him the best of luck in the future.. 8 great years and a club legend...

Didier Drogba la la la la la!!
Very shocked by this. Drogba was everything you could ask for in a player in the last couple of games in the Champions League. Granted he could have done without giving away that penalty in the final, but I thought his performances were superb against Barcelona and Bayern Munich, even if he did dive "a little" against Barcelona, it was in fairness to get Chelsea's defenders a couple of seconds to catch a breather, very smart.

To think someone just scored in the biggest game of the clubs history, you'd think the only decent thing to do would be to offer him a new contract, but oh well...

Actually turns out the french magazine was talking a load of balls.. Ron Gourlay announced that contract talks are still ongoing... weird..
And by all accounts we have offered him a new contract... a 1 year extension... which he rejected.. I believe he wants at least 2 years.. so he'd be 36 before his contract expires.. he's a great striker but you have to realise that as a club we need to rebuild.. I would love him to stay in some kind of capacity, but he cant be the top drog forever.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
I'm actually split over whether we should keep him or not. He's pretty unique as a striker and gives us a different option, but he also restricts the way we play and I think it is Drogba more than anyone who makes it difficult for us to change the way we play.

If he was happy to stay and accept that he's going to be on the bench a lot, then I'd say we should keep him. Starting him in certain gamesa gainst some teams would be great and he would be a great option for a plan B from the bench. Unfortunately I can't see him accepting not being numero uno striker and I don't think the club will want to pay big money wages to a player who would be mostly on the bench.

If he goes now it will be as a legend, especially after his goal and penalty in the CL final. What a way to go out. I think that would be better than simply watching him fade away.

As I said, I also think of all of the "old guard" he is the one who is preventing the team from being revamped and the style being changed. He is the only player who makes it difficult to adapt to a more passing style. It has never worked very well playing him in a front two, or with other strikers. He is better with two decent wide men and as a focal point, which is why we have struggled becasue we have not adequately replaced Duff and Robben in the last few years.

Lamps still has a lot to offer and has proven he can adapt his game and play a more defensive role. What RDM has done with Lamps may be good for England as Lamps has shown discipline in playing a deep role besides Mikel against Barca and Bayern, so it is possible that both he and Gerrard could start together and be successful.

New players can then be brought into the team around Lamps.

JT is a centre back, so he is not going to affect the way we play going forward. He's actually a pretty good passer of the ball and is good in possession. Even when he first broke through and was partnering Desailly, Desailly passed the ball off to JT to bring out. He's not getting any younger and injuries will catch up with him but with a defender like Luiz next to him who has pace, he can still be a top defender. Chaill is looking a very good replacement though.

So really, the experience and leadership ability of JT and Lamps can be vital in the transition period with new players coming in. Chelsea will still be able to adapt their style.

I also think that RDM can adapt our style. West Brom played a passing game under him. I think he has shown with his tactics against Bayern and Barca that he can adopt different tactics.

Plenty of transfer rumours over who we are going to buy now, with Roman apparently ready to splash the cash. I'd just prefer it if we let the manager choose players. When you have a good man manager, like Jose, Hiddink or RDM, it's important that they are able to choose the players or be involved in the transfer process because there is less likely to be a clash of personalities. It's like any job, it's not just about the player's ability, he needs to be able to fit in personalty wise and not be a potential problem in the dressing room. Especially if the owner is promising a new signing he will play and the manager wants to leave him out. 
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »
I hope we keep Drogs, not to fussed either way with Torres but we definately need to get rid of loads. The likes of Kalou, Malouda, Boswinga, Meireles, Ferreira, Turnbull and dare I say it Essien.
 Ferreira has been a great servent to the club but his time is up, Essien looks like he will never be the player he once was due to all his injuries, all the others aren't consistant enough. I would have added Mikel to the list, but I think RDM has got the best out of him.

As for replacements, I'm sure Roman...err sorry the new manager will know who he wants.  ;)We urgently require a quality number 2 Keeper, because if Cech gets injured we would be just like the goons.........I heard both Craig Gordon and Jaaskalainen are available as contracts have finished at Bolton and Sunderland, then Courtois could keep gaining experience in Spain.

Offline bealec

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 03:23:39 PM »
He's definitely leaving. He's released a statement saying he's going.

That could spell the beginning of the end for some of Chelsea's old guard. Refresh the ranks a little.

Offline jman

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
Yep, its only drogs leaving though.. lamps has another year to see out yet and will probably get an extension next year anyway.. JT still has plenty of years left in him yet.. Cech seems to be coming into his prime as well.. so cant see us replacing him.. he went through a bad patch at the start of the season.. but like most players, flourished towards the end and proved he's still one of the best in the world..

The Torres reports after the CL were all taken out of context naturally.. but I can imagine that he'll be relieved to see the back of Drogba.. not because of any dislike.. but because Didi has always been Top Drog and Nando will get more of a look in now..

Hopefully we are going to consider a new striker that can link up with Nando to give us more flexibility in the formations we can use.. exciting times ahead

Offline harv

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 05:21:31 PM »
Berbatov and Owen are available now :P ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 05:27:28 PM »
He's definitely leaving. He's released a statement saying he's going.

That could spell the beginning of the end for some of Chelsea's old guard. Refresh the ranks a little.

Nope, I don't think so. JT and Lamps are the only two regualras amongst the old guard, unless you consider Ashley Cole and Cech, but Cole is fit as a butchers dog and still has a few years left in him and keepers can go on longer at the top anyway.

As I said earlier, Drogba going will make it easier for the manager to adapt the style of play, while the others (the four mentioned above) are good enough to blend into a new system. In fact we will almost have no choice but to adapt our style of play without him. There aren't too many strikers who could replace him like for like. Lukaku is big and strong but still too raw. He may well be our plan B next season unless we loan him out.

Probably the right move for Didier. Going out on a high as a Chelsea legend, rather than potentially spend a lot of time warming the bench next season. Good luck to him wherever he goes. He has said it won;t be to another Premier League club as he wouldn't play for anyone but Chelsea.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 06:04:26 PM »

Probably the right move for Didier. Going out on a high as a Chelsea legend, rather than potentially spend a lot of time warming the bench next season. Good luck to him wherever he goes. He has said it won;t be to another Premier League club as he wouldn't play for anyone but Chelsea.

Spot on, even though I wish we still had him to terrorise the goon defence.  :)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »
Hmmm, the main bets are on him going to China to link up with Anelka for big money, but the U.S.A is another option, he's already well liked out there, but I'm wondering if, now Mourinho has signed a new 4 year deal with Real Madrid, Jose won't be tempted to try and tempt him to Spain to continue his battles with Barca.

Offline harv

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
Citeh have let Hargreaves go unfortunately, really feel for the fellah. Would have been the best midfielder this country has seen in years if he could stay fit for more than 5 minutes. He even offered to play for nothing before we let him go :'(

8 appearances in 4 years I think :-\ :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »
Hmmm, the main bets are on him going to China to link up with Anelka for big money, but the U.S.A is another option, he's already well liked out there, but I'm wondering if, now Mourinho has signed a new 4 year deal with Real Madrid, Jose won't be tempted to try and tempt him to Spain to continue his battles with Barca.

Cant see him at Real, even though he would probably love to play for Jose again, but it might mean him facing Chelsea and I don't think he wants to do that, reading his statement.

China seems the obvious place he will end up even though,  it appears Anelka may have lost his job in China if the papers are too be believed.

I saw Didier's first game at Stamford Bridge, a testimonial for Gianfranco and he was immense and made a great impression, mind you so did Kezman... :) I love him to bits but I just wish he had cut down on the diving/play acting, it besmirched an otherwise great time at Chelsea.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
It will be interesting to see if the Anelka situation affects his decision to go to China. I think America would be great for him, better than China. They'd love him over there and he'd potentially be as big as Beckham. Although the Chinese will pay him more, I think his long term gains could be much greater from America.

He was named as one of Times magazine's 100 most influential people for his work in the Ivory Coast, particularly in helping bring peace to the country, so he's already made an impression off the field.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 09:19:37 PM »
I understand what you are saying about the States, and can't disagree... as far as the Ivory Coast goes, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in a very high position in Government, if not the President.

I saw a documentary of the work he's doing with his Hospital, it was immense and simply EVERYONE in the Country loves him.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »
There's a couple of interviews with him on Chelsea TV (and you tube) saying goodbye and thanks to the fans and also about him breaking the news to the other players. Genuine guy and he's really quite humble.

The goals, the theatrics and drama, his power, pace and ability. Apart from being one of the best strikers in the world over the past 8 years, love him or hate him, he has been pure entertainment.

Top bloke.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 10:58:16 PM »
Exactly,

as a footballer supreme, as a man even better.