https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: New Tellies  (Read 7857 times)

Offline harv

New Tellies
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:18:14 PM »
Have been saving some money for 6 months and was planning on paying off some of my credit card but May is the time of year when retailers clear their 2014 stock off the shelves/channels ready for their 2015 stock.

And there have been great deals these last couple of weeks from Asda and Tesco for 50" tellies. Won't have the money until early June so I'm probably going to miss out >:( There's a particularly good deal from Asda for one for £286, so if you want a cheap 50" telly for the bedroom or even to replace a smaller one in your front room then it's worth checking out if you have a big Asda near you. They were available online but sold out quick today.

I'll post the link in my next post.

Have read good feedback from the majority of people on hotukdeals, although some people have had a problem with buzzing when viewed on the lower backlight settings, but I have always had those settings to the max anyway. Some others have also had the LED backlight bleeding through in the middle of the screen but that's solved by tapping the screen apparently.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: New Tellies
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 10:33:11 PM »
Here it is.

You're obviously not going to get a dog's bollocks telly for that price and apparently you either need a soundbar or speakers connected to the headphone socket because the speakers built into the TV are at the back for some strange reason but it's a great deal for the price - a 50" LED LCD telly that's 1080p and has Freeview HD built-in.

And just in time for the World Cup if you can get hold of one.

Tesco are also doing two for over 300 quid but I'm 4-6 weeks away from being able to afford one of those. :(

I've had my no-name 37" Sainsburys telly for years now and have been very happy with it so don't have a problem with being a TV snob lol. My InspiRED telly was made in the Czech Republic I think and it's been fantastic, hopefully those tellies above from Turkey are just as good!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »
Couldn't get one from Asda, so decided to get this one from Tesco instead. It's basically the same model with a different badge on it. Had to borrow some money from my Mum to get it...hopefully she's not going to be too fussed when I pay it back lol. :P

So that's me set up for the World Cup! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »
Woo hoo!!! My Mum just got my new telly delivered and is bringing it up to me on Friday. Have just sold my 37" to Kevin, the bloke in one of the flats downstairs for 20 quid. Could have got a good bit more for it but he's a nice bloke and hasn't got a great deal of cash so I'm happy for him to take it off my hands. ;D

Mario Kart 8 and the World Cup is going to be glorious :o 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
I'm sure you'll love it, mate.
I love my Panasonic Viera 50", but it's a fair few years old now (bought it Sept 2009). I wouldn't be surprised if budget tellies these days are better than top brand tvs from a few years back.
I would love to upgrade - but I'm broke and there's nothing wrong with the one I have other than it only being 720p (which seemed fine at the time, but wasn't very forward-thinking of me), so I'm stuck with it for the next few years :(
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 05:14:35 PM »
You'd be better off waiting a couple of years anyway because 4K tellies should be affordable by then. And when you do get a new one wait until May because as I've said before shops have some great deals going because they clear the shelves of the old stock ready for the new stuff.

I'm just hoping that there's no problems with it out of the box because my Mum doesn't want to open it iand try it out because it's going to be easier to transport with it all boxed and sealed. :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 08:28:15 AM »
Was gonna wait until next year to get a 4k telly but an opportunity arose recently that was too good to ignore.

Managed to get a brand new 4k 55" Sony Bravia for.. wait for it.... £250  ;D :P

In my opinion Sony make the best tvs so I'm pretty chuffed I managed to bag one at that price.  Pick it up Sunday!

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 12:15:25 PM »
Fucking hell...how did you manage that..?!!?!? :o

Congrats! ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 08:14:35 PM »
Mother in law works at Sony,  got a bit overzealous with the discounting as it was her last day after 22 years service there..  That's 4 bravias we've got off her now  ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 03:03:19 PM »
Bloody hell - congrats on that, mate!
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »
My friend's just paid £950 for a 55" 4k Samsung. That's a real bargain JMAN.

I've just paid £279 for a 42" 4k Samsung. So I am rather jealous.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 09:36:58 PM »
Hehe, yeah these normally retail for about £800, the normal discounted price was £620 so yeah, got a proper good deal.  Need to download a software update for the hdr stuff, but my Internet is so slow, I'll do that overnight but it does look boss!  Playing on the x1 earlier showed off the biggest difference, although don't think the original x1 upscales to 4k so not sure on that one

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 11:23:05 PM »
Just wait until you get a Scorpio, your mind will be blown :o

It's great getting a new telly. My old telly was a 37" and when I got my current 50" one it was really jaw dropping...it felt like having a cinema in my bedroom lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Now of course I tend to watch stuff using Virtual Desktop which, as the app name suggests, displays your PC desktop on a bloody great big screen in VR. One of the environments for it is a cinema so I went from feeling like having a cinema in my bedroom to actually having a cinema in my bedroom, albeit a virtual one lol :P

8)

Offline Late

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 03:02:02 AM »
Tell us about VR some more, Harv...

::)

Offline jman

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 09:32:49 AM »
Think he's too busy to reply...