https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Quit smoking  (Read 12488 times)

Offline harv

Re: Quit smoking
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »
Before the missus gets up..? You should be kicking her up the bum to get her to bring you your tea and breakfast in bed just after your daily morning blow job. :P ;D

Got to keep these wimmin in their place! :o 8) ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »
Saturday and Sunday morning are the most peace and quiet I get all week.. not going to spoil that  ;) ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »
That's what ball gags and bondage are for lol :o ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Going well, Kieran! Well done mate. :D
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 08:18:00 AM »
Day 70 today.
986 Cigarettes not smoked
£369.75 saved

Cant see myself giving in now, I've been out several times with smokers.. just bought an e-cig along on each occasion just in case.  Not smoking the e-cigs at any other time so they are lasting a fairly long time.  My boss reeks of fags in the morning.. never really noticed it before until a few weeks back.. its enough to keep me off them lol.

The only time I fear I might give in, is when I'm on holiday.. its not till end of July and I'll be going with 5 non-smokers.. I think its going to be the big test though.

Offline Late

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »
A few days away from one year, for me :D
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 08:09:19 AM »
Well done, that's quite an achievement!  :D

Offline dannyjames2

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »
Arghhh i can't stop!  >:(

Can anyone help?

Offline Late

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 11:13:10 AM »
What have you tried?

Offline jman

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
If you don't want to give up, nothing will work..

Day 126
1,771 ciggys not smoked
£664.12 saved.

Had some really bad cravings one weekend recently, just crept up on me.... a bit of willpower and a trusty e-cig saved the day.

Offline Late

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »
I must be about £5500- £6000 saved now.

And yet I'm driving around in a 17 year old Skoda I picked up for £300 last month.

And people come to me for professional financial advice!

Offline dannyjames2

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 02:47:57 AM »
Mainly Nicorette spray.

Offline Late

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 09:39:28 AM »
I believe nicotine patches and e-cigs have the highest success rates.
It's worth giving both a try.

I tried the patches a few years ago. They were recognised as having the highest success rate at the time (e-cigs either weren't around then, or weren't well known). Personally I didn't take to them at all. Waste of money for me. But I don't regret trying them. Better to waste money on something that might work (but in the end didn't) than to waste money on putting something cancerous in my mouth, setting it on fire, and inhaling deeply. (Wow, when I put it like that...)

After much nagging from the wife and kids I finally tried e-cigs early last year, and I took to them instantly. Cost £37 to get a full starter kit, and costs about £10 a week thereafter. I haven't tried cutting down the nicotine yet. Might do eventually, but I like smoking my e-cig. (Especially since switching from tobacco flavour to some of the alternative flavours - but I'm glad I started on tobacco flavour.)

There's no guaranteed way to quit. It's different for everyone. And as Kieron says, if you don't really want to quit then no measures will have much effect. But if you're sure you want to quit try one of the above.

Offline jman

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »
Day 178 today - Exactly half a year since I gave up.. haven't so much as touched a ciggy, never mind smoked one since then.

2,500 cigarettes not smoked
£936 saved.

Not only that, but managed to keep the weight gain off and actually lost around 20lbs since then.

Has been a good couple of months since I used an e-cig aswell... however.. holiday coming up.. I'm thinking its probably going to be a wise bet to take a few e-cigs out with me.  I had already decided I was going to smoke out there.. but with 6 months behind me now.. I don't want to ruin all the good work... and most importantly my stats (you know how OCD I can get about numbers and stuff)  8)

Offline Late

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 11:57:22 AM »
Congrats, mate! Keep it up :D

(I'm still off the cigs, still hooked on the e-cig)